Jump to content Jump to content

Setups don’t consistently apply

Report Code: ASPA-PRPH-ASJK-REMG

Platform: PC

Game mode: Time Trial (but similar issues in multiplayer race)

Description: Custom setups are not consistently applied, both in the view setup screen, and when you actually get into the time trial/race.

Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/ezPpSX4KPiE

Timeline of the video for reference:

0:15 - Rear tyres lock and spin out - check brake bias setting - bias is at 50%. I put it on 52% then exit to garage.
0:34 - check custom setup - brake bias is at 52%, which is too low for my preference.
0:40 - I load and apply my Time Trial best setup (which should have a higher brake bias).
0:45 - I check the setup - brake bias is still at 52%, which is not the correct setting.
0:55 - I load and apply my Time Trial best setup a second time.
1:05 - I check the setup - brake bias is now correctly set at 55%.
1:10 - 1:50 - nothing, skip this.
1:50 - I exit the setup screen, press the 'select preset' button, then double check in the setup screen that I definitely have 55% brake bias this time.
2:15 - I check my brake bias setting (by pressing my +1 brake bias button) - it's gone back to 52% (53% after pressing the button).

Note that this only appears to be affecting my brake bias - looking over the video, the other setup settings stay the same. I'll see if I can re-create the same issue with the differential settings and update this post.

As a secondary note - it appears that if you have a default setup selected (such as Balanced), then load a rival/leaderboard setup, it does not activate the custom setup, but rather just overwrites what you had in the custom slot and leaves you selected on the default setup (such as Balanced). This behaviour is different to last years game, and doesn't align with the Apply Rival's Setup message of 'This will overwrite your current setup.'.

Edited by steviejay69
Title
  • NinjaElmo changed the title to Setups do consistently apply
6 hours ago, NinjaElmo said:

Report Code: ASPA-PRPH-ASJK-REMG

Platform: PC

Game mode: Time Trial (but similar issues in multiplayer race)

Description: Custom setups are not consistently applied, both in the view setup screen, and when you actually get into the time trial/race.

Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/ezPpSX4KPiE

Timeline of the video for reference:

0:15 - Rear tyres lock and spin out - check brake bias setting - bias is at 50%. I put it on 52% then exit to garage.
0:34 - check custom setup - brake bias is at 52%, which is too low for my preference.
0:40 - I load and apply my Time Trial best setup (which should have a higher brake bias).
0:45 - I check the setup - brake bias is still at 52%, which is not the correct setting.
0:55 - I load and apply my Time Trial best setup a second time.
1:05 - I check the setup - brake bias is now correctly set at 55%.
1:10 - 1:50 - nothing, skip this.
1:50 - I exit the setup screen, press the 'select preset' button, then double check in the setup screen that I definitely have 55% brake bias this time.
2:15 - I check my brake bias setting (by pressing my +1 brake bias button) - it's gone back to 52% (53% after pressing the button).

Note that this only appears to be affecting my brake bias - looking over the video, the other setup settings stay the same. I'll see if I can re-create the same issue with the differential settings and update this post.

As a secondary note - it appears that if you have a default setup selected (such as Balanced), then load a rival/leaderboard setup, it does not activate the custom setup, but rather just overwrites what you had in the custom slot and leaves you selected on the default setup (such as Balanced). This behaviour is different to last years game, and doesn't align with the Apply Rival's Setup message of 'This will overwrite your current setup.'.

There is no requirement to private the video.

• Agree 1
  • steviejay69 changed the title to Setups don’t consistently apply

Not sure what you're talking about, I haven't edited anything since the first post? I see the typo you are mentioning in the title, but I haven't edited it since posting. Strange. I'll leave it with you.

image.thumb.png.fa91ad5c33a91b8259ae650a9038f195.png

On 7/16/2021 at 5:41 PM, NinjaElmo said:

Not sure what you're talking about, I haven't edited anything since the first post? I see the typo you are mentioning in the title, but I haven't edited it since posting. Strange. I'll leave it with you.

image.thumb.png.fa91ad5c33a91b8259ae650a9038f195.png

That's because I'd just changed it back to a sensible one 🙂

And I couldn't replicate the issue.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, steviejay69 said:

That's because I'd just changed it back to a sensible one 🙂

And I couldn't replicate the issue.

A detailed description of the issue. Setups when loaded do not display the correct value for Fuel Load even though I suspect they are actually loaded correctly. You can see at about 3:25
Report Code GDCM-KGTM-VASK-JBVG
Platform? PC Steam
Game-mode? Multiplayer
[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. 15 - Steam names are in the video, all are AOR members
[ONLINE] Were you the host? No
[PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard. 

DxDiag.txt

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Couldn't replicate initially in TT, but deffo happened here.
Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Load a setup twice from a previously saved setup in a different gaming session.