Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!*

PJTierney

This is a very old thread, use the new one instead:

Message added by PJTierney

For those who cant connect randomly or cant upload times during leagues, try this:

alt+tab game and go to https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/home
Login and go back to the game (if its windowed, alt + enter to full screen)

It worked for a couple of pals.

Im running an Estonian Virtual Autosport League rally series in Dirt Rally and almost half of the drivers are having this issue, including me. Which means that out of 40 drivers half of them are encountering this problem.  Thats a serious problem, if people need to countiniously spam the "OK" button in their homes to continue driving...  :/

Yes, it worked the last few days. But today the problem occurs again!! AAAARGH!
Monthly event: Raced the first stage twice now, and I give up on the third try. It make no sense AND no fun.

UK on PC here.  

It's a bit worrying that the problem with Racenet was acknowledged in the OP to this forum last September and some 8 months later the Blog is still acknowledging there is a problem.

Today, after pressing enter for the stage to actually start in an online event,  the following message appears, "CONNECTION FAILED  The Racenet service is not available. Please try again later."  Then message repeats if I attempt to get into any other league of event.  Quit, reboot Dirt Rally but go through exactly the same sequence each time.  

ALSO any progress in career/custom events are lost when I next start Dirt Rally.  

Had these problems in the past from time to time, but usually resolved by Steam "verify integrity of game cache" or removing all subscribed Steam Workshop files, or added liveries.  But not this time.  

@ceolmor Half the problem here is that the current racenet issues aren't related to this thread start, i wouldn't worry about that, these are new after the release of 1.1.

The other issues you're experiencing, you will need to delete the contents of the Dirt Rally folder, *then* validate the cache.  This is not the same as a straight validation or an uninstall.  Alternatively, if you know you have added folders or *additional* files to DR, you can remove them.

F2CMaDMaXX Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  I will try the delete contents of DR folder suggestion.  Had already removed what few additional files I have, which this time didn't work.

Did the delete contents of Dirt Rally folder before doing the validate cache as suggested by F2CMaDMaXX and all working good here now, including Racenet.  Thanks.

It's happening again. Can't finish Weekly2-event because of the error.
Yesterday I drove the first 2 German stages. I crashed after I tried to start the thirt one (Finland). Message "RaceNet not available". Also after restarting Dirt Rally, and I tried again, the error appeared again.
Today the second try: I tried to start stage no.3 (Finland) - again crashed, "RaceNet not available". Second try today after restarting Dirt Rally: "RaceNet not available". :-(
Before the Weekly2-Try today, I finished both daily events. BUT: On both events the leaderboard can't be loaded after finishing the stage. I was angry in the first, BUT I had the luck that my time was saved. When I hit the X-button after crashed to the menu I saw my time was saved.

PC-version, Austria, no custom liveries or so on.

When I remember correctly, I finished only 1 (ONE) Weekly event since I drive Dirt Rally. All the other times, I wasn't able to finish it, because of the "RaceNet not available"-error. Isn't this absolutely unbelievable!?

Struggled to get on for a few hours today now seems ok. Says my connection refused (Xbox one). Again seems ok now - posting because you asked for the feedback. :) I do understand a patch is being worked on.

so my wife and boy are out and i've got the whole afternoon to myself - Dirt Rally time, right?
nek minnit, times aren't uploading, no career progress saved. &#$%.
Looks like i'm deleting and verifying/downloading 30GB of files instead.

Hello, I just purchased the game strictly for League racing, I cannot enter Leagues. when I open the game it says connecting to Racenet then it takes me to main menu. Once I click on leagues it says you are signed out of Leagues would like to sign in. I tried what was recommended above post.  this is very frustrating. I paid $60 USD and I cannot even race in leagues. can any one help me out? I have emailed CM directly but no responce

Make sure you start/signup for the games regular "single player" career mode, you also need an account on Racenet, make sure you have both.

ok, so my problem is that I put my correct racenet ID and correct password in and it ALWAYS comes back with a message saying - "CONNECTION FAILED The RaceNet service is not available. Please try again later." - Playing on PS4, Broadband connection is ample sufficient and living in New Zealand. (go Hayden Paddon!!!). Please help

Having Trouble linking my steam account to racenet account. after i enter my Correct Username and PW it goes back to the accounts page and says there was an error try again later. I have done this several times with the same issue. i was able to link my xbox live account with no problem but then i tried steam again it says the same thing that there was an error and to try again later.

Just bought this crap on PC.
Why do you people at CM treat us like criminals??!!!
I just download this(26GB) and it wont run,there is no mouse cursor and  i cant get beyond the gamma screen. 
I WILL NEVER  BUY ANYTHING CODEMASTERS AGAIN.

I can't connect to Racenet. Its been this way for about 3 days. Please fix it before the weekly event is over at least.

Cant connect racenet two last weeks. It says something like Racenet is unavaliable, try again later. I tried to reintall, to delete dirt folder and then check cash, but there is no result, I still cant connect. Help me please! I'm loosing Monthly event!

PS4 Version. I've had the game a few days and I've never been able to get online. "Racenet Server Unavailable".
I just tried unlinking my account and linking it again.... but now I can't even link it because "Racenet Server Unavailable".
The Dirt Rally website is awful too. Takes hours to load one damn page.

Was looking forward to this game and years of Americanised rubbish, now it's finally here and I can't get online :@

Chris

Not able to connect to racenet for me to.  PS4, just updated to V1.03 - Thrustmaster wheel fix.  Worked fine before the V1.02 (Thrustmaster wheel death) patch.

Cannot connect to racenet for rewards from daily online events nor to participate in the new daily online events or even to finish the weekly or monthly events as well...Have tried on both of my accounts to no avail...Message reads: "The RaceNet service is not available. Please try again later."...I have been trying since about 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon and still no response from RaceNet...My internet connection is running right around 86 mbps so it's not the internet...

Same here, can not connect and as already mentioned the events do not show on the web site. I guess they must be working on it , hope so.  

Can´t connect to racenet neither my racefriends. Ps4 version. And our league´s last rally is about to end. :(