Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

Been playing the game since Monday so I'll post a bit about what I've found.  Some may be bugs, some are just minor annoyances.  All in all, really enjoying the game and have probably equalled the amount of playing time that G2 got!

Racenet Challenges
  • Once you've entered a challenge and set up your car, you cannot get back to setup menu without quitting the game and restarting the challenge again.  Seems a little long winded.
  • The last touring car challenge on Bathurst - some people had times of 1:56.  Whilst I'm not one to throw out cheat accusations, I'm not exactly slow and I can't break the 2:00 barrier, let alone an additional 4 seconds.  People may be using fully tuned cars or getting quite lucky on the AI cars to slipstream but to me, 4 seconds seems a fair bit of a gap. There should be something in the leaderboards which shows the level of car rank used to make the time.
  • AI on these challenges are very poor.  They should at least match what our ingame career difficulty because the slow AI are too unpredictable and block every corner no matter which way I try to get around them.  Rage inducing!

• Whilst I like playlists for the randomness of tracks/car combo's, it would be nice if we could see which sessions are available within a particluar playlist.  I've left a few playlists because some people aren't exactly fair, only to restart and end up in the same one again.  Having to keep restarting the session in hope of finding a different Street room is highly annoying.  Please let me pick which Street Playlist I want to go in! 
  • Text chat - hear me out, I know its done to the death but it is very important for PC users.  I've played a lot of online games against some good people and on occasions, I may end up running out of talent at a particular turn.  I jump on the mic to apologise and hear nothing back, yet the guy I've just hit is in a session with 2 other mates.  I presume they have their voice locked down to friends only so they can't hear me apologise.  On the 2nd track, I get smashed to pieces by said group.  I feel a quick "sorry mate, bit ambitious there" would go a long way in avoiding these situations.
  • Joining a lobby - would like to see laps remaining in a session - sometimes I'm waiting for ages.
  • Spectator mode - you can join spectator at the end of the race but not whilst you are waiting.  Just seems a bit strange and I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but let us see what's going on in the session whilst we wait.  If there's idiots, we don't have to waste time waiting for the next race and can be merrily on our way to the next session (that's if we don't get stuck in the session loop cycle and keep rejoining the same one - hence letting us pick it!)
General HUD / Cockpit
  • Fastest lap for a particular car/track should be permanently shown on the HUD so you know what to aim for.  Bit pointless having the fastest lap of the session only.
  • A rear view mirror would be nice or the option to turn it on/off
  • Blurred cockpit cam - not that I use cockpit cam, but it does look a little bland and I can understand why it upsets those who primarily use that view.  At the very least, there should be working dials - especially when you have the option to remove your HUD.  Even the vehicles in the beta version of Battlefield Hardline had working dials.

Garages/Cars/Menu options

• Garage slots - There's not enough - I end up having to pick all my garage slots for 1 particular class.  I have bought maximum slots and have just filled my garages with street cars until I rank them up.  Then I end up selling them all just to move onto the next class.  Surely we should have 8/10 slots per class and not 8 slots across the whole game.  With the repair bills on top, it's hard to win enough money to stay afloat and be competitive when you keep selling your ranked cars to buy the next class specific cars to tune those.
  • Repair - please can we have a 'repair all' option instead of having to repair individual elements all the time - or get rid of this feature altogether.
  • Tuning setup - as mentioned earlier, allow us to enter this menu from the pause screen in offline/racenet challenge mode.  Having to go round the houses and wait for cut scenes becomes tedious after a while.
  • Car purchase - allow us to do it from the car selecting screen i.e. you join a session and have to pick a loaner car but you may have enough cash to buy that car.  Just give us a buy now option instead of us having to quit the game just go to go to the car buying menu.  Also, if you don't have a garage slot, let us purchase that at the same time (or remove the garage limit and just include the 'buy now' option for the car in the menu)
As metioned at the beginning, I'm properly enjoying a Codemasters game again and have met some fast and fair people online, more so than I found in G1 and G2.  To be fair, most of the sessions I've played in haven't tolerated idiots and they've been swiftly booted come the next race. 

I've also embraced the voice comms given the lack of text chat but I still think there's some way to maintain player engagament and longevity of GAS.

Good job codies, keep listening to your community!

Eras I had to put the club livery on a second time before it showed.
We can sort it this afternoon when you want.  :D

Codies.....you need to give that man [gaski] a job on your design board for the next grid iteration or somethin.
And you deffo need him on your beta program [assumin hes not already and that he would accept!]

Goonertez said:
Codies.....you need to give that man [gaski] a job on your design board for the next grid iteration or somethin.
And you deffo need him on your beta program [assumin hes not already and that he would accept!]
Haha cheers mate :)

Not seen you online yet - gonna have to get a game on the go!

I sent you a friend request in racenet i bleeve....wanted you on my challenge lists so i did!
been online evry night since release, mainly in private sessions tho.
and 99% time in Cat  C Touring.

but ideally i want to be in public, with most slots filled with guys i know of n trust ya know? [with a smattering of the unknown 8P]

im sure we will catch up soon anyhoo

Ah ok mate - I don't know how to access that friends list as all mine are on Steam.  I'll have a quick butchers now but maybe thats another comment for feedback.. More intuitive menus that tell you when you receive a msg etc!

I'm usually flitting about the street and touring playlists with some mates so we usually get some good banter and swiftly kick any crashers/idiots.  Defo be up for a game of that with the regulars tho!

goto www.racenet.com i think and login [same details as forum i think]
you should see a friend rekky there somewhere.

EDIT: jus sent a gaski from uk whos got 39 hours in autosport a friend request in steam, should be you!

Added you on racenet and steam mate.

Bit embrassing that I've clocked 39 hours since Monday haha.  Supposed to be working from home this week!

Ah! . . I was a member of GRT (3rd place in leaderboard) until before I could settle in got told by the manager that I had to start contributing points, so left.

Am now a manager in [DRT], JustBigLee's Club, and can race without coming last all the time, or any other nonsense . . . it's all down to the mix and you guys are way too fast for me . . Oh, and Dave is a manager so it's a bit like old times, more tea  . .
~O)

Sorry i know that this will be OFF TOPIC so don't fire me but Before it will be too late i must talk about DLC content this is very important!!! and we all know that there are already enough contents about OPEN WHEEL;DRIFT and STREET disciplines, so please you must focus only on TOURING CARS/ENDURANCE/SUPER MODIFIED and some more tracks of course, so let's get started! These cars must be added for sure!!!!
1. TC. CAT C: Toyota Avensis 

MG

ALFA ROMEO 156

LADA GRANTA

CITROEN C-ELYSEE

SEAT LEON

VAUXHALL INSIGNA

MERCEDES CLASS A

2. CAT B (EURO V8 SUPERSTARS)
LEXUS iSF

JAGUAR XK

MASERATI QUATTROPORTE

CHRYSLER c300 and CADILLAC

3.(Australian V8 Supercars)
VOLVO s60

NISSAN ALTIMA

4. CAT A (Argentinean/Brasil STC 2000) PLUS Belgian STC!
FIAT LINEA

SAAB 9-3

DACIA LOGAN

KIA PRO_CEED

RENAULT MEGANE

and give us back VOLVO S60 and VW SCIROCCO from GRID 2 of course these 2 cars as a free dcl! why they were cutted out for G.AUTOSPORT???!
VOLVO s60

VW SCIROCCO

I WANT RAIN and our custom livery and team in career and many new real and fictional liveries plus 20/24 cars on track and these new tracks (STREET) PAU(france);MACAO(china) and PORTO then IMOLA;MONZA;OULTON PARK;KNOCKHILL;CROFT;DONINGTON PARK;NURBURGRING! PLEASE GUYS SUPPORT ME this would be awesome!!!!! THESE ARE REAL CONTENTS for DLC!
L-)  ^:)^

I can't wait to know your opinion guys! and please CODEMASTERS answer me tell me it's possible!

lovin your work doode.

Alas, i dont think were gonna get much else in touring on grid autosport, however id love to be wrong.

The genre deserves a game of its own in my opinion, and would include all btcc, wtcc and other touring classes from all over the world.

itd have weather, snow, desert, lots and lots of uk tracks, and a tiff needel voice over as a nod to the past.
oh, and there would be no tank unlocks or lava land tracks!

can't see them adding weather in now given it would be a big job given every car in the game reacts differently to different weather conditions. I think this is the primary reason why weather has been left out. New tracks & cars and a few new competitions are a given as they're already looking at this I believe for DLC.

Before you say anything yes there is weather in the F1 games but in that game they only worry about F1 cars. Grid Autosport on the other hand has a large range of cars from multiple different disciplines all with their own way of handling. It may be possible once Grid or what the next game in this series is goes next gen. I think right now it's about enjoying what we have now that CM are back on track.

I thought the "Black" edition included a Mercedes car, and that the pre-order on Steam was the "Black" edition ?

'GRID Autosport' is due out next week, which means there's still time to nab the Black Edition. The Black edition includes the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series Car, 5 Black Edition White Ravenwest Liveries, 20 Extra Black Edition Online Livery Patterns, and 10 New Premium sponsors with objectives.

Steam says the Black edition has been installed but the Mercedes in question will cost 230,000 ingame . .so where is the deal in that ?

~O)

These comments make me lose the hope...please don't abandon touring cars please!  [-O<  [-X  :-w

Phil88TC said:
These comments make me lose the hope...please don't abandon touring cars please!  [-O<  [-X  :-w
I don't think they'll do thatbut whenever CM do touring car stuff it'll always be in combination with the Grid series

I forgot the PROTON 

and this WTCC CHEVROLET CRUZE a bit different from the CRUZE we got in the game

Next post will be about CLASSIC TC

Oh hey I recognize that WTCC Chevrolet Cruze. I'm trying out one of their sponsors (Steel Seal) on my dodgy head gasket tonight. If no car handling gets designed tomorrow it'll be because it didn't work and my engine exploded.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old Detroit, Long Beach, Donnington Park, Milan and Nurburgring circuits in a future DLC release. These were the very best circuits for multiplayer races! With the servers taken down on PS3, it doesn't make sense not to have them in the new game? Please!

Hey @Loore‌ could you tell the guys to let us change the colour of our numbers? Its a bit annoying having a number on the only black part of my car haha :)

my take is codemasters did same has in first grid messed up all over again added ravenswest to the scene.. and making sure they finish 2 and 3 or 1 and 2 I don't get this game no fun if I could get refund I take back to store ...

I haven't been able to play much of the game, because I got problems using the clutch with a Logitech G27. For some reason, I have to stomp on it, it all the way. I do mean all the way. A few minutes ago I made a few tests and, if I rise my foot even a little, it doesn't register and I miss the gear shift.
So far, it has been so frustrating that I usually just Alt-F4 out of the game and go to play Assetto Corsa or Shift 2, where this problem doesn't happen.
Now that I know what's going on, I'm going to choose the control scheme without the clutch, sadly. It's better to miss that, than not being able to play the game =/
I will appreciate any tip to solve this problem :)
Cheers!

Hi !

I'd like more cars and tracks.
online replays, I wish i could save my online races so i can watch later .
i find it extremely difficult to find matches online ... ex. skyline cup , super car ect.
i owned the previous grids , i should get something special in AS , no?
... also the black edition i got is pretty useless really , i mean i dont even get anything ... one car that i have to buy ? come on man .

otherwise , great game , much love from toronto !

Ah! . . I was a member of GRT (3rd place in leaderboard) until before I could settle in got told by the manager that I had to start contributing points, so left.

Am now a manager in [DRT], JustBigLee's Club, and can race without coming last all the time, or any other nonsense . . . it's all down to the mix and you guys are way too fast for me . . Oh, and Dave is a manager so it's a bit like old times, more tea  . .
~O)
As long you got it working its fine by me.  :D