Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

One of the in.game tips says you should sell and buy a new car when the current car gets too old.
If you do this and decides to buy a new one then its basically a huge slap in the face when you see you have to start on scratch.
Theres also a in-game tips telling you to sell cars if you run out of garage space.
If you do this and re-buys that car later on its the same slap in the face when its back to scratch...

Selling a car shouldnt reset level and tuning of said car.

I agree.
Not only are the costs of repairs way off of fair, if you buy a new car why should you lose all advancement like the upgrades earned.
Put these 2 together and lack of progress in the game makes the effort almost pointless . . .we keep getting our rewards for effort taken away.

Sure, charge something reasonable for repairs, but leave upgrades earned in place.
There should be a choice; sell car with upgrades for more money (if money is what you need), sell car for less if you want to hang on to your upgrades. . .
~O)

There are 5 more garage slots in the Season Pass, but should we have them now - because we haven't - or are they in the unlock queue ?
~O)

Wow my post dissapeared. What happened? post was perfectly respectable..

New to the forum. All positives with this game so far as a LONG time gran turismo fan (played every one but the original) I can honestly say you have won me over. Will never buy a gt game again. GAS has just about everything that I could no longer ignore was lacking in the gran turismo series. These include: -AI that actually have a life of their own and aren't just glued to a racing line on a rail the whole race. GAS AI will beat bang and divebomb all over the place. A HUGE plus is that you actually have to find the passing zones that work for you and can't just zigzag around every car. -Collisions are realistic to a degree (although instances of flying touring cars are a little immersion breaking albeit hilarious). If you drive like an a*s you will be punished with steering falling away. A racing game that rewards patience and clean overtaking is a breath of fresh air. The damage model is one of the better ones and a huge upgrade over gt where you can bounce off anything at any speed and come away with some paint scratches. -Having the ability to qualify is a massive plus. iMO chasing from last gets a bit old too quick and isn't all too realistic. -The car roster is very solid but not overwhelming. (I.E. in gt6 there were about 15 different 90s Mazda coupes which is bewildering and really unnecessary) - Career mode is engaging and the longer championships are absolutely thrilling miles above gran turismo. My ONE AND ONLY COMPLAINT (aside from some glitches already mentioned in the forums) is the lack of pitstops. I like to race longer races in the top series (full distance 20 laps) and one pitstop a race would be huge greatly contributing to the realism. All in all congratulations @loore you have won yourself a gran turismo convert keep up the good work! =D>

Car damage (wear and tear) after each race is ridiculously high, and unless you win all the time, you can use all your money on repairing you cars. A lot of people have probably been saying this, but I find it extremely annoying, as no car irl would be worn down after silly 5000 kilometers, at which point, in autosport, your car is going to cost you too much money even if you win. Why not set this to 50.000 kilometers instead? I know it's a lot, but it's just ridiculous you have to change your car out for a new one every 5000 kilometers :(

I really like the function to have your second screen display extra stats, show timing etc. However, in Online it only seems to use the same view as I'm having on the main screen. I'd like a option to have that camera act as a back mirror, so I can see what's going on behind me. Would make it a lot more useful! 

Easier to know what's happening behind me, and dodge out of the way for flying maniacs :-)

Hate to say I told you so but....

"You can bring a little logic to the tyre wear issue by manually increasing the length of your endurance races but that only serves to highlight Autosport’s most egregious sin: no pit stops. It’s a bizarre omission, and it’s one that quietly undermines a lot of what Autosport does right. Deciding whether pitting for fresh rubber during an enduro to salvage a race objective would’ve added an interesting layer of strategy; not being able to do so is nonsense, really.

"It also makes some of what Codemasters does with its damage modelling a waste of energy. For instance, what’s the point of programming in punctures when I know I can’t change that tyre? If I’m out of Flashbacks (or I’ve deactivated them) am I really going to run the rest of the race on my rim? Nope. I’m just going to quit and restart the event."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/24/grid-autosport-review

The A.I pace is much better this time around but you seriously NEED to tone down their aggression, take the latest party mode in the Lancia as an example, the A.I purposely slam into you when attempting to overtake them as if I'm playing a bunch of morons online.

Second to that they constantly pit manoeuvre you because they fly into the inside of the corners at full speed with the intention of using the players car to slow them down, WTF BS is that! I literally had to restart one of the Brands Hatch endurance races 20+ times after having been spun out or rammed off by the A.I. They don't just do it to the player either, sometimes they do it to one another as well  and is the exact opposite of what happens in real racing but perhaps you are trying to promote this kind of stupidity online?! 

Great game. However, a few niggles spoiling it. 1) No mirrors. Who thought this was a good idea??! If I'm going to get rear ended in every online race I'd like to know who it is so I can thank them personally. 2) Online lobbies. Full of inconsiderate no hopers who find it acceptable to enter the first corner of every race with the throttle fully open. A problem also prevalent in a rival products online lobbies (Xbox 360 starts with F). Once that exclamation mark goes red, guilty parties should be assigned to a sin bin for one race. There is no fun to be had whatsoever from limping around Bathurst for three laps with broken steering because some loon has just T-boned you at 140mph in a first gear corner. 3) No option to exit online lobby until after the track selection is done. 4) Reverse track layouts. No thanks, terrible idea. Why oh why would any sane person want to go through Eau Rouge the wrong way? 5) No Donington. Best short circuit in the world (but then again I'm terribly biased). Now, the good bits: 1) The AI is awesome. Makes for great racing. Superb feeling locked in battle in the tourers around Brands! 2) Sense of speed is spot on. 3) Love how the exhaust note and enviro sounds get louder once the glass has been smashed out. Nice touch that! 4) Classic Minis are worth the asking price alone. 5) Lack of Silverstone. Well done for not jumping on that bandwagon and choosing Brands instead!! 6) lovely clean interface not spoilt by "Dudebro" cliches. Actually looks like a Motorsport magazine. 7) Track detail is brilliant. Love the TV helicopter and 3D crowds / marshalls. All in all, superb. A much better racing experience than the "Flagship 360 race title" in my opinion.

kimdurose said:
4) Classic Minis are worth the asking price alone
If you love classic Minis you should try and pick up an old copy of Race Pro. Nobody plays it online any more sadly, but the AI is fairly good and the Classic Minis are even better in that.

After playing single player mode for over 100 races with the difficulty set to hard, all aids turned off, and in car view only, I have noticed a couple of things with the AI that could definitely do with tweaking:
For starters the AI shouldn't swing from one side of the track to the other to block- almost all race series in the world governed by thr FIA if not all there are very strict rules on weaving, you are allowed to move once to block on any given occasion and that's it, the only time you can weave from one side of the track to the other is if you are regaining the racing line after leaving it to block, although if your not on the racing line when you weave you can only join the racing line and not cutback again across the track.

Another globally acknowledged rule is that you may not squeeze an opponent off the track, but the AI does this all the time i.e: I'm trying to pass a AI car on a straight and we are side by side and I'm less than a bonnet length from being level to it, suddenly the AI steers towards the edge of the track not stopping until he has reached the verge and shoved me completely off the road, even your own team mate does this to you.

Also when racing online the AI aggression level seems to be much more than in single player, on many occasions I've been driven into by AI as if my car did not exist on the track, they go straight into the back of you and that's not the end of it, they never seem to even notice they've collided and ram you over and over, what then happens is you get pinned into a wall by the AI who still continues to ignore you and carries on accelerating into the side of your vehicle and trapping you against a barrier. I've quit out of more than a few online races when this has happened, its bad enough being rammed off the track intentionally by idiots, but to be done over by AI is infuriating. 

When the AI is blocking it can see you absolutely fine, so why am I invisible to the AI when I try to block it?

In single player the tuner discipline makes little sense in the way its set out, I love drifting, so why on earth on a game that's advertised as letting you choose your career path making me do races with big american muscle cars!
When I want to drift I don't want jdm races or time attacks or especially muscle cars, and to top it off the std race season for the tuner discipline is this: 6x muscle/jdm car races  and 1x drift 1or2x time attack and probably a classic muscle race as well, and then because of three race types you only have 2 sponsor challenges a event, making ranking up the tuner category the slowest to progress in!

about replays: a simple rule to go by is when you reach a corner you want to see a pulled out shot that lets you see where you broke and the other cars around that you might be passing, what you don't want to see is the drivers helmet, or a quarter view of the rear/front wheel, or a view of the boot, or the bonnet, and please don't include player views for replays like dash/bonnet/3rd-person, the reason I watch replays is so I can see the action from a different angle. static cams and wire cams catch the action best, hence why they're predominantly used to show motorsport on tv.

when selecting to play in hard or very hard it would be nice if the skill of opponents actually went up rather than their ability to out accelerate and have a higher top speed, leaving/catching you on every straight even if you beat them out of the corner and get on the throttle before them, meaning you only ever catch up on corner entry, especially as medium poses me little challenge as the cars then seem to be slower than mine, it would be nice to race a AI opponent of a similar skill level as myself not AI that's just programmed to go faster no matter what. this is nothing to do with upgrades as even your team mate has these abilities and leaves you on the straights.

teams offering different levels of tuning seems pointless as far as I can tell, if a player doesn't like/want tuning he simply does not go into the tuning options you don't need to limit tuning abilities!
razer racing has the lamest livery I have ever seen, a combination of a logo that's basicly a rip off from the isle of man flag with snakes replacing the legs and the colour scheme of monster energy drinks livery. but of course if I want to tune my car in the first half of the game I have to pick team razer and be the ugliest car on the grid,

please please please bring back owning your own team in the single player, not including it made very little sense as it was one of the best original features in grid 1! and not done in any other racing game making it a unique part of the game.

quite a big problem with the driver view in nearly all cars is that you cant see the far side of the windscreen, this causes a problem when trying to take corners as it is very hard to tell where the far side wheel is and you often run over the white lines because of this, the near side is fine.

it would be a nice touch if you were able to control the headlights so you could flash or put then on when your on a charge same as many touring car drivers do in real life.

how about when a AI car knocks you over a white line there is no penalty? kinda sucks being muscled off the track let alone having your race ruined because of it, tbh the whole white line penalty idea seems to be implemented quite badly, as AI don't seem to ever get penalties- just followed a car through 4 corners he crossed the white line on 2 of the corners with penalties. 

Couple of minor patch tweaks/improvements I can think of for single player. 

1. After coming out 'practice', make the default selection rest on 'qualify' and not 'race.  A number of times now I've been caught out and jumped straight to 'race' without setting my quali grid position (doh). 

2. During a career race, have an option to 'quit without without saving'...sometimes real life interrupts play time, and we don't want to score a 'dnf' during a race season.

I have been playing the game since release and have recently started my own club,
GB Touring Cars.
I Have 2 questions that may have already been asked and answered ( I haven't read all posts)
1 Why can I not invite players to join my club in game, or them join in game.
2 What's the point of creating a club badge if I cannot add it to my racing club livery.

Please fix the replays. They flip every 3 seconds from normal camera view (like watching a race on television) to quarter panel chase and lead cameras (these block most of the view with static boring pictures of your car body).

I was hoping you would fix it from the terrible Grid 2 camera which spend 1/2 the time looking up at stupid sky scrapers but now it still quickly cuts like a Michael Bay movie.

All I want is normal tv camera view so I can see my car and the cars immediately behind and in front of it. That is where the action is. Not looking through the window at the driver or staring at 1/2 a screen of quarter panel (and I use 3 monitors). Oh and also the ability to pan around your car then you can set up your own chase or lead camera if that is where the pass or crash happened. Other games do this, surely it isn't that hard.

You have programmed beautiful game but the replay camera does not do it justice.

If you want a tip just look at Dirt 2. The replays are beautiful. I watch every race and the action is never missed I just rewind , slow mo and pivot the camera at the action.

Would have really liked the ability to have separate careers going on at the same time in each of the 5 disciplines. So I have a career in Street another in Touring etc running concurrently but each separate from each other. At the moment I'm in the middle of a 10 event Street championship but I can't start a new career in any of the other disciplines without losing all my progress in my current Street championship. I can't see any technical issues as to why this can't be done as it's just some data that needs saving for each discipline? It would need a change to the home menu. When you select Resume Career it would then display the current careers you have, one per discipline, and the player could then choose which one they want to resume. Selecting New Career in the home menu would give you a choice of 5 and if you select a discipline that you already have a saved career in, then you would be prompted with the warning message about resetting that careers progress and starting a new one. Hopefully you can patch this in later as it's only natural that players want to switch between different disciplines without having to lose all their progress in their current career discipline.

1. After coming out 'practice', make the default selection rest on 'qualify' and not 'race.  A number of times now I've been caught out and jumped straight to 'race' without setting my quali grid position (doh). 

2. During a career race, have an option to 'quit without without saving'...sometimes real life interrupts play time, and we don't want to score a 'dnf' during a race season.
Alt+F4 is your friend in those situations, shuts down the game entirely in about 2s letting you get out immediately and resume later without it saving.

So what about the online money bullsh*t? Did you forget about it or is it planned for a patch in the far far future?
It's not only annoying, it's totally ruining the game by now. Why should I come online and therefore why should I play the game at all? No matter what I do, I WILL use all the money I've got.
I'm down to 77% now with a single race without incident (and I just reached lvl50 for the car). That's roughly $22000 in repairs!!!!!!! There is no single reality in this game, where I could earn that much money in a race to at least even out!
Maybe with level 9000, big sponsors and whatnot... but how should I achieve that if I'd be broke within the next 20-30 races?

Next...
The challenge leaderboard is totally broken. If I switch to global I'm listed on Position 21, with the board ranging from 1 to only 40. I just improved my time by several seconds and already wondered, if I'd be on 1 now, but NO, '21st' again with new people around me. In fact I don't even know what time to beat. It's probably improving as long as I don't end up in 21st but better so I know I've reached the top.
The only indicator is knowing I'm now in top 15% from formerly top 30%. 

Last thing that's annoying...
PLEASE add a practice mode! I don't want to click through endless menus in the costum cup, that ALWAYS reset to defaults to add 20mins of practice, just to learn a track. That is annoying as hell! Additionally, if I do a lap, return to the menu to change the setup and go back in practice, my former time is gone. I have to memorize the time I've done but don't get sector times anyway. How to improve setup if I can't check that stuff?

So please, add a practice mode AND add the possibility, to chance setup there on the fly, without returning to menu, waiting through the annoying camera angles showing nonsense to waste my time.

and the last annoying thing for the evening...
online lobby...
If I leave a session, I'm out of everything. Just put me back to the menu I previously was in! But no! I have to klick through 3 menus that don't save my settings to get to the damn lobby just to finally see, what's happening.

Sorry for the rough words, but a.t.m. online mode is simply annoying to me. It is a game, it should make fun to play, shouldn't be complicated to simply manage/enter a game.

Alt+F4 is your friend in those situations, shuts down the game entirely in about 2s letting you get out immediately and resume later without it saving.
That's what I've been doing as a stop gap, but its a last resort.

Three things I would like to see on the PS3:

- replays that allow you to change drivers so you can see from another perspective.

- I find some of the Endurance cars borderline undrivable (this includes qualifying).  They feel so light and have so little traction.  I would have thought you would have good grip at the beginning of an Endurance race which slowly got worse but it seems the tires are rubbish from the very start.  I'm actually putting downforce on full just to help stop the cars skimming off the track at corners.  I concede I could be rubbish but I don't have this problem in street racing or touring car...makes Endurance racing my least favourite event.

- I really wish there was a team owning mode like the original Grid (or even an offline version of the Autosport online game).  That role playing side really adds to the life of the game and makes the player more invested overall.  Please bring back team ownership, car buying and co-driver firing/hiring.

Apart from that I'm loving the game especially the AI...so refreshing to have AI that can get it wrong and is not on rails...rivals like GT6 should look at this as the AI in their games is terribly dull and outdated now.

Photonik said:
So what about the online money bullsh*t? Did you forget about it or is it planned for a patch in the far far future?
It's not only annoying, it's totally ruining the game by now. Why should I come online and therefore why should I play the game at all? No matter what I do, I WILL use all the money I've got.
I'm down to 77% now with a single race without incident (and I just reached lvl50 for the car). That's roughly $22000 in repairs!!!!!!! There is no single reality in this game, where I could earn that much money in a race to at least even out!
Maybe with level 9000, big sponsors and whatnot... but how should I achieve that if I'd be broke within the next 20-30 races?

Next...
The challenge leaderboard is totally broken. If I switch to global I'm listed on Position 21, with the board ranging from 1 to only 40. I just improved my time by several seconds and already wondered, if I'd be on 1 now, but NO, '21st' again with new people around me. In fact I don't even know what time to beat. It's probably improving as long as I don't end up in 21st but better so I know I've reached the top.
The only indicator is knowing I'm now in top 15% from formerly top 30%. 

Last thing that's annoying...
PLEASE add a practice mode! I don't want to click through endless menus in the costum cup, that ALWAYS reset to defaults to add 20mins of practice, just to learn a track. That is annoying as hell! Additionally, if I do a lap, return to the menu to change the setup and go back in practice, my former time is gone. I have to memorize the time I've done but don't get sector times anyway. How to improve setup if I can't check that stuff?

So please, add a practice mode AND add the possibility, to chance setup there on the fly, without returning to menu, waiting through the annoying camera angles showing nonsense to waste my time.

and the last annoying thing for the evening...
online lobby...
If I leave a session, I'm out of everything. Just put me back to the menu I previously was in! But no! I have to klick through 3 menus that don't save my settings to get to the damn lobby just to finally see, what's happening.

Sorry for the rough words, but a.t.m. online mode is simply annoying to me. It is a game, it should make fun to play, shouldn't be complicated to simply manage/enter a game.

The money issue for repairing cars needs to be sorted ASAP. There is absolutely no point buying a car when you can't afford to repair it for each race let alone save for any more cars. If the prices aren't changed you may as well forget about the option to buy cars.

As for the leader-boards, there seems to be an option missing (on 360 anyway). What you say is correct, when you change from 'friends' to 'global' it only shows the 20 above you and the 20 below you, no option to see the top times. There should be 'friends', 'near me' (which is what global is showing) and 'global' to show the top times. The only way to see the top times is to look at 'global' before you set your own time, then you see the overall top time, but once you race and set your time you can't see it again.

Not sure what else is in this thread, but overall the game is great and has actually got me off Grid 1 (for now at least anyway). Only found a few minor niggles apart from above which are:
At the end of a multi player custom championship, the final results leader-board is only shown once back in the lobby, but the order of results is totally mixed up, so the winner will be half way down the page. Please show final standings (in order) before going back to the lobby.

Option for host to kick players between championship races (we reduce the number of races in case an idiot joins, let us kick them out between races!)

And not sure who came up with grey writing on grey background! It may be fine on some monitors/TV's, but my 5 year old plasma just doesn't handle it too well. Please at least have sensible colour choices.

In Dirt 2 that invited a possible corrupt saves file . . .
~O)

I hope Loore likes this thread as much as I do.

Virtually every post is well thought out, sensible, and of great value . . . CM has a goldmine here of useable information to create a better game . . .
~O)

In Dirt 2 that invited a possible corrupt saves file . . .
~O)
I'm betting that was purely down to GFWL and it's online save system, 99% of corrupt save issues I've seen on PC in the last couple of years have been purely down to cloud save systems which is why I've turned them all off and so far haven't had a single issue. As they always say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm probably not going to say anything that hasn't already been said but I like to get my tuppence in now and again.

-  Car handling (which is the major deciding factor for whether I choose to stick with a game or not).
-  Menus.  Not perfect but much improved on Grid 2 and really pleased we can now see what track it is while picking cars etc.  That said I would like an option to return to the paddock from the middle of a racenet challenge event in order to retune the car, instead of having to quit out and go through the relevant menu options again.  Would also like the ability to repair the car in one go instead of having to do it three times.

Dislikes:

-  Championship points based grid order for reasons I've explained in other threads
-  Repair bills v Winnings (both in playlists and custom cups).  I know CM are looking at this so won't go on about it lol.
-  Racenet challenge leaderboards - unless you're in the top 20 or so you can't see what position you're in from the in game leaderboards and you can't see who is in 1st place.  You just show as being 21st all the time with the person 20 places infront of you showing as 1st.
-  Lack of track variety in online playlists.  It seems each car only has around 2-4 tracks available to it.  I'm already getting fed up with driving the classic mini around Brands Hatch Indy circuit and the ute on Panorama.
-  Having to re-level up cars that you've owned, sold and then bought again despite reading on here that we wouldn't have to do this.
-  Corrupt game save issue... again !
-  The tuning set ups seem to change on their own.  Are the tunes saved to the car? or does it work so if you change a set up on one car it automatically puts that set up on the other cars?
-  The truly awful piano music on the initial "Load Saved Data screen".  It sounds like funeral music for my corrupted dead game save lol :D

All in all I think it could be a great game if some of the issues I've mentioned above could be resolved.