Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

I do not need advice like that, im expirienced enough for this and have even more advices, but thx anyway :)>-
If talk about drivers, all HD4000 series adapters(and lower) drivers is not refreshing by amd since 2012, so i realy cant update coz nothing to update=) driver what i have is latest.

I noticed that fps drop in main menu increases after race.

Bump up the off-throttle sounds, right now they're almost unhearable. Really it kills the immersion when downshifting and in cornering (throttle modulation). I can hear these off-throttle sounds but again, they're WAY TOO LOW

gor said:
I do not need advice like that, im expirienced enough for this and have even more advices, but thx anyway :)>-
If talk about drivers, all HD4000 series adapters(and lower) drivers is not refreshing by amd since 2012, so i realy cant update coz nothing to update=) driver what i have is latest.

I noticed that fps drop in main menu increases after race.
It could be a driver issues for the GPU if it hasn't been updated for 2 years. In this case I'd suggest you talk to our support team custserv@codemasters.com and they'll be able to help you out.

just to let everyone know, European unlock seems to be live.

GAS is now unlocing/updating for me. Get going everyone!

Just started the first race, and noticed the grass was ridicilously high (couple of meters).
Off to playing again :D

HD texture pack, all settings on Ultra, AMD HD6870 1GB

Disabling soft ambient occlusion fixed the weird grass

Game just crashed on the first race from touring car season on Istanbul Park, did practice session and qualifying without any problems.

Seems my savegame is corrupted now, whenever I load my profile it crashes...

Fixed, crashes had something to do with the second screen, disconnected my second display and I could load my profile again. No issues so far, except that its to much fun and I've got to go to school tomorrow, but I wanna keep playing :(

Anyone else thinkin the audio levels are kinda skewed?

to be more specific, i  would like to hear my own engine much louder than i can seem to set it.

so i have engine level on 100, and all other levels at 50 [which seems to be min for all except speech]

Yet im still struggling to hear my own revs over the exhaust of the guy 5 car lengths infront!

Ive played with dynamic range and system eq, but neither help the issue.

apart from that, its been pretty painless so far.

Goonertez said:

to be more specific, i  would like to hear my own engine much louder than i can seem to set it.

so i have engine level on 100, and all other levels at 50 [which seems to be min for all except speech]

Yet im still struggling to hear my own revs over the exhaust of the guy 5 car lengths infront!

I saw an option in the settings for an AI audio setting, can't remember which menu it's in but it can be changed from high to medium, low, etc. might solve the problem for you.

KazzyMac said:
Goonertez said:

I saw an option in the settings for an AI audio setting, can't remember which menu it's in but it can be changed from high to medium, low, etc. might solve the problem for you.
Can I make off throttle sounds sound louder? 

Goonertez said:
game dosent seem to be alt+tab friendly.
The framerate tanks if you Alt-Tab.  Only way to fix it is to quit and restart the game.  8-|

Goonertez said:

Yes I kept thinking the ai was behind me but when I look they are way back, they are a bit loud, my alt enter goes to window and back. 

Well I wish I could say that I am impressed. I was excited when the game was announced because I have not yet made the investment for an Xbox One and was really Jonesing for some Forza 5. I didn't expect Grid Autosport to have all of the adjust-ability of the Forza games but I was expecting alot more than I got! Especially considering the fact that the game had Open Wheel Racing. I assumed that with all of the adjust-ability of the Formula One games, that Open Wheel would be similar. Boy was I wrong!

The game thus far has been underwhelming and I am extremely let down by it. There is very little to adjust on the cars. Especially in the lower classes. The controls heavily favor controllers. I literally had to put my steering wheel away and use an Xbox controller to get around. What makes it worse is that there are absolutely no adjustments for the controllers, so there is no way to take the dead zones out of the steering wheels, so they are essentially useless.  For those of us that use the Drivers line as a learning tool, the Drivers line is nearly impossible to see on most of the tracks. Adjusting the Gamma helps a little but go to a street course and you're screwed.

I honestly do not like the ranking system either. It is almost as if the developers are punishing the players for using assists. I am sorry but it shouldn't take 6 races to get from level one to level two.  I still have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that you can purchase upgrades for your cars and create your own liveries. I saw it said somewhere that you could but I have yet to see it and I have turned the game upside down looking for it.

Honestly, this is one game that will end up getting traded back in, in a couple days. Codemasters dropped the ball if you asked me.

RobertKNL said:
at a certain point my engineer told me my gearbox was starting to malfunction, later on it looked bad and finally (on the last lap) he said the gearbox was pretty much done for. Since I'm driving automatic I didnt't notice ANY difference,
I've had this happen as well. I am also using automatic transmission.

my gearbox has been fine and im manual...and because of the poor sound, im very prone to over-rev at this time.

yes i have damage on full....so this aint makin much sense.

patch the sound codies!

I have another small issue relating to key binding.

so i use a g27 wheel along with the pedals, but i dont use the shifter...its up in the  loft the useless pos that it is.

anywa, i tell GAS that im using g27, i customise certain actions and go racing, go through some menus yaddayadda.

Now some menu selections are mapped to g27 buttons that i dont have....theyre on the absent shifter.

I want to re-map these keys to my keyboard....did it in grid....grid2 and other games.

either i havent found the right place in GAS options to do this re-mapping...or its missing from the game.

lil help?

ps...hope yall havin fun 8D

Something I feel needs to be adjusted, since we lack working mirrors, is the arrows that indicate AI cars. For some reason they fade when a car is next to you. Usually when it's positioned so you can't see it looking forward or backwards lol. The Arrows need to remain as long as the AI car's are around you, or at least until they get a half car in front of you. I've had a few incidents where I didn't realize the AI was there until we made contact lol.

@Loore Why is there an Alfa Romeo Giulietta when you fill up the online AI within the hothatches cup. You can't buy this car in the garage?

OMG!

Myself and Miatakias went for a short spin online, we ended up in San Francisco reversed, this was the first time I'd even tried it reversed and boy ohhh boy what a track!

1st lap top of the hill, the run down went summat like this....

rrrooooaAAARR! "oh s**t!" BADUMF! RWAAARRRRR! "SWEEET J***s!" BADUMF! RAAAAAAAAGGHHHH"  "WHEEEEEEEEEEE!" BADUMMMFFFF then laughing so hard I nearly wet myself for the rest of the lap till the next try!

Goonertez said:
I have another small issue relating to key binding.

so i use a g27 wheel along with the pedals, but i dont use the shifter...its up in the  loft the useless pos that it is.

anywa, i tell GAS that im using g27, i customise certain actions and go racing, go through some menus yaddayadda.

Now some menu selections are mapped to g27 buttons that i dont have....theyre on the absent shifter.

I want to re-map these keys to my keyboard....did it in grid....grid2 and other games.

either i havent found the right place in GAS options to do this re-mapping...or its missing from the game.

lil help?

ps...hope yall havin fun 8D
Yess ! thats it..  thats why I also cant find those keys lol, the GUI menu selector buttons need to be remappable.. And to make it worse I remap all my wheel buttons to views and handbrake so none of them do GUI stuff, only the gear paddles go left and right through some menus.
Biig fun :)

If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)

@britpoint @Loore

Is there a possibillity that the chasecam can be fixed in a patch? The view is too low on both views and it would be nice if both were raised so that you can actually look beyond the rear bumper :D

no, its the same like grid 2

trick: you must go with your mouse into the small window and then press alt+enter ! back to game fullscreen without fps drops...;-)

MaXKiLLz said:
Goonertez said:
game dosent seem to be alt+tab friendly.
The framerate tanks if you Alt-Tab.  Only way to fix it is to quit and restart the game.  8-|

thx Loore  ^:)^

however ill upgrade my wreak if no change in my plan :))