DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

So far it's good. I like the handling, which feels like a sort of halfway house between GRID1 and F1 2013. I have two complaints/requests. Firstly, PLEASE let me adjust the dead zone and linearity on my Xbox 360 controller. Secondly there is some sort of bug (memory leak maybe) that causes the game to start freezing and unfreezing every other second after long gaming sessions. Restarting the game fixes it, but if you're halfway through a race you have to Alt+F4 and start over. Very annoying. Edited to add: the cockpit view is a bit naff, but better than nothing.

Bob422 said:
How do you get the [***] club letters to come up before my name online ?

I own 5 cars and they all have the club skin on . . .
~O)
They should appear in front of your name when you are driving a car you own. If it's a loaner, the club letters will not be there

Oh, I was in one of my cars . . .but no  club thingy, must be a, "now you see it, now you don't", kinda bug . . .cup of tea ?

~O)

Edit: just thought, I didn't have the club livery on when I was racing . .although it's a pity the club thingy isn't there all of the time, with loaners and cars owned . .
Got the same here, not showing club tag even when driving my own car with the club livery, also show up as offline on the race club in game although I am logged into Racenet in my browser?

Loggy said:
Goonertez said:
Loggy said:
Britpoint said:
If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)
I have tried bashing random keys on the kb to find # 6, # 17, etc but no luck so far, enter and back does enough to play the game but it would be good to see deeper through some menu's.
I'm at work atm so cant try but later Ill try every key on kb to see if there is some function.
Same here, cant find some button equivalents on the keyboard.

can someone from codemasters tell us what are all the keyboard equivalent keymappings are [even if theyre not re-mappable]

@Britpoint mebbbe?
I did find that f1 and f2 do somethings,  (choose livery) sometimes :), and Gooner i found an Ai sound setting thingy in the audio settings menu, I set it to 50% but have only been online since so didnt check the difference.
Yeah i got those functions down, but there are others that are just un-obtainable for me so far.

be nice if a Codies person would confirm either:

no, you cant get to these functions with keboard commands
or
yes they are on alt+F5 or something.

@loore
@Britpoint

can you guys let us know please?

I Hope you guys really fix the "controller settings not saving issue" (my MS wheel works in game but is not officially supported). I'm getting real fed up with reconfiguring the controls everytime I start up GAS. If I remap the keyboard settings to my wheel controls it works but IT STILL DOESN'T SAVE. I have to redo it every session. Hitting enter or this or that button at the title screen makes no difference whatsoever.

What's also beyond me why Codemasters choose NOT to apply the paint/livery/rims customisation options to single player (career or custom cup). Why only multiplayer Loore???
I play singleplayer and now it's like i'm being punished/penalized for that. I really hope you guys implement these options to single player also, in a future patch (shouldn't be that hard to do).

Not ashamed to admit they are used online.  They're essential when you have those that enjoy the first corner pile up.

I've got to congratulate and thank Codies for a (long overdue) return to solid physics form with grid: autosport (bad name choice by the way, I was looking at the advert for a week before i realized it was a new grid and not just the subtitle i never noticed to the first one).
I've only played the online mode and for about an hour and a half but already this is easily the best feeling circuit racer I've played on consoles.  Finally there is a game that reaches and improves upon (in regards to the driving feel anyway) the realistically satisfying simcade feel that TOCA 2 had.  While I've seen maybe a hint of an awkward quirk here or there (I was coming out of a corner and seemed to get a very 'canned' spin in a formula car on arc de triumph; shades of f12013s canned spins) overall the physics of the classes of the cars I've played feel satisfyingly nuanced, manage-ably challenging and have the basic reactions you'd expect for the most part.  They aren't as floaty and sling-shoty (in terms of left to right body roll and grip loss)  as they were in dirt 3 and I don't have to do a facepalm like in dirt 3 everytime I had to counter steer and hammer the accelerator to counter-intuitively get the car to straighten out. Its so nice to not have those glaring physics faults present which really kill the immersion and fun.  TOCA 3 had unrecoverable slides past a very low angle which killed the fun as well.  I tried GRID 1 and 2 and they both had an extremely shallow depth to the feel of the driving beyond stop/go.  The sensitivity range of the steering is fantastic and the feel to the braking (abs off) is a massive improvement over any console racer I've ever played.  The camera movement isn't overdone and also improves the immersion and fun factor.  Collisions don't paralyze your cars ability to recover like in dirt 3 and I haven't seen any ridiculous insta spins like in f1 2013. 

As for drawbacks the in car views are pathetic and the lack of arrows when a car is behind you but not to the side of you will ruin a hell of alot of otherwise great races with wrecks.  I also wish the racing line was 3D like in f1 2013 or maybe theres an option I missed. 

I haven't seen much of the game so I'd guess the amount of content present is the now standard 1/3 of a full game + 80 dollars in downloadable content you're lucky to find anyone else who has (or worse, some pay to win cars) which makes the game die 5 times as fast as a result.  I have to give it to codies for bringing back the most important aspect which is the realistic but fun, challenging but accessible racing that was last found in TOCA 2. 

RobertKNL said:
I love the fact that you can have unlimited flashbacks. I'm not ashamed to say that I use them quite often, and that is because of 3 reasons: 

1: in 10 minutes time, I can't learn a track/car on that track
2: The white line penalties are pretty stupid (I once crossed this line, got a penalty, flashed back, drove two centimeters closer to the track, no penalty :/ )
3: Sometimes, the screen freezes and two seconds later the game continous, when this happens in front of a corner, I always miss my braking point.

So, I'm pretty happy with the flashbacks in this game. Anybody else using them ?
yes I've been using them although I've set mine to limited to 5 as I'm not finding the game that hard but It's great fun nonetheless

the AI is brilliant just like in grid1, upto the time where they are in the exact same car but its faster than yours -happens in hard and very hard mode- very cheap and nasty, such a shame. and I'm talking about beating a computer opponent out of a corner and accelerating first yet the AI who's beside me and not drafting then out accelerates me.

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE working dashboards and mirrors are kind of essential for those of us that race in car, they don't just look nice..

edit: oh and AI drivers being removed from crashed/idle cars on track is a good idea but maybe leave a gap of say 10 seconds after the car has crashed:
I just saw a openwheel c class car overturn, a wheel came off at the start of the crash and the driver disappeared, the car then went on and flipped 3 times before stopping, it looked a bit odd.

and the sound of the engine in in-car view could do with being louder or have its own volume control possibly? I dont know if this effects everyone as I'm deaf and wear hearing aids, but the engine your own car is drowned out by surrounding cars when racing bumper to bumper in a pack, the problem with this is as I use manual gears I cannot hear my own engine over the others, this makes it real tricky knowing when to change gear.

also when looking around with in-car view the camera only looks forward, If you look left or right it changes to out of car view that's ok, but any amount of movement on the left/right stick and the view flicks fully right or left with no modulation, a small amount of left and right movement within the cockpit would be very useful to allow you to check if someone is beside you while keeping an eye on the road, especially as the 'car behind' arrow turns off once a car is alongside you making the entire left and right side giant blind spots, wing mirrors are normally the remedy to this problem.

Why the Subaru wrx-sti got the right headlight how can i say, it looks open while the left one is normal? And i noticed that also in grid 2 was the same

you see what's that?
Anyway I must report on xbox 360 that when i watch a replay sometimes for one second i see an horizontal line a bit higher than the middle of the screen like a little split of the screen and for the entire screen and it's very annoying!

This ridiculous cost for repairs has to be fixed.

I did one race way out the back without hitting anything and was charged 3,000 for repairs.
I do races where I race clean, get 8,000 prize money and 12,000 repairs . . .and this is over, and over, and over again.
Just been racing with the 2 [GWR] guys, and their reward for usually winning is unbelievable costs.

This isn't something to be thought about and fixed sometime down the line, the costs are waaaaaaaaay too high and need to be fixed NOW . . .1
~O)

RUD3Y said:
the AI is brilliant just like in grid1, upto the time where they are in the exact same car but its faster than yours -happens in hard and very hard mode- very cheap and nasty, such a shame. and I'm talking about beating a computer opponent out of a corner and accelerating first yet the AI who's beside me and not drafting then out accelerates me.
You sure they don't have upgrades?

I've been playing the game for about a week now and although I enjoy it on the whole it's not as good as I thought it might be. The things I'm most disappointed with are the 6/7 year old graphics especially the crude, blurred, blacked out mirrors from the cockpit view, this has absolutely no place in todays games especially in light of the new more powerful consoles, if the devs couldn't do a reasonably decent job they should've left that view out altogether. It's actually insulting
I'm also disappointed with a lot of the inane camera views in replay mode especially when you view from a camera close to the cars bodywork all you see is a pixelated mess of sponsors decals, again there's absolutely no excuse for this in this day and age.
The cars handling overall is not that great but seeing this is supposed to be a mixture of sim and arcade I can get around that but the cars still tend to float too much without much feel then switch abruptly from oversteer to understeer and visa versa.
I like aggressive AI and don't mind being nudged or jostled because I do the same but this is ridiculous, it's supposed to be a racetrack for heavens sake, not a battlefield and the AI driving their Abrams M1A2's cannot be nudged or bumped out of the way while purposely parking on your line but as soon as they cut across your bows... that's it. Codies try's to get around this by giving us replays but that's got real old real quick and it's about time that feature (if you can call it that) was consigned to the graveyard, I've never used it and never will, it's not part of racing and should never have been there in the first place.
What I do like is the selection of cars, tracks and disciplines apart from drifting which I don't construe as motorsport but rather showing off can also curl up and die as far as I'm concerned but I realise it is popular among a lot of people. I wouldn't mind in the least if Codies took a leaf out of EA's book and made it a DLC purchase then I wouldn't have to waste my time or money on it and Codies could've made a bit more money on the game.
Apart from that I quite like the game but I should've waited until it went on sale on Steam instead of buying it so soon.

Freeking ridiculous!!! So after the 50+ time trying the eliminator challenge, and failing, after achieving platinum in all the others, resulting in my putting my controller through the screen and taking an hour to calm down, this mode is shockingly bad! the AI so much as blows at you and you spin out. Crapiest thing i have ever played

And why cant i race with my custom livery?? Looks like im going to have to buy an xbox so i can go back to playing Grid 1 !! :(

GJ77 said:
RUD3Y said:
You sure they don't have upgrades?
not sure tbh, is there a way of checking?
its happening in single player same car cup races as well as normal single player races. But I would of thought the point of cup races is that all cars are equal, in real life that's the case anyway, god knows why anyone would do something to change that - they might as well have just added different cars instead (oh wait that would take effort) ;)

oh and to the person that said there's no rubber banding, sadly there is, just turn the difficulty up, and step hard on the gas mid corner to watch the car in front spin up his tyres a-la forza,  or make a break from the pack and watch ravenwest follow... always, or wait till you hear from the pits a ravenwest driver has crashed and see how long it takes him to get back behind you and into the top 3 or 4 (sadly the last one was also an annoyance in grid 1)

One of the in.game tips says you should sell and buy a new car when the current car gets too old.
If you do this and decides to buy a new one then its basically a huge slap in the face when you see you have to start on scratch.
Theres also a in-game tips telling you to sell cars if you run out of garage space.
If you do this and re-buys that car later on its the same slap in the face when its back to scratch...

Selling a car shouldnt reset level and tuning of said car.

I've been playing the game for about a week now and although I enjoy it on the whole it's not as good as I thought it might be. The things I'm most disappointed with are the 6/7 year old graphics especially the crude, blurred, blacked out mirrors from the cockpit view, this has absolutely no place in todays games especially in light of the new more powerful consoles, if the devs couldn't do a reasonably decent job they should've left that view out altogether. It's actually insulting
I'm also disappointed with a lot of the inane camera views in replay mode especially when you view from a camera close to the cars bodywork all you see is a pixelated mess of sponsors decals, again there's absolutely no excuse for this in this day and age.
The cars handling overall is not that great but seeing this is supposed to be a mixture of sim and arcade I can get around that but the cars still tend to float too much without much feel then switch abruptly from oversteer to understeer and visa versa.
I like aggressive AI and don't mind being nudged or jostled because I do the same but this is ridiculous, it's supposed to be a racetrack for heavens sake, not a battlefield and the AI driving their Abrams M1A2's cannot be nudged or bumped out of the way while purposely parking on your line but as soon as they cut across your bows... that's it. Codies try's to get around this by giving us replays but that's got real old real quick and it's about time that feature (if you can call it that) was consigned to the graveyard, I've never used it and never will, it's not part of racing and should never have been there in the first place.
What I do like is the selection of cars, tracks and disciplines apart from drifting which I don't construe as motorsport but rather showing off can also curl up and die as far as I'm concerned but I realise it is popular among a lot of people. I wouldn't mind in the least if Codies took a leaf out of EA's book and made it a DLC purchase then I wouldn't have to waste my time or money on it and Codies could've made a bit more money on the game.
Apart from that I quite like the game but I should've waited until it went on sale on Steam instead of buying it so soon.

I Absolutely agree with FIDELGASTRO, he is right and this is sadly the truth, the game is good but there are many things made really bad and the final quality of the product is not acceptable! The game looks already old and in my opinion it wasn't fair to charge the game on full price! Sorry to say that but it must be said!
 I bought the game on june 23rd and i was one of the first to answer in this thread yet talking about the overall quality of the game!!!
 P.S. i love TOURING CAR  PLEASE MAKE SOME DLC FOR TOURING CAR DISCIPLINE! 

some feedback more..

add A.I cars on/off in filters in custom games in online .. (most players put AI cars and there is mess as they are agressive many times..)

option to save custom colors about liveries , or at least numbers beside each bar of pallet (as you did with car's stats) .When you have to set same custom color in the 2nd part (or 3rd) of a specific livery its hard to make exactly same color if you have not these options)

Set in custom games 'race' as defualt mode and not the time attack! 

Let us have more custom cars (+50) .30 are not enough for me , i want more...

After last race (of an event  of 3 races for example) when we retun in lobby the final standings must be shown in base of player's points ... for example :

player 1: 30 points 
player 2: 20 points 
player 3: 10 points 

and not mixed like it is now for example:

player 2 :20 points 
player 3: 10 points 
player 1: 30 points

Text chat , spectating mode in lobby bla bla bla...  :)]

RUD3Y said:

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE working dashboards and mirrors are kind of essential for those of us that race in car, they don't just look nice..

edit: oh and AI drivers being removed from crashed/idle cars on track is a good idea but maybe leave a gap of say 10 seconds after the car has crashed:
I just saw a openwheel c class car overturn, a wheel came off at the start of the crash and the driver disappeared, the car then went on and flipped 3 times before stopping, it looked a bit odd.

and the sound of the engine in in-car view could do with being louder or have its own volume control possibly? I dont know if this effects everyone as I'm deaf and wear hearing aids, but the engine your own car is drowned out by surrounding cars when racing bumper to bumper in a pack, the problem with this is as I use manual gears I cannot hear my own engine over the others, this makes it real tricky knowing when to change gear.

also when looking around with in-car view the camera only looks forward, If you look left or right it changes to out of car view that's ok, but any amount of movement on the left/right stick and the view flicks fully right or left with no modulation, a small amount of left and right movement within the cockpit would be very useful to allow you to check if someone is beside you while keeping an eye on the road, especially as the 'car behind' arrow turns off once a car is alongside you making the entire left and right side giant blind spots, wing mirrors are normally the remedy to this problem.

I have to agree mate, the audio is a bit slack. I mostly race using wireless headphones (to drown out the kids), and the sound goes from ok, to muffled at regular intervals.

Go home EA employee, you're drunk.

Codemasters is crap for releasing Grid Autosport with so many bugs save file crashes game freezes and several others I backup regularly but to no avail codmasters if you still want my business do something to fix this or before you release a good game made crappy make sure you have it right I am sure i'm not the only one who feels this way

Codemasters is crap for releasing Grid Autosport with so many bugs save file crashes game freezes and several others I backup regularly but to no avail codmasters if you still want my business do something to fix this or before you release a good game made crappy make sure you have it right I am sure i'm not the only one who feels this way
the only reason to blame its game is not finished
bugs is not reason to blame
no one can do so big project withou bugs, it allways goes close to develope
but even not finished game return me back to 2008 :D

agree with this http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1457/autofix-damage-to-own-cars
and i want selfmade liveries wich work online so much T_T

Hi all, been a fan of codemaster games since I was a kid.. I'm 40 now. But I gotta say that being constantly overtaken in multiplayer at 300 kph by some dude with two blown tires just takes the sim outta simulator. And what happend to text chat option? Not everyone has a mic or speaks English for that matter. It would be nice to be able to communicate without mic. Sometimes we have to apologize for accidentally crashing into someone and without that option they might think it was on purpose and rightfully want revenge. What follows is a crashfest that totally ruins the experience.. Just a thought. Still love the game. Keep it up!

Great game love it nearly completed all of the street races need a new difficulty setting for street to easy. Even on the hardest difficulty I still seem to win all my races by about 5-10 seconds with no damage (damage is on full). Not tested the rest yet just love the streets :-)