Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

Game is a complete failure.After a two week hiatus after almost a full two months of repeated game freezes I just tried to play.Could not get past the point of tuning in the garage or changing up a livery before the game froze.It is past the point of being let down and or pissed about it.It is not even worth the effort anyomore to even put the disc in the xbox.My only regret is that I purchased the downloadable  instead of the disc version.I would not even take the game if it was given to me right now.Complete failure and the lack of concern or support is so wrong on every level.Total disgrace to the gaming industry and a huge FU to the fans.This game has destroyed the fanbase big time.Myself not even going to try anymore.Done with Autosport completely.Nice job on the moneygrab morons.

It's not their fault mate.
Its Microsofts, Xbox Live, the fall of Rome, the alignment of Jupiter and Gannymede, the assassination of Kennedy, Sepp Blatter, rising sea levels, the obesity crisis, and the sudden overnight reduction of memory and premature ageing in the 360 that's causing all of this.

By the way, as a total aside, and I don't know why I'm even mentioning this, Rockstar are about to release A COMPLETE NEW GAME MODE in to GTA V on these "old consoles". They're putting it in to a game that already exploits every ounce of capability out of these "relics".
How do they do it? I dunno, but I'm guessing it'll be brilliant, free of charge, and free of excuses.

I would like to see more city tracks( and point to point like Cote D azure) in next Grid game compare to official tracks.. i will explain why:

- More freedom for devs to make their own tracks , and this must be funny for them..

- Cheaper for CM as there are not rights to buy unlike official tracks ..

- More layouts for each location compare with limited ones we can have in official circuits.. For example  spa 2 layouts (normal reverse) , while in Paris or San Franchisco over 5-6...

- The racing games fans have played the most famous tracks millions o times (e.x SPA , Monza , Silverstone etc) while the city tracks are something new and not to much played.. ( considering the many layouts again)

- No penalties ( in circuits this can kill the fun some times..)

- Circuits are more suitable for pure sim games and no for the semi-sim like Grid.. 

Ok i dont say you not to add any of the circuits but i would like more city tracks compare to circuits like 70% city track and 30% circuits.. :p  ;)

I would like to see more city tracks( and point to point like Cote D azure) in next Grid game compare to official tracks.. i will explain why:

- More freedom for devs to make their own tracks , and this must be funny for them..

- Cheaper for CM as there are not rights to buy unlike official tracks ..

- More layouts for each location compare with limited ones we can have in official circuits.. For example  spa 2 layouts (normal reverse) , while in Paris or San Franchisco over 5-6...

- The racing games fans have played the most famous tracks (e.x SPA , Monza , Silverstone etc) while the city tracks are something new and not to much played.. ( considering the many layouts again)

- No penalties ( in circuits this can kill the fun some times..)

- Circuits are more suitable for pure sim games and no for the semi-sim like Grid.. 

Ok i dont say you not to add any of the circuits but i would like more city tracks compare to circuits like 70% city track and 30% circuits.. :p  ;)

I personally prefer the more circuit based tracks tbh. Part of the problem for me is the fact 1 and 2 sometimes didn't feel like proper racers to me because they mostly raced on street type tracks. I like street tracks don't get me wrong but I think Autosport is the right mix for me as for me proper racing takes place on proper tracks. Plus some people prefer the semi sim approach to this stylre of racing and for me CM have got this right. I'm not saying there haven't been mistakes made as clearly there has. But I don't feel that the idea behind Autosport is one of them. They've got the balance right I think for future Grid games I think they just need to make sure there are fewer bugs in the system next time. 

kimdurose said:

How do they do it? I dunno, but I'm guessing it'll be brilliant, free of charge, and free of excuses.
You think? Even with their massive resource, GTA V online was a disaster when it first launched. Luckily, they had a lot more resources to fix it than Codemasters have (but we're still waiting on the Heist mode they promised we'd have by Spring 2014).

kimdurose said:

You think? Even with their massive resource, GTA V online was a disaster when it first launched. Luckily, they had a lot more resources to fix it than Codemasters have (but we're still waiting on the Heist mode they promised we'd have by Spring 2014).
Soon fixed it though didn't they? As a matter of priority.
And its heists that are coming to the 360 and PS3.

kimdurose said:

I get what you're saying but CM found enough resource to build a game in less than a year (albeit a broken game) and get it out on the shelves lol.

kimdurose said:
kimdurose said:

Yes, they soon fixed it because they're a massive company with shit loads of money and precisely one current product on the market to worry about, who still made a complete arse of it. Just like all the other companies who are currently making an arse of it on next gen with their new releases... pretty much every AAA title released this past month has been beset with issues.  Driveclub in particular is still screwed after how long now (on top of the massive launch delay)? And yes, heists are coming to 360 and PS3, but almost a year after they were promised, because they were too busy cleaning up their previous messes.

None of this should allow Codemasters off the hook, but to read some of the stuff on here you'd think they were the only company releasing software with terrible bugs while everyone else is spewing out perfect gems of gaming excellence.

They're the only company I've bought a game off in the last 30 years with issues so bad they're actually preventing me from playing it.
That\s never happened before.
Go figure.

kimdurose said:
kimdurose said:

Yes, they soon fixed it because they're a massive company with shit loads of money and precisely one current product on the market to worry about, who still made a complete arse of it. Just like all the other companies who are currently making an arse of it on next gen with their new releases... pretty much every AAA title released this past month has been beset with issues.  Driveclub in particular is still screwed after how long now (on top of the massive launch delay)? And yes, heists are coming to 360 and PS3, but almost a year after they were promised, because they were too busy cleaning up their previous messes.

None of this should allow Codemasters off the hook, but to read some of the stuff on here you'd think they were the only company releasing software with terrible bugs while everyone else is spewing out perfect gems of gaming excellence.
I agree...... the quality of games has declined greatly over the last 10 years and it isn't just Codemasters.... infact there are studios that are 10 times worse than CM and at least CM makes good games.  Some studio's make bad games that are full of bugs - some NFS titles spring to mind.  If companies making electrical goods, cars or furniture carried on like this there would be uproar.

I really think the whole industry needs to be improved.

Some things never get old.  Tried GAS again and it froze on me 3 times in an hour.  I dare not try another classic British extra championship for fear that it will freeze when I'm halfway through the 10 races and I'll have to start the whole damn thing over again.  So I tried the sprint OW A class and it froze right on schedule.  I wonder why the public lobbies are called public when there is no public in them.  I dare not load any paints for fear that it will freeze.  I dare not do any DLC for fear that my friends who haven't purchased the exact same DLC won't be able to join me unless I let them run the room.  I dare not, I dare not, I dare not.  A very enjoyable (if I remember?) game totally ruined and a company I will probably never buy from again.  I think I'll pull out my 1967 RISK board game.  It has never froze on me and the graphics and gameplay are as much fun as it was when I first got it.

What happened to the Detroit Track from the first Grid? I liked that track. And since it didn't really exist, how can it be licences issue. 

Fix the freeze issue!!!! Then we may give a hoot what racenet challenge we are doing! Racenet challenge is just a distraction when I get ticked off about freezing in the online lobby and still feel like playing... This is one of the best racing games out there, just fix the damned thing!

I don't know if patch support is still on for the game, but can I ask to include a Save & Exit option for Custom Cups? I rarely if ever do Custom Cups that have 3-5 events, because - if I want to be seriously doing 20m practice, quali and reasonably lengthy races - there's no way I can do this at one go.

A bit of bug reporting, guys.

I noticed that the 'Statistics' menu counts starting first in sprinting - and possibly in time attack - events as poles in Custom Cups. I don't think that's... sensible, because being at the front of the queue has no real importance in these formats and you can't even do qualifying as far as I remember.

Also, it counts the races of multi-event Custom Cups as standalone cups in the 'Cups Completed' line. (I. e. it counts every event as a cup.)

Absolutely minor things, just wanted to let you know.

@Loore how bout a move of Good faith to bring everyone back to Grid who's left because of issues with the game. Need to add Monaco as a free DLC so everyone can play it and it can be implemented into the Playlist or Custom Cups. Everyone needs to experience that track. 

I'm sure you'll just blow this post off, but I think many would agree it would go a long way to making amends. 

Either that or 1/2 the price of the touring pack as an xmas offer, (class it as a late black friday deal)  The only reason i won't dig deep and buy it is the fact i race for the majority online as do many that play and not many people have the dlc to make it worth while, the GAS online community have been hit hard with people migrating elsewhere during the freezing issues  I would gladly pay £5 for a couple more tracks but the cars i aint fussed about tbf . worth a thought ? Merry Autosport. 

Get rid off auto sport very bad game much much much better races on all consoles

If I understand you correctly.  You want to get rid of Grid Autosport because there are better racing games on the consoles?  There is an easy solution.  You can just stop playing the game and let us continue to if we still enjoy it.  I'm not going to let you dictate what I play ever.

The physics are much improved over G2, I am not totally sold, because there is still that feel that it's faster to drift than to drive properly, but it is not near as bad as D2 in that regard.

I like this game, however the thing that infuriates me the most is the leveling system online. I am basically punished for having a life and a real job. Since I don't have endless hours to level up my cars, I am not allowed to tune them. It would be really nice.. really really nice.. really freaking nice if I could at least adjust the dif and suspension to make a car go around corners.

It is very disheartening to be in a room where everyone can fix the handling characteristics of their car except you. 

Not that I can usually join an online game anyway because the DLC does not play nice. e.g. if the host has season pass I can not join even if I have the specific DLC they are playing. Instead I have to host and th person with season pass can then join on me to play the DLC.

Just my opinion, while its not the annoying pay to win format it comes close by punishing me for having a life and playing less then someone else.