Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

MotoWPK said:
I know this has been brought up before, but it's worth repeating - CM, please add mirrors.
I always use the 'over the hood' view as it provides what I find to provide the best perspective. Unfortunately it also leaves you blind to what's going on behind and beside you. Yes, we can button select rear and side views, but this disrupts one's focus on the track ahead, and using manual shifting on a PS controller doesn't leave enough left/right buttons to even access the three rear/side views anyway.
Adding rear and side mirrors would potentially be a significant benefit in reducing collisions.
they're supposed to be doing so at some stage not sure when though

Been a Codie fan since the original Dirt, and I really enjoy GAS, so thank you Codemasters!!!  The more realistic handling is a nice improvement over Grid 2, and the online starting position based on accrued points is probably the most diplomatic option (aside from having a qualifying session before every race, which would make the game feel too slow).  The  tuning options are great, and I'm sure it saves development time by letting the fine tuning be done by the user.  It's nice that there's enough tuning available to affect car handling, without being overwhelming.  That being said, I find there's not enough tuning available for AWD vehicles.  Either in a GAS patch or in future games, it would be nice if front and rear differentials could be tuned separately.  A cherry on top would be to be able to adjust the front and rear power bias :-)     One last thing, it would be excellent if there were an option to save multiple tuning setups for a single car since some tracks work better with different setups.   Thanks for another great game!

Are you on CMs payroll?!
For future reference I'd like to be notified if the game I'm buying is knowingly incomplete. Like stick the word "beta" on it.

@Loore‌ 
1. Thing that pisses me off is that i sometimes lose my controller. Usually right before race start black screens appears and says that i need to connect my steering. I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. Re-plugging the wheel doesn't work.
2. This has been probably brought up before, but if you leading the race, guy that is lapped by you isn't ghosted and can hit you. He goes ghosted right after leading car passed him.

Hello is there anyway. To change the region of the racenet. I am always racing with French's and when I search for races sometimes only appears 2 or 3. How 9can I change this for ps3 platform.  Thanks to answer me back.

MotoWPK said:
 Still, too often the AI collides with you in an unrealistic fashion.
In real racing competitors work hard to avoid contact because it can so easily cause damage that will eliminate you from the race. This is even more of an issue in multi-player online racing where collisions are even more common due to careless racing and from a few who use collisions are part of their racing strategy.
I think this situation would be improved if GAS treated collision damage more realistically with regard to a car being able to continue in a race. It's ridiculous to see cars with a tire missing, or greater damage, continuing to race, much less continuing at a race pace (I'm not fast, but how in the world can a car missing a tire pass me in the corner?).
Of course taking damaged cars out of a race would penalize both those who caused the collision and the unfortunate victim of the collision, but, if you're more likely to be DNF'd due to damage it would provide a motivation to all racers to avoid collisions, just like in real life racing, and, IMHO, improve the racing overall.

Codemasters just don't get it that their AI is ridiculous, I think they enjoy making the AI frustrating to the point of putting people off.

Thing is, though, after GAS was released, there were just as many posts on here praising the aggressive AI as damning it. So they're never going to please everyone.

Thing is, though, after GAS was released, there were just as many posts on here praising the aggressive AI as damning it. So they're never going to please everyone.
I think you mean that many posts were saying the AI is better than in previous games, which doesn't mean it's good it's just not as bad.

When was the last time you saw a touring car race and drivers went out of their way to slam into other drivers and then just roar off like nothing had happened?

As to Codemasters games, going back to the TOCA series, I own all three and like RD2 and RD3 but what I did to make the games really playable is to reduce the power of the AI cars by around 10% and the front and rear grip by 10%, I also increased my cars front and rear grip by 10%.

The games are magic now, you can actually go down the straight and not have the AI cars roar off into the distance, they actually have to take the corners or run off the track, it's like a real racing game, not like driving a racing car with bicycle width tires on it.

If I can do that and Codemasters made the games then "surely" they could have done the same?

HypoToad said:
scottishwildcat said: When was the last time you saw a touring car race and drivers went out of their way to slam into other drivers and then just roar off like nothing had happened?

BTCC at Brands Hatch, final round, race two.
Mr. Plato's ambitious move up the inside of Colin Turkington. 
:)

HypoToad said:
I think you mean that many posts were saying the AI is better than in previous games, which doesn't mean it's good it's just not as bad.
No, I mean many posts praising it.

"congrats to whoever made the AI in GRID Autosport. Simply the best ever!"

"The AI is certainly one of the best i have seen in a race game."

"I've only done about 10 races so far, but I'm loving the AI"

"The AI is amazing, but only on higher difficulty levels. On Very Hard, they're fast and also reasonably clean."

etc.

HypoToad said:
No, I mean many posts praising it.

"congrats to whoever made the AI in GRID Autosport. Simply the best ever!"

"The AI is certainly one of the best i have seen in a race game."

"I've only done about 10 races so far, but I'm loving the AI"

"The AI is amazing, but only on higher difficulty levels. On Very Hard, they're fast and also reasonably clean."

etc.
Agreed I remember praising it myself. it is maybe a touch aggressive in places but otherwise I'm finding it fine

I would like to see a Patch to fix the Online Custom Cup and make it more like the Offline version. The Offline version offers Practice and Qualifying sessions as well as Segments for each Event. Why can't this be done for Online and make the game more Friendly for League racing, much like an F1 weekend. Codies can do it on F1 why hasn't it been implemented in Online Custom Cup on Grid?

I for one believe in Codemasters abilities. I do find much enjoyment playing the different racing games developed at Codemasters. However I have also found many things to be frustrated about as well. It almost seems like there are a few different development teams working under the Codemasters label. While excluding the obvious non sim titles like F1 Stars it seems with some elements these teams are not on the same page. This is more evident with your main titles. Dirt, F1, and Grid. The most obvious is a standard for input controller support which has been all over the place. I find I can setup and map My CSW in Toca 3 but neither my CSW or G27 are compatible with Grid. I have also found trying to map my controllers crashes Dirt Showdown which is relatively a new game in your line up. I would think that you would have created a rock solid generic profiler by now with regards to input wheel devices along with their shifters and pedals. Controller support should be of the same standard across all you racing game titles. Next is improving the physics engine and carrying that across you racing titles. It seems that there are built in assists and everything is canned. I really believe your tire technology is not so bad if you can find ways to eliminate the less believable behavior that comes side by side behavior that makes pretty good sense be studied and finding a rhythm within. The drifty effect seem just that built in effects.

The F1 series I own 4 titles I really like the 2011 version as far as car handling is concerned and had my controller dialed in pretty good and wham I lose all the settings I worked so hard to achieve. You need a better save and recognition system to where these things are no longer lost. Never had a problem with my mapping any kind of controller in ISI based game engine titles. Learn from them most other developers already have. As far as F1 2012 and 2013 the car feels worse than 2011 and 2010 versions let's keep moving forward retaining things that work pretty well and improving things that don't Car handling does not have to change that much since a good handling car is a constant value in RL. Find what's good and stick with it.

Oh one last thing the reasons for not having fully detailed cockpits in Grid Autosport is Hogwash every dirt title has detailed cockpit views F1 titles have it Grid has them. I think it's just an effort to try to punk the community with some lame reason why you did not do this in Grid 2 and Autosport. People see right threw it and are ready to sail you guys down the river if things don't change.

@Loore can the leaderboards that are displayed ingame for time trial mode, be altered from showing your PSN friends to racenet friends/ club members?

Only a couple of my PSN friends have the game, whilst i'm in a club that contains 65 members and i have 20 or so racenet buddies that all have GAS. So it's pretty useless that your TT times are compared to your PSN friends instead of the latter.

TabMaster said:
Been a Codie fan since the original Dirt, and I really enjoy GAS, so thank you Codemasters!!!  The more realistic handling is a nice improvement over Grid 2, and the online starting position based on accrued points is probably the most diplomatic option (aside from having a qualifying session before every race, which would make the game feel too slow). 
Ditto

Oh one last thing the reasons for not having fully detailed cockpits in Grid Autosport is Hogwash every dirt title has detailed cockpit views F1 titles have it Grid has them. I think it's just an effort to try to punk the community with some lame reason why you did not do this in Grid 2 and Autosport. People see right threw it and are ready to sail you guys down the river if things don't change.

Ditto

@Loore, I would like the ability to have a Practice/Qualifying Session in Custom Cups Online, just like it is in Offline. Why is Offline so different from Online???????

Can you please add a mute button. It's realy distracting and anoying when people start chatting up in the midle of a race and you cant do anything to make them quiet.

You can mute them from the lobby. I don't think anyone is gonna want to bring up the pause menu just to mute someone.