Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

@Loore‌ I dont know if that been said previously, cant find a search engine on the site... But it would be great to see ending result of  small championships.
You do a 5 race championship and every turns you see the results with bots pts and everything... Last race end and all you see is players points all in a messy order !
1. Show off last pts pannel wih bots if they were part of it, just like after race 1,2,3,4 !
2. Show it in a proper order, just like all previous boards shown
3. Give option to take a snapshot from that screen (store to PC/PS3/360 !!! :)
So clubs that do events can keep it and shot results on web pages or facebook pages.
That would make crisp and clean result pictures of endings boards instead of phone picture shots we must do right now...
Replay save after a race would be a nice option too... So we could know who are the bashers doing bowling halley trick in first curves ! :)

One other thing... The Racenet event is usually something we dont platinum on first try, it's really long and anoying to get kicked out to main Racenet Menu after every single races. We should have option to Race again before map is whiped out from console memory. I know that we can Retry, but retry dont give any cash or XP to last race done. We should get xp and credits after race, THEN give a retry, before is flush any info of track.

We actually need to wait all the time for map to reload on every single  try on PS3, I try it 50 time s in a row, i load map 50 times...

@Loore‌ 
Hi, welcome back in GAS forum's hell :) Hope you enjoyed your holis.

Since Codies plan some changes to playlists I have a couple of questions:
- is it possible to add 1 more lap to every race? 2 laps is a bit short, even for Spa or Bath.
- is it possible to change grid order to random? That would mean equal chances 4 everyone, not only ones that stay longer in lobby.
- is it possible to have 2 or 3 races before coming back to lobby and vote. We would vote for lets say a track and than we could have 2/3 races on different variations of the same track.

Any update on mirrors and text chat?

Thank you for the answer.

@Loore‌ 
Hi, welcome back in GAS forum's hell :) Hope you enjoyed your holis.

Since Codies plan some changes to playlists I have a couple of questions:
- is it possible to add 1 more lap to every race? 2 laps is a bit short, even for Spa or Bath.
- is it possible to change grid order to random? That would mean equal chances 4 everyone, not only ones that stay longer in lobby.
- is it possible to have 2 or 3 races before coming back to lobby and vote. We would vote for lets say a track and than we could have 2/3 races on different variations of the same track.

Any update on mirrors and text chat?

Thank you for the answer.
 - No plans for increasing lap distance as of this moment in time
 - It was discussed but the team felt keeping the system the same as it currently is would be the best option.
 - Unfortunately not at this time
 - I'm talking to the team about Mirrors today
 - Text chat is unlikely at this, we know how important it is to parts of the Community, but unfortunately it just wasn't to be this time around

@loore @justbiglee What is the deal with selling DLC cars that.we cant put sponsers or our own liveries on it? How the heck is that fair? Why cant the DLC cars I PAID EXTRA $ To get not be able to apply sponsers and the like to earn money as quickly as the other cars I received for FREE in the game?  Is this how itis going to be for all the DLC cars? For if so I will just pass. Thanks in advance for your reply.
This is down to licensing, and I'm told by our licensing team that the Nissan GTR Spec V and the Nissan GT-R GT500 are the only two cars that you cannot apply a livery to due to restrictions from Nissan.

It would be nice to remove the cones at Indy Oval and the walls on the inside of the track. It caused me to crash and probably a lot more people as well. The grass is enough.

@whitmarsh2‌  You mean the game crash or you car crash ???
What were you doing on this area ??? Races are supposed to be done on the track, not in cones or walls ! ;)
Keep racing on the track and you will have no problems, those cones and walls give visual references and immersion  improvement in the game to make it more realist. Lets keep em !!!

Loore said:

- It was discussed but the team felt keeping the system the same as it currently is would be the best option.

No it isn't it's rubbish. Random grid order would be awesome.
When are we getting the playlist update please?

@Crumplezone‌... Yh, random grid order would be much better.  Most ppl I know think so too...

Sorry CM but it only seems to be you guys who think the current system is the best option lol. 

In Racenet, PS3, I can see my results, can sort for friends results but no way to get it sorted for Club results.
could this be added ? On PS3 we only have two filter option right now.
US or friends.
and US mean 20 above and 20 below, like we always are 21 in the world... Hurrrrray ! ;p

Please add a club filter, not all club members are friends because we just have no clue what are the codemaster login names of related PS3 account of members and the only way to get them as friend in the game is to invite them over codemaster web site !
It's not everyone  that have acces to a computer or have the knowlege to handle these mismatche between codemaster site and consoles or a browser able to pass trought java or wathever flaws. ;)

So... Club filters please. :)

Same feedback as last time for me, I did 4 sprints and that was enough for me, about 20mins play in weeks.
I haven't really got any worthwhile feedback, I've been here for 6 years and now called it a day.
My first and last season pass is already half price but hey, why should I be surprised ?
This is the real joke, I, and many others, bought the season pass to save money on individual dlc, and it is the saving on the season pass that we miss out on, hahaha, the joke is firmly on us . . .and the last nail in the coffin for CM.

The incompetence of CM in introducing more problems than they cure seems to be the way of the company and Autosport has definitely proved to be a cash grab.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, plenty of lipservice from the usual sources but that is all it is, and most of us have caught on to that fact . . .CM is a business, in my book an incompetent business, but no matter, they know how to milk the suckers and there will always be plenty of those queueing up.

For me Warframe and TDU2 poker keeps my online attention, and The Crew is definitely looking like the business when it comes to satifying my interest in driving.
Pcars is still too full of bugs and after all this time I'm fast losing interest.

I know from the lack of enthusiasm on our site that yes, there is interest in Autosport from a selection of old Gridders, but there is none on a par with Grid 1. People have had enough BS and moved on.

Lastly, the days when a CM game was an automatic buy is now so long ago I've totally forgotten what that enthusiasm felt like, but one thing I haven't forgotten are some of the employees I knew who got out, moved on because they could see what was coming . . . now it's time for a bunch of us to do the same . .

My only real feedback is that the steering rotation (at any degrees) doesn't have a realistic and smooth grading. Much like Assetto Corsa, just after you enter a corner and begin to put some more lock into the wheel, the game snaps the vehicle more sharply than it should. Basically, the sensitivity is uneven and causes an odd response. It's the same as the sensation when you try to turn a car suddenly and the tires roll over in displeasure. At first they are slow to react and then you receive a sudden surge of turning response. 

Hahahaha . . . there are SOOOoooo many bugs many people have stopped bothering to complain about them . . . the game is out of nursery period so what you have is all you're getting . .

@Captainjack, are you playing on PC or console? because I think PC is pretty good at the moment, we are enjoying it for custom races.
Agreed I've not been playing it much lately but I'm still enjoying it.

@Captainjack, are you playing on PC or console? because I think PC is pretty good at the moment, we are enjoying it for custom races.
I'm on PC.

The driving physics are ok but the game has no soul, nothing to create the kind of cohesion we had in Grid 1.
CM's continual ignorance about the value of text chat has given the game a short sell by date . . .and it wouldn't surprise me to discover that, that was deliberate.

I'll mess around in it from time to time but there is no desire for any serious consideration of giving it anything more than that.

CM self-destroyed the FPS arm through total incompetence by being out of touch - sounds familiar - with what their fans wanted, and it's only a question of time before the racing arm goes the same way.

By any criteria the racing arm is a hotch potch of discordant parts so it's no wonder the compost heap of bugs is ever increasing. I can't even say faster than they are fixing them because they don't know how to fix them . . . again I am reminded of an old Jewish saying; " if 12 people tell you, you are ill . . .lie down".
CM . . . call it a day.

I'm on PC.

The driving physics are ok but the game has no soul, nothing to create the kind of cohesion we had in Grid 1.
CM's continual ignorance about the value of text chat has given the game a short sell by date . . .and it wouldn't surprise me to discover that, that was deliberate.

I'll mess around in it from time to time but there is no desire for any serious consideration of giving it anything more than that.

CM self-destroyed the FPS arm through total incompetence by being out of touch - sounds familiar - with what their fans wanted, and it's only a question of time before the racing arm goes the same way.

By any criteria the racing arm is a hotch potch of discordant parts so it's no wonder the compost heap of bugs is ever increasing. I can't even say faster than they are fixing them because they don't know how to fix them . . . again I am reminded of an old Jewish saying; " if 12 people tell you, you are ill . . .lie down".
CM . . . call it a day.
I would agree to a certain extent but I believe this game can last the test of time as Grid 1 did, especially with the club racing that is going on, we had a good run with RWB vs BTC on Friday 6v6 and it was going great until steam threw a wobbler and kicked half of us out, but the racing was some of the closest I have come across.

The text option is a downer but I have found most people are using mic's and using them properly, I also use steam a lot to talk to people without mic's.

Although I have to say we do custom cups 99% of the time and they are well set up and controlled, I do believe club racing is the way forward as it gives a sense of community.

Maybe add me up CaptainJack and come and join us one evening and see how you feel after a few races with us.

If  you are primarily taking about offline though I have no idea how that is going as I don't do the career mode only online.

I play both offline and online.
Don't get me wrong, I get some pleasure out of the game if my mindframe for it is being compliant, but a rocket up Loore's backside every now and then keeps him on his toes, and I do mean what I complain about.

The guys on our site, and Tony and his mates on his TS, all provide very good fast and clean competition . . .although I am a bit of a masochist and like the randomness of public servers, something a bit thin on the ground.
Because winning is of little interest to me - I like the midfield action - I have more tolerance for those who wish to play like idiots. They will always be there and will never go away so why beat my head against a wall.

ALL online games should come with text chat, and the majority do . . .so what the hell is CM thinking when they deliberately leave it out.
Not putting in text chat and the capability to join a session at any time and view the proceedings, by way of a patch, has not done them any favours because any game in the future will have to carry them from the start, otherwise we will know that what isn't there isn't coming . . . meaning some will not buy.

It is a continuing mystery to me that CM fail to acknowledge how we police ourselves online, something we must have text chat for. Many a wayward miscreant has come into line after some choice words and/or collective ramming when the matter has been discussed . . .but to discuss anything we need TEXT.

CM have managed another first . . . for the first time CM put out a season pass, and a season pass is supposed to save one money, at the end of the day those of us who were mugs and bought it from the off will be paying more than those who didn't.

although I am a bit of a masochist and like the randomness of public servers, 
I strangely know what you mean :/ does this mean we are bad people? :P

In all honesty I can't see what GAS has given us over the rival title Forza 3, a game released in 2009. I'd be delighted to hear it from anyone, but for the life of me I'm struggling to think of anything I've experienced in GAS that makes me think progress has been made in the genre at all. It all feels a bit "Poundland" compared with Harrods.
Mind you, if they do release Donington as DLC I may change my mind :)

kimdurose said:
In all honesty I can't see what GAS has given us over the rival title Forza 3, a game released in 2009. I'd be delighted to hear it from anyone, but for the life of me I'm struggling to think of anything I've experienced in GAS that makes me think progress has been made in the genre at all. It all feels a bit "Poundland" compared with Harrods.
Mind you, if they do release Donington as DLC I may change my mind :)
Donington is in the touring cars DLC pack that Loore said is to release next week.

Just been enjoying some career open wheel and it crossed my mind that CM could save itself a whole load of grief . . .dump all tuning, make every car the same so it is down to the driver to improve their times by improving their skills, we really don't need any tuning in the game.
Look at Grid 1 with patch 3, a completely level playing field, and we loved it . .

Just been enjoying some career open wheel and it crossed my mind that CM could save itself a whole load of grief . . .dump all tuning, make every car the same so it is down to the driver to improve their times by improving their skills, we really don't need any tuning in the game.
Look at Grid 1 with patch 3, a completely level playing field, and we loved it . .
I would have to agree with the tuning I still can't get some cars right at all, just upgrades would be enough and then it would level the playing field even more, but you will get a lot of people disagreeing as they love to tune to get an edge and rightly so, luckily we can do custom cups with tuning off and just upgrades, I might try this later.

I would have to agree with the tuning I still can't get some cars right at all, just upgrades would be enough and then it would level the playing field even more, but you will get a lot of people disagreeing as they love to tune to get an edge and rightly so, luckily we can do custom cups with tuning off and just upgrades, I might try this later.
Just a heads up, the above scenario you mentioned is the only instance where upgrades actually work (tuning off, upgrades on). Anywhere else, and upgrades have no effect.

Someone posted that the 2 won't work together, and many others agreed.
Can't remember how it went but something like, you have to turn off upgrades for tuning to work - at least I think it was that way around ?