Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

anyone else getting a very slight pause when switching to 'look back' camera? i've searched this thread but couldn't see any other reports

@Loore, I was racing online last night and repairing cars left and right. And I had a thought, there is no real incentive to buy a Used Car. A Used car comes with High Miles, and Higher Maintenance cost at maybe 2/3 the price of a new car. Some have great stats like wins and podiums. But you have to basically start all over again with that car. So not only are you paying higher maintenance costs but you have to Level that car up to get any upgrades, which means you put more miles on it. I'm just saying I think the Used cars should come with some Upgrades on it, or be at a high enough Level to purchase upgrades Immediately!!!

@Loore, Also I see windshield wipers, but why can't we have occasional weather. Maybe for the whole race, so you can keep on with the no pit stops, Racing in the wet would be a nice touch for Career or maybe custom cup. You guys did a good job with it in F1. 

@Loore‌

We (hood cam users, EDIT: and in car cam users) would really find a use for arrows that show also cars that are next to us, not behind only.

Indeed totally agree with this.

Anoying when you go side by side and not knowing where the other exactly is when they are not with you on TS.

Goresh said:

Simple mirrors could eliminate the need of arrows all together.

I've got bad eyesight so I make better use of arrows / direct look-back than I can do with mirrors. :/

Still, didn't Loore say somewhere that they were going to add a virtual mirror for PC? I don't need it because I race only single-player on PC, but it's better than nothing.

(btw for those that have been hyping up The Crew's cockpit, from what I've seen of the beta there are no mirrors either... might be something that pops up as an ultra-high graphics option or between beta and release but don't hold your breath.)

I WOULD like if at the least they could make the cockpit dashboards work. Why they don't is beyond me.

Goresh said:

Mirrors don't help much when the car's right alongside but you still can't see it without looking left/right.

Goresh said:

I've got bad eyesight so I make better use of arrows / direct look-back than I can do with mirrors. :/

Still, didn't Loore say somewhere that they were going to add a virtual mirror for PC? I don't need it because I race only single-player on PC, but it's better than nothing.

(btw for those that have been hyping up The Crew's cockpit, from what I've seen of the beta there are no mirrors either... might be something that pops up as an ultra-high graphics option or between beta and release but don't hold your breath.)

I WOULD like if at the least they could make the cockpit dashboards work. Why they don't is beyond me.

Yeah he did say that maybe it'll go into one of the next patches

Hmm, a racing title with no mirrors but rather floaty arrows is considered better?? Give me a break! Lazy developers who promise improvements in patches and the comunity for the most part is happy. Wow!

manuelkiller said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFFhn7GOC2o

Lets go guys!!!

Glad most of that cr@p happens behind me :)

Haven't been in the game for a few weeks, busy with other things, but a big thanks to Loore and CM for putting in the TT . . .this will be well used by me . .

Game is just getting better and has definitely passed the initial yeah or nay stage . . . but spectate mode when joining a lobby and streaming text chat are still a big must.

Keep it up CM and reputations can be rebuilt . . .

My cars are bugged!

I bought a couple of new cars, 3 or 4 I think, nothing suspicious there. When I switched back I saw, that my two old CatC cars were suddenly level 1! They were 74 and 62 before, somewhere around there... I could sell them, so they are not shown for $0, but for the retail-price. All statistics to the car (distance, races, wins etc. are gone, too!). All tuning parts are still included, though, so I have a level 1 car with full tuning capabilities. Only upgrades, though bought (but not installed) are not available anymore, but if installed, still in.

When racing with them (no bugs here) in the distribution of xp/money I get something for lvl 8 (or whatever it is by now) but the percentage isn't shown anymore.

What is it with you and savegames? ^^

Haven't been in the game for a few weeks, busy with other things, but a big thanks to Loore and CM for putting in the TT . . .this will be well used by me . .

Game is just getting better and has definitely passed the initial yeah or nay stage . . . but spectate mode when joining a lobby and streaming text chat are still a big must.

Keep it up CM and reputations can be rebuilt . . .

same here I've not played lately either but I'm planning on going back to it as I haven't finished my career yet on it.

Feedback on this game? It sucks. Big donkey balls. The online is so broken and your leveling requirements make me puke along with the AI and general 'race craft' adopted by them. I'll finish this pile of utter Shiite because I care about my gaming profile, but that's it after that. I will never touch a codemasters product again and be a complete detractor to every one of my gaming friends for here on out. You will get my platinum image sent to you via twitter or something like that, then I'm gone forever. 

@ Rochambeau  glad you got that all of your chest...

Mister dog from GTP here, we have our own little GRID subsection on the forum also, but i wanted to come to the codies forum  to congratulate you guys on the good design choices, game structure, physics model, sounds, AI and circuit design (beautifully made, the animations make the tracks really feel alive).

For me Grid AS is the best overall racing game on current gen consoles, so instead of yelling like a hysterical girlfriend because of the bugs that need ironing out,  i prefer to wait until codies adress the bugs and redeem themselves. Please patch the corrupted save issue asap though if you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot with the masses.

Fix the save file corrupted for PS3/XBOX first then we can talk!!! How many time we have to wait??I hope just few more days..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVaTa8AZqA

A nice video that I made that I think captures GRID Autosport. Hope you like :smile: 

Mystro said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVaTa8AZqA

A nice video that I made that I think captures GRID Autosport. Hope you like :smile: 

Awesome vid and music, good job! :D

It would be nice to remove the cones at Indy Oval and the walls on the inside of the track. It caused me to crash and probably a lot more people as well. The grass is enough.

I played GAS since release with no major issues. Today however I was barely out of the grid in my first online race when I realized my wheel buttons had remapped to default settings (First gear forever!)  and the advanced wheel settings had also defaulted.  Then the game froze on the results page following two online races and after restarting the console (xbox), each time I had to reenter all the wheel buttons/settings once again. Also, I am not certain, but I don't think any of the races/results/rewards I gained in the sessions just prior to lock-up registered on my account. Any other xboxers having new problems such as these developing after weeks/hours of gameplay?  Been having a blast, don't want the fun to to end...

PC, cockpit view

- At start of race, it sounds like I'm driving over kerbstones, when I look behind me for a moment the sound is back to normal again.

After a Steam update to GA, the clutch on my G27 does nothing. I have H-pattern + clutch specified in settings but the clutch is completely ignored in the game. Anyone else noticed this?

No bad idea... I have a g25 and dont use the shiftstick. Most of time i am shifting with paddels. 

@loore @justbiglee What is the deal with selling DLC cars that.we cant put sponsers or our own liveries on it? How the heck is that fair? Why cant the DLC cars I PAID EXTRA $ To get not be able to apply sponsers and the like to earn money as quickly as the other cars I received for FREE in the game?  Is this how itis going to be for all the DLC cars? For if so I will just pass. Thanks in advance for your reply.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3206/liveries-for-dlc-cars