Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

I hope Loore likes this thread as much as I do.

Virtually every post is well thought out, sensible, and of great value . . . CM has a goldmine here of useable information to create a better game . . .
~O)
I think the majority of the threads do but there are 1 or 2 you could say moany threads which don't really offer anything. I think there is always going to be 1 or 2 of those anyway because this or that feature was left out  or whatever and asking why. Some people don't realise thqat when you schedule something like putting together a new game you can't include everything.

Some multiplayer stuff :

- if someone becomes a ghost (mainly after corner cutting), if another player happens to be "inside" this ghost when it becomes material, his car will be heavily damaged or wrecked : it ruins his race while he was purely innocent. If a ghost could stay immaterial for several seconds if another car is in close proximity to him, it would prevent some injustified crashes.

- for clubs, it would be great for each member to have his own number, instead of using the same one for everyone. Do you find it normal in a race to have 12 n°28 for example ? xD

- I have some issues with fine-tuning packs (for example with the C63 AMG and the Panspeed RX7). It seems that these won't save after I buy them, and I have to buy them each time I restart the game, and this means money wasted. I'd like to know if a fix for this is planned.

- Speaking of money : while I know what stuff can be expensive, the incomes are too low. It would be a great idea to either reduce prices for repairs and upgrades, or to increase payouts at the end of each race, as well as increasing sponsors' money bonuses. This would be more realistic (as sponsors are the main sources of money in motor sports), and it would give them some real purpose : earning 1k for doing something quite long (ie having 12x the best lap) is near pointless.

----

For solo playing, this is great, not much to say. =)
Just for fun, being able to have his own custom livery to use in soloplayer custom cups. Some people might want to know how each car would look with a particular livery (for club racing, for example). This would be an opportunity for them to preview their stuff on every car in the game. And by the way, it would mean that entitled solo players would still have the opportunity to drive from time to time a car with their own colors.

Myenia said:
- for clubs, it would be great for each member to have his own number, instead of using the same one for everyone. Do you find it normal in a race to have 12 n°28 for example ? xD

Not only the car number - it would be useful to be able to modify sponsors too to suit the events you enter for the team.

(When) are lapped drivers ghosted?

I recently did an online race over 9 laps, AI was turned on (medium I think). I led the race by far and on lap 6 or 7 I started lapping the backrunners. When I got near them, they were NOT ghosted so I really feared for a sure victory. Only AFTER I passed them I've seen when looking back, that they were ghosted. Luckily it was only the AI I had to overtake, so they generously got out of my way.

I don't think, 'real' people would do that, especially those way behind, probably with a mediocre impact rating. Isn't there any way to ghost the 'soon to be lapped' when I approach them? 
I remember this from GRID. Some idiots racing backwards... they were not yet lapped and managed to actually hit the leading car. Only after one passed him he was ghosted.

It's not a pressing problem, as I hardly do such long races, but still something to look into.

Lapped drivers don't ghost until after first place laps them. generally this -does- give them the opportunity to be complete tools to whoever's in first place but except for SHEZZAN (who's a tool anyway) everyone I've had to lap has been complacent enough to simply get out of the way.

I do second the idea of Club cars having their own numbers. I was thoroughly disappointed to find out I couldn't change it to my own number in-game (#35). This is something I assumed it would do automatically, even if it was a random number assigned via RaceNet itself, but no, everyone in the club has the same number and it's a bit unnecessary.

It would be nice to clear up this selling and re-buying of the same car.

Presently, if you sell a levelled up car and buy the same car again you have to start from scratch.

It has been said that you shouldn't have to do this, that the new car will come with all levels of the one sold.

Which is correct ?
~O)

Lapped drivers don't ghost until after first place laps them. generally this -does- give them the opportunity to be complete tools to whoever's in first place but except for SHEZZAN (who's a tool anyway) everyone I've had to lap has been complacent enough to simply get out of the way.

I do second the idea of Club cars having their own numbers. I was thoroughly disappointed to find out I couldn't change it to my own number in-game (#35). This is something I assumed it would do automatically, even if it was a random number assigned via RaceNet itself, but no, everyone in the club has the same number and it's a bit unnecessary.
same here when lapping the AI backmarkers they do usually just get out of the way and let you get on with it. I found that a little stranfge a tfirst given the F1 AI never did that seems to do everything it can to block you half the time.

Presently, if you sell a levelled up car and buy the same car again you have to start from scratch.

It has been said that you shouldn't have to do this, that the new car will come with all levels of the one sold.

Which is correct ?
~O)
i have had to start from scratch on 2 of my cars

Something is up with the racenet challenges, I've completed them all with a platinum but only the endurance event gave me the platinum cash/xp bonus, the party mode one didn't give me anything at all, just went straight back to the challenges page!

So now I'm down on XP for those events which is rather annoying but I'm guessing nothing can be done to retroactively add it now. There is also a questionable person on the leaderboards massively faster than everyone else, now perhaps the upgrades make a big difference but given they have only played for 24hrs I would question how they possibly bought and levelled up that many cars to 50 to unlock the upgrades. Now perhaps I missed something and using cheat engine et al. is ok if you are only doing it to unlock everything but I'm pretty sure it's not.

Thanks again codemasters i am so mad third freaking damn corrupt save game i will never ever ever preorder any of your games again grid autosport belongs on the $1.99 shelf at the dollar store u big companies should take better pride in your work instead of releasing games so fast just to get your 50 dollars biggest waste of money in a long time for me i don't care u have a patch coming out by the i'll believe it when my save game is fixed when the patch releases what a bad joke and ps your ps3 release sucks great game to bad it is a big pile of programing crap

Thanks again codemasters i am so mad third freaking damn corrupt save game i will never ever ever preorder any of your games again grid autosport belongs on the $1.99 shelf at the dollar store u big companies should take better pride in your work instead of releasing games so fast just to get your 50 dollars biggest waste of money in a long time for me i don't care u have a patch coming out by the i'll believe it when my save game is fixed when the patch releases what a bad joke and ps your ps3 release sucks great game to bad it is a big pile of programing crap
Awesome! You managed to write five lines without a single stop or comma. How do you expect anyone to read that and take it serious? To cite you... 'this is a big pile of written crap' :D
To your problem... did you disable steam cloud for the game? that is supposed to help... so far I still have the same save, nothing's corrupt.
Thanks for clarifying that. It's probably the easiest way to code, still it's not a very desireable solution. Bad timing and the 2nd has a big advantage while the 1st might get hit or simply held up. But ok, very rare occasion, so who cares... ^^

Photonik said:
Awesome! You managed to write five lines without a single stop or comma. How do you expect anyone to read that and take it serious? To cite you... 'this is a big pile of written crap' :D
To your problem... did you disable steam cloud for the game? that is supposed to help... so far I still have the same save, nothing's corrupt.
Thanks for clarifying that. It's probably the easiest way to code, still it's not a very desireable solution. Bad timing and the 2nd has a big advantage while the 1st might get hit or simply held up. But ok, very rare occasion, so who cares... ^^
it sys there he's on PS3 so he wouldn't be using Steam. Steam only applies to PC users.

it sys there he's on PS3 so he wouldn't be using Steam. Steam only applies to PC users.
That wasn't clear for me. He just bumped words one after another. He said for $50... and honestly, until I saw it just now I didn't expect a console game being so cheap (in germany it's 60€! for PS3, that's 162%!!!), so I assumed he was playing on PC and simply mentioned, that he doesn't like the PS3-Version either. :D

Photonik said:
That wasn't clear for me. He just bumped words one after another. He said for $50... and honestly, until I saw it just now I didn't expect a console game being so cheap (in germany it's 60€! for PS3, that's 162%!!!), so I assumed he was playing on PC and simply mentioned, that he doesn't like the PS3-Version either. :D
well it says Ps3 in the post so I assume he's talkimg about the PS3 and PS3 doesn't use steam it uses the PSN network when online as far as I know. I didn't see any mention of PC

Which is correct ?
~O)
I'll second that. I'd really hate to lose lots of time and effort put into a car just because the game arbitrarily causes it to become crap. I can understand the damage factor (repairs are already there) but causing it to just become a waste of money over time, it's not really accurate or even useful in the sense of the game GRID AS is trying to be.

I've been playing this game as a single player for a while now and is really enjoying it. After some tweaking to adjust force feedback, the game play is excellent balance of simulation and racing with AI is for sure challenging and improved as marketed. Even the blurry cockpit does not bother me at all. The cockpit camera angle overall adds to the atmosphere of being in a car.

Positive remarks from me to developers for creating a wonderful game. :-bd

Please add LAN support as a patch/DLC if possible so we keep enjoying this even when servers are turned off.

langoorji said:
Please add LAN support as a patch/DLC if possible so we keep enjoying this even when servers are turned off.

yaya, ofc.

just buy it and forget about tunngle(or whatever), lol

Sorry about this big monolith chunk of text, the forum dont seem to like my iPad and drop spaces and line jumps... :( Yesterday night I started a 5 race championchip with friends and some bots. All was great and pointage were well display BUT the most important one, the LAST ! When it came time to see final results of the hole 5 races, we got a partial score board of only the human racers, no more bots results, guys that left had scores removed from screens and it was not in order... It was shown only as a reference of point made by guys playing for the Next race to start, becaut it cycle another 5 races right away. There should be a full scoreboard of the 5 races, with an options to screen capture it for shooting score on facebook or just save it on concole or PC, then a switch to next races... Having scoreboards automaticaly done in game is a must for events organizers like me, but if final result is useless it destroy the concept. It need a little tweek to be absolutly perfect. :) Make my day guys, fix it ! :) Zalex on PSN ZalexQc on codemaster Pres of RS Motor Club

Which is correct ?
~O)
Your levels reset but you should have the upgrades already unlocked (you'll still need to apply them).

I just won my first Cup Event in career mode (finally, playing on very hard). But the achievement didn't unlock. It was a Mini Cup Event in Touring. 

Besides this the progress from achievements doesn't seem to update either. Online levels are all on 1 (or 5 for the combined achievement).

Edit: Steam btw.

Loore said:

Which is correct ?
~O)
Your levels reset but you should have the upgrades already unlocked (you'll still need to apply them).
This is not the case @Loore for me, i have unlocked everything for the ST Focus Touring car and yet my new purchase will not allow me to add my upgrades or vehicle tuning,

Even if this was the case can we clarify if it is the high mileage/car level/tuning or upgrades that starts the repair costs to spiral out of control....maybe they all have a part to play???

:-bd

Hey Loore what about you make a harcore all disciplines playlist (no flashbacks , full damage , full colision etc)?? @-)  . Many players dont use brakes because of the 5 flashbacks...especially first corner in any race with many players in lobby is a mess.. Its better also to make default flahsbacks 0 , in custom cups... L-)

Loore said:
This is weird, I've sold my Panspeed RX7 (all upgrades acquired, bought, applied), bought another one, and I had nothing unlocked on it at all.

This game is dying! !!!! £40 an I cant go an record my best times!!!!!!! Theres no heart 2 the game forza is built around time trials! !!!!! Why is there no racenet challenges built into the game instead ov just weekly ones????? Damage in all the online hoppers is killing that aswell not a single open wheel lobby to play :/

what does it die , GAS?? Only thing that is dying  is the career of kubica after his accident that seems to be your favorite driver ...ahahaha =))