Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

CM has a goldmine here of useable information to create a better game . . .

I wait more than 6 years for an option to save replays in CM games lol.

B2Topic:

Overall a great game. Feels really good with wheel for that kind of game. Doesnt have the grip and road feeling in the ffb like a racing sim but its ok it isnt a sim.
And very thanks for the option to set or disable the camera shake. Also the 2 onboard views are great and in the right position/fov for me.

Things i miss:

Possibillity to save replays
Possibillity to use a gamepad beside the wheel for the menu
Possibillity to save and load my own control settings. It really sucks to rebind the keys again every time after using a gamepad.  

Only thing i dont like is the AI. But i hope the devs looking into it and fix the aggression and stuff soon. 

It's a highly enjoyable game in many areas, but one thing that I would really love to see is the ability to use a custom livery throughout the whole game - not just online.

888197 said:
It's a highly enjoyable game in many areas, but one thing that I would really love to see is the ability to use a custom livery throughout the whole game - not just online.
I'd like that too, I miss the ability to Own and run my own Team, and hire my Teammate. Why did they get rid of that?

I've been playing this game a lot, it's very enjoyable! Probably the best racing on console. However, there's a big problem with the AI in endurance events. I did a test: I tried three categories on the same track, Hockenheimring Short. First I did racing in the Open Wheel category. It was tough, the AI was fast and consistent. Afterwards I did a race in the Touring category. This was one of the hardest races I've ever done. I struggled to finish 4th. And then I did a race in the Endurance category. And guess what, I blitzed the field by lapping a second faster than even the Ravenwest guys... Please, CM, fix the AI pace in Endurance events. 

Another thing I'd love to see is pit stops. That'd add a lot of strategy in racing.

Loore, good buddy, I don't want to belabour a point but I'd hate to see EA, an AMERICAN company, steal a march on CODEMASTERS, an ENGLISH company, by including the Flag of St Pirran in their games first.

Not wishing to be sarcastic but there is a clue floating around, UNITEDkingdom, meaning four different countries making one whole . . . St Pirran is missing from your flags so you are not representing the UNITEDkingdom . . . 
~O)

Loore, good buddy, I don't want to belabour a point but I'd hate to see EA, an AMERICAN company, steal a march on CODEMASTERS, an ENGLISH company, by including the Flag of St Pirran in their games first.

Not wishing to be sarcastic but there is a clue floating around, UNITEDkingdom, meaning four different countries making one whole . . . St Pirran is missing from your flags so you are not representing the UNITEDkingdom . . . 
~O)
We've no plans to update the roster of flags at this time, for future titles I'll be sure to express your desire for Cornwall to be represented.

Loore said:

~O)
We've no plans to update the roster of flags at this time, for future titles I'll be sure to express your desire for Cornwall to be represented.
This is a golden opportunity for some much needed PR . .are you sure you want to miss it ?

On another note, can you afford a possible class action over downright predjudice ? . .I've heard rumblings in the hillsides, and a rattling of pitchforks, but I'm only the spokesperson, if you get my drift . . .  

In case you missed the power of the award, this is Prince Charles' Duchy, and the minority status has been something very close to the PM's heart . .not least because he enjoys holidaying here . . .but if CM feel they can afford to stick two fingers up at them who am I to argue ?
With all the letters I have written associated with our status one more to Downing street would be interesting to say the least . . sure to raise a chuckle, maybe even some publicity ?
~O)

This is a golden opportunity for some much needed PR . .are you sure you want to miss it ?

On another note, can you afford a possible class action over downright predjudice ? . .I've heard rumblings in the hillsides, and a rattling of pitchforks, but I'm only the spokesperson, if you get my drift . . .  

To arms! To arms! ... They don't have the missouri flag included in the game! Its the United STATES codies, you redcoated jackalopes! 

I hope you are joking around about suing and writing your congressman.  Otherwise the fact that codemasters responds to its forums has obviously made you mad with videogame nitpicking power.. 

That'd be cool if you could make your own flag but obviously thered be alot of inappropriate stuff. 

Nice to know @loore answer some stupid question about a flag but avoids all questions about its flagging game!!!!!!! Dday???? show some respect an fly your union jack for the people who fought to keep your little country free!!!!!!

KurtG85 said:

To arms! To arms! ... They don't have the missouri flag included in the game! Its the United STATES codies, you redcoated jackalopes! 

I hope you are joking around about suing and writing your congressman.  Otherwise the fact that codemasters responds to its forums has obviously made you mad with videogame nitpicking power.. 

That'd be cool if you could make your own flag but obviously thered be alot of inappropriate stuff. 
I'm deathly serious, as we speak my countrymen are leaving their frustrated sheep on the hillsides and joining the march on Codemasters HQ . . .Oh!  . .and if you must pick your nits do it elswhere, there's a good chap . .

BTW, the Welsh don't have the monopoly on Sheep and Welly boots, in Cornwall we know a bit about me and ewe, if you get my drift ?
I know, I know, next your going to ask me what the Welly boots are for ?
~O)

Why can't I use my bought car for Party mode in RaceNet, WHY?? 

Well I've been playing this game on and off for almost two weeks now and I've grown accustomed to it even the over aggressive AI. It certainly looks a lot better after downloading the hi res texture pack and there are a lot of elements I enjoy about the game and a lot which still irritate me no end. Of all the disciplines I find touring cars the most enjoyable and drifting the least. I wish I could progress through my career without having to touch it, it is a complete waste of time and effort. I play on a PC on medium difficulty with all driver assists off except ABS and use cockpit view (which still looks a ghastly mess I might add) and I've found the endurance cars a real handful if you use a wheel, I tried using one of those silly console controllers and the car is much easier to control but when you have a G27 steering wheel it kinda defeats the purpose of having one.
There are a lots of things Codies got right with this game (like the touring and street racing) but there are also some very questionable decisions like the inclusion of the relentlessly boring, fiddly, time wasting drifting discipline and the clumsy American Muscle Car handling.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it but still feel I should've waited for the Steam sale before dropping the dosh on it.

MLT24 said:
Why can't I use my bought car for Party mode in RaceNet, WHY?? 
Also why am I not getting money or xp for it?
This is the second week I dont get money or xp.

I'm deathly serious, as we speak my countrymen are leaving their frustrated sheep on the hillsides and joining the march on Codemasters HQ . . .Oh!  . .and if you must pick your nits do it elswhere, there's a good chap . .

BTW, the Welsh don't have the monopoly on Sheep and Welly boots, in Cornwall we know a bit about me and ewe, if you get my drift ?
I know, I know, next your going to ask me what the Welly boots are for ?
~O)
hahaha ok. 
Much love for the welsh as my surname originates from there. 

Mostly enjoying the game so far, sometimes the AI is far too brutal / idiotic and I've lost count of the number of times I've been doing Racenet challenges only for AI to run me off the road / set up a lovely roadblock and ruin my car.
As others have mentioned why can't I use purchased cars in party modes? Seems a bit silly to me (and why do we have to sit through people trying to tune their destruction derby car...why are the tuning options even there as there is no way to buy the damn thing)?
No doubt it's mentioned already but why have mirrors in the game if they are just decorations? I'm aware there's a mod that sorts it but I'd rather not go 3rd party route for something that should of been in game to start with :/

Edit: Also please sort out it not saving my controls so I have to redo them every single time I launch the game :/

AttackRabbit said:
No doubt it's mentioned already but why have mirrors in the game if they are just decorations? I'm aware there's a mod that sorts it but I'd rather not go 3rd party route for something that should of been in game to start with :/

Edit: Also please sort out it not saving my controls so I have to redo them every single time I launch the game :/
Even with a mod that improves quality of cockpit alot that doesn't make the mirrors better.
In most videos I seen the mirrors shows not what you like to see as if they are all offset so whats the point.
As a cockpit user I feel I got flipped by codemasters with the incar view and I rather had that they left it out then what they have done with it.  :(

AttackRabbit said:

Even with a mod that improves quality of cockpit alot that doesn't make the mirrors better.
In most videos I seen the mirrors shows not what you like to see as if they are all offset so whats the point.
As a cockpit user I feel I got flipped by codemasters with the incar view and I rather had that they left it out then what they have done with it.  :(
Codies have announced that their next patch will include a 'virtual mirror', so hopefully that will help at least. That wording sounds to me like the mirrors won't actually be in their correct places in cockpit view, and it might be PC only, but we'll see.

One thing I would like to see in the RaceNet challenges is to be able to see the target times for the medals, I.e. platinum, gold and so on, under the target time in the top right corner of the screen. This will let people know if they need to push harder if they're slow.

Clarky1st said:
One thing I would like to see in the RaceNet challenges is to be able to see the target times for the medals, I.e. platinum, gold and so on, under the target time in the top right corner of the screen. This will let people know if they need to push harder if they're slow.
Exactly this, and I'd love to be able to see the championship standings in career during the race, in the menu, as well as the standing in the race. Maybe something like they do at F1, virtual standings, what the outcome would be if the race was ended at this very moment. So you know if you're can drive a bit more carefully and try and defend, or if you need to push really hard to gain one place to win the championship (had this in a race, thought I would be first, but got second place by one point difference) 

I'll copy the link to a topic I created with feedback on the online regions:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/2736/feedback-online-regions

I like the car handling and the available cars and tracks. Altough tracks come down to personal preference ill mention my toughts. As for city tracks returning from GRID 2, i'd rather have seen Miami over Barcelona or Dubai. Miami along with Paris and Chicago are definitely my favourites from GRID 2. The 2 city tracks returning from GRID 1 were a bit of a disappointment. Washington has changed too much and the GP circuit of the G1 version is not available in GAS. San Francisco is fine, but i feel the train tracks/potholes should not have an effect on car handling as it only leads to randomness. Very happy about Istanbul and Jarama returning, but missing Milan.

Load times seem to have increased from GRID 2, combined with fairly boring loading menus. Menus in general are fine, although i am missing 2 things: Not being able to see what car an AI is driving in SP every time the event standings come up, and when creating a custom cup both online and offline you can't see the amount of laps in Event details, you have to go into editing the track in order to see it (here you should be able to wiev amount of laps along with track and route http://imgur.com/RcZgW8j). Also selected tracks in custom cups sometimes (or always?) reset after finishing an event and are changed to a random track. It would be better if they didn't

One complaint i have about gameplay is the damage system, specifically tyre/steering. The damage seems arbitrary and random. Sometimes your whole wheel can come off a minute after the actual impact, sometimes the damage is barely noticeable. It is also too easy in general to damage tyres/steering.

Single player/career:

A perfect single player experience that would stand the test of time for me is the following: Create a team. Hire a teammate. Be able to edit car livery. GRID1 had all of this, but G1 failed when it came to custom cups (they didn't exist, it was max 1 race and you didn't race with your teammate). With this team you have created, you should be able to race in custom cups, atleast 5-race events, driving with your teammate and using your own livery. A good thing about the SP in GAS is that you can have cars with the exact same performance as the MP cars as you can chose upgrades and tuning. Good for testing, was missing in GRID2.

AI is great. No longer do they full brake as soon as you get close to them like in previous CM games, including GRID1 & 2. It actually feels like they are trying to win. But their performance seems to be a bit inconsistent. Taking formula a/b/c as an example, i feel that on very hard races can often be close on "real" tracks. Introduce them to a city track and my avegare lap is easily 5 seconds faster than theirs. It seems not much time was put on adapting them to all tracks.

Online:

Racenet challenges are an improvement over global challenges from GRID 2, mainly due to UI/menu improvements, less checkpoint/elimination/drift, better rewards.

I like the car class system of GAS, but this leads to a problem in playlists. I like racing Formula A/B/C but not necessarily the other Open wheel classes, but these seem to come up most of the time in the open wheel playlist. Tracks often repeat. You have introduced a track voting system, altough you can only vote for 2 tracks at a time. I strongly suggest you extend the voting to 4 random tracks instead of 2, and more importantly introduce a vote to decide vehicle class. So for example, in Open Wheel before each race you get to vote for 1. Vehicle class (4 different random options, for example Formula A, Formula B, Super Lightweight Cup, Lightweight Cup) and afterwards vote for 1 of 4 tracks. A 15 second vote time for each vote seems fine.

One more thing i have noticed in the playlists is track variance. In Street you only have city tracks, in Open Wheel you only have "real" tracks. I understand why this is the case, but if you were to introduce a 4-track voting system i suggest 1 out of the 4 tracks for Street is a "real" track, and 1 out of the 4 tracks in Open wheel is a city track etc. I feel these voting systems would vastly improve playlists. I also feel time attack can be taken out of playlists completely.

As for the buying/upgrading/damage/garage spots in multiplayer i think they are good additions, but the reward money for races seems to be a bit random.

The online backend definitely needs improvements. Game crashes online only, error messages etc seem to be an everyday thing. Racenet could also be better implemented ingame so you shouldn't have to use your browser for everything.

Overall i think GRID Autosport is a great game, very happy with it.

I think it would be a good thing if we could set car category by tiers and by type. The numerous category makes buying car useless because there is to much category. I rarely play a car I own, unless I set the championship by myself.

It's important to say that I love most of the categories but there is so many of them. In my opinion it would be cool to allow race mixing category with equivalent performance.

PS: forgive me, English isn't my mother language.

Jaileh said:
I think it would be a good thing if we could set car category by tiers and by type. The numerous category makes buying car useless because there is to much category. I rarely play a car I own, unless I set the championship by myself.

It's important to say that I love most of the categories but there is so many of them. In my opinion it would be cool to allow race mixing category with equivalent performance.

PS: forgive me, English isn't my mother language.

Just host a game and you can disable upgrades and tuning which essentially creates equal performance.  However even doing that may still allow people to use owned cars which have better 'condition' which may give them an extra tenth of a second over loaned cars.  The idea to give far more experienced players faster and better handling cars was obviously a stupid one.  Find a way to create rewarding progression that doesn't unbalance the gameplay, fragment the community and kill the fun factor as such unbeatable cheapness does in any game. 

TBH I've not had an issue beating people with better cars than me. The one exception was a 787B Endurance race where the other dude had a purchased one and I had a loaner. The performance was visibly better for his car than mine. Other than that in the heat of a race the extra tenths don't make a huge amount of difference unless it's a time attack.

Usually player skill is a much larger factor.

Kaerar said:

TBH I've not had an issue beating people with better cars than me. The one exception was a 787B Endurance race where the other dude had a purchased one and I had a loaner. The performance was visibly better for his car than mine. Other than that in the heat of a race the extra tenths don't make a huge amount of difference unless it's a time attack.

Usually player skill is a much larger factor.

If you're significantly faster, yah, you'll make up the difference.  If you have equal skill and they have ground the xp for the upgraded car (as well as having accumulated alot more actual driving experience in that model in the process) you will lose unless you block obnoxiously. 

Its obviously just a way to rake in more dough with the tacked on world of tanks grind model at the expense of consistently balanced and fun gameplay.