Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

I'm a big fan of codemasters F1 games and thought I would buy this game while waiting for the F1 2014 to come out. I really wish I hadn't. I've been playing it for a couple of hours and found myself getting really bored with it. It looks to me like the programmers really wanted to make this game for Xbox one and ps4 shame they didn't the PC version would've been a lot better. :(

yeah there are a lot of sound issues i noticed, engine noise will fade away after collisions and such, please make them more consistent and dominating.

Firstly, love the game. Improvements would be - please add pitstops! Fuel use and tyre changers. Like f1 these could have settings so aspects can be adjusted to suit different players.

a racing game without pitstops, it's a shame not to have added it right out of the game

I completely understand why the interior view is blurred out, but why are the mirrors and dials blurred out as well? To me that really does defeat the point of adding the interior view in the first place. Other than that though I am loving this game, I think the structure of career mode is excellent and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I hope Codemasters can bring a few decent updates/DLC before moving off to the world of 'next-gen'.

Not sure if it is already mentioned not in the mood to go thru all the posts, but I find that when youre making a skin the view to youre car is terrible.
Can you guys add sonething like holding right mouse button to turn the car so we can look at roof etc?

Now all I can do is turn the car with steering wheel and zoom in and out wth pedals and this really doesn't cut it. 

Also would be nice if we could make sessions with diiferent disciplines.
Like first time attack on the track and next one a race.

Finally got my copy today through the post will update once I've had a little play

Enjoying Career mode just finished a championship in the touring cars won by only 2 points won only 1 of the races though the reverse grid at Istanbul but all in all I'm having a great time with Autosport so far. I've had to remap my controls slightly differently  to one's that I'm most comfortable in using but that's really my only complaint I've got at the moment but it's relatively minor as I'm working around it anyway.

Played the 360 version for a few hours. Getting some time in on career before hitting online. Playing on hard difficulty with no assists. All good so far. AI aggression is nicely balanced I think. Having trouble with the street race on Dubai. Is it just me or is that track really slippery? All good so far. Thanks Codemasters for bringing GRID back to me!

Played the 360 version for a few hours. Getting some time in on career before hitting online. Playing on hard difficulty with no assists. All good so far. AI aggression is nicely balanced I think. Having trouble with the street race on Dubai. Is it just me or is that track really slippery? All good so far. Thanks Codemasters for bringing GRID back to me!
I put it down to the sand dust on the road.  I think you can actually see a slight yellowish dusting at certain sections. 

If I recall rightly that track has a few different surfaces as well, cobbles, tarmac etc? Moving from different road surfaces could be giving you an impression of slipperyness. 

id love to enjoy this game however

1. it keeps freezing on loading screen
2. it freezes uploading to youtube

i mean ive played the game less than an hr and have these issues already. i'm not trying to be a sour puss but because of the amount of promise this has i'm sorely disappointed.

before people jump on me, im persevering atm 

id love to enjoy this game however

1. it keeps freezing on loading screen

Do you have a second screen enabled? I had loading issues but 'fixed' it by disconnecting my 2nd monitor.

I don't like it.

I can't turn the cars unless i slow to a crawl

Any of the ABS, Traction Control etc...make your car as slow as a turd.

After just learning to get around a corner in Grid2, now I have to learn all over again and I guess becausse I'm a moron I can't figure out how to get a car around a corner amymore. I just about give up and wish i had my money back cause this is bad.

I don't like it.

I can't turn the cars unless i slow to a crawl

Any of the ABS, Traction Control etc...make your car as slow as a turd.

After just learning to get around a corner in Grid2, now I have to learn all over again and I guess becausse I'm a moron I can't figure out how to get a car around a corner amymore. I just about give up and wish i had my money back cause this is bad.

Once you master Autosports handling it becomes better. The entry level cars seem to feel as though they're running on flat tyres with broken diffs or something.

Actually Grid 2 was bad. You were supposed to dive into a corner full speed and once you turned your car sideways you slowed down and made the corner.

In reall life you would fly trought a corner and crash terribly every single time.

Grid Autosport is much more realistic in that you have to break BEFORE the corner. You slow down pass the apex and then put the power down on the trackout. Thats how racing works. I suggest you stay behind AI for a lap and don't try to race. Also try doing practise before racing on unknown tracks. Look for boards with numbers. These show distance to the turn. You should start breaking at between 150 and 100 meters before most slower corners. Try to learn the tracks and remember breaking points. If you are playing with manual gearbox you also are learning gears for corners. 

Only after you can comfortably go trought every corner on the track you should try to shave of time by trying later breaking point, different racing lines, turn in points, later apex. Driving on the outside when passing, cutunder opponent car. There are so many decisions to make during the race. 

Grid 2 was arcade game that happened to have cars in it. It was ok to have fun, you could drift your way trought every corner. 
Grid Autosport , while still not simulation, requires and rewards proper racing techniques. No longer drifting is fast. If you wan't to be quick, you should counter the slides as soon as possible. Try to always operate within your tires limit.  

Just a little problem my friends and i found, i have 2 mates that we race the formula c with and we bought have bought them and done liveries and tuning with and we were all up to level 26-30 when BOTH my mates levels went back down to 1, they noticed it when they went to change there livery, @Loore‌ is this a glitch? And has anyone else had this problem? Still an awsome game

Thorinbur said:
Actually Grid 2 was bad. You were supposed to dive into a corner full speed and once you turned your car sideways you slowed down and made the corner.

In reall life you would fly trought a corner and crash terribly every single time.

Grid Autosport is much more realistic in that you have to break BEFORE the corner. You slow down pass the apex and then put the power down on the trackout. Thats how racing works. I suggest you stay behind AI for a lap and don't try to race. Also try doing practise before racing on unknown tracks. Look for boards with numbers. These show distance to the turn. You should start breaking at between 150 and 100 meters before most slower corners. Try to learn the tracks and remember breaking points. If you are playing with manual gearbox you also are learning gears for corners. 

Only after you can comfortably go trought every corner on the track you should try to shave of time by trying later breaking point, different racing lines, turn in points, later apex. Driving on the outside when passing, cutunder opponent car. There are so many decisions to make during the race. 

Grid 2 was arcade game that happened to have cars in it. It was ok to have fun, you could drift your way trought every corner. 
Grid Autosport , while still not simulation, requires and rewards proper racing techniques. No longer drifting is fast. If you wan't to be quick, you should counter the slides as soon as possible. Try to always operate within your tires limit.  
Grid 2 wasn't trying to be accurate. It did what it set out to do perfectly. It's probably the best drift-based racer in a decade.

Alright round two of my suggestions Multiplayer: -Online car degradation..... Please for the love of motorsports balance this out. After only 350 miles I'm spending 90,000 every 5 races on maintenance while only making 10,000 per race (if I win) I'm all for the concept but this is way overkill. -Allow spectator cam when joining a game in progress. -improve lag ghosts, they cause massive crashes when a car solidifes inside of my car. -massive price adjustments payouts and balancing is needed. Full games only pay 15k yet some cars cost over a million. Don't even think about money packs. -the ability to represent your racenet team without a unified livery. -racenet team integration, make it so we can do it all in game.

Wouldn't mind a little more realism, Driving around Brands hatch in cat C touring cars (WTCC equivalent), I hardly have to brake at all.
I think this is because it feels like the car automatically slows down while cornering, I have all assists off. I know that you cannot accelerate as fast whilst cornering, but something just feels a bit off here.

How do I check my online impact rating? I cannot join random matches, and says something about my impact rating, but I've hardly raced online, I've been a clean driver. 

Otherwise, so far I'm enjoying the game.

I finished that first race on Hockenheim with a big smile on my face, great job Codemasters!

The only thing I'm not too keen on is the massive amount of layouts for the tracks, it can get a bit confusing, and I find some don't really work that well in reverse, like Bathurst and Red Bull Ring. But I'm struggling to find something to complain about so far :)

I was playing online in a closed session this morning doing time attacks with a mate filled up with AI on hard in a 5 race session.
First 2 races everything was fine.
Then the 3rd race started my mate didn't see any AI and I saw while waiting for my turn to start several AI going over the startline and just rolled out and where standing still on the track for the rest of the race.
Then on the end of the race we got stuck on result screen and needed to quit.   :(
This happened to me on a friday aswell with other friends

Bugs I have found on the ps3:

(1) Sound problems. Missing replay music, sometimes it can be heard, other times not. Car radio does not always work, just get a crackle instead of a voice update. Music not always present when playing checkpoint and eliminator modes. Flashback sound does not always play when pressing triangle button to start and end flashback. Too many sound dropouts occur when racing. Also menu sound effects when moving around the menu can disappear at will.

(2) On racenet, the leaderboards show the overall fastest times for the challenges, but as soon as you compete in them, the leaderboards just become the 20 above you and the 20 below you, with you always on 21st best! There is no way to see what the fastest time is on that challenge! You should be able to scroll through top, nearest, friends and club times.

(3) When selecting your liveries for the car, it would be nice to use R1 and L1 to scroll through them and then view the car close up. Why do you have to go to another screen to select your livery BUT it then takes you into the event once you select your livery. It should be like GRID 2 where you can scroll through them on the same page and view the car.

(4) Custom Cup - it always changes the track when you amend one of the other choices. If I pick the track, then decide to change the car type, the track has changed, even though that track can be used for those cars. Also why do I have to enter another screen to select the track. I select event details and it shows the track selected, but then I have to go into another screen. On Grid 2 this could be done from the same screen. Is there any chance next to event details, you could have the track name to the right and if you wish to change it, you just go to one more screen to change, rather than 2! And after playing a custom cup, when you return back to the selection menu, the track has changed.

(5) Grid order - sometimes when I finish in the top 3 on race 1, instead of putting me to the back for the next race, I find myself in pole position.

(6) Checkpoint and eliminator, GRID 2 had these nailed, but in Grid Autosport, they lack the excitement. We need more use of the music and the radio to create more tension, it is very lame the way it has been implemented. Put it back to how GRID 2 had it.

(7) Online, once you have done a search to see what lobbies there are, a list is produced, if you go into one of these lobbies and find the event underway, when you back out, instead of going to the lobby list, it takes you right out and it takes another 2-3 menu pages to get back to the lobby list. Please amend so you go back to the lobby list!

Hopefully these niggles can easily be sorted. I have Grid, Grid 2 and now Grid Autosport. Enjoyed the first 2 but the latest one just feels a little bit rushed and not as polished as it could be. I am sure with a few patches down the line, the game can be put right.

If I find any more bugs/problems I will add them to this thread. However it is nice to be able to contact codemasters and leave feedback, it is refreshing these days for companies to talk and hopefully listen to their customers. Thanks.

I was playing online in a closed session this morning doing time attacks with a mate filled up with AI on hard in a 5 race session.
First 2 races everything was fine.
Then the 3rd race started my mate didn't see any AI and I saw while waiting for my turn to start several AI going over the startline and just rolled out and where standing still on the track for the rest of the race.
Then on the end of the race we got stuck on result screen and needed to quit.   :(
This happened to me on a friday aswell with other friends
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1185/ai-crashing-game-online-custom-cup#latest

Yeah Assie i have had that problem a lot

was also using AI on hard every time will try it on a different setting and see!!!

OK the good :

Fantastic track graphics.Never played on Bathhurst on CM game before, but track is done really well, much better than GT6 IMO.

Handling is good. Did not play Grid 2, but the handling on this one feels fine. Maybe a bit slidey and difficult to control the openwheelers. They seem to have a tendency to slide on all four wheels (or at least thats what it feels like) rather than losing the back end so much. I'm not saying this is bad, just that it needs some adjustment in play compared to Grid and F1.

Car sounds work well for me. I think there can always be improvement, but these are far better than say GT6. Paginin sounds great.

The Bad :

The AI. I must admit probably better to term the AI as "The mediocre" as there are some things I like about it and some not so good. I've had some great battles with the AI and it has been fun. But sometimes they just do terrible things. The worst experience is when you are losing ground in touring cars or battling to keep position. The AI will come up behind you and shunt you off the track and you end up frustrated because you lost out without really doing anything wrong. If you are moving up the field without having to pay attention to what's behind the experience feels much better. This may link in with the lack of mirrors.

The UI. This is really bad. I want to swear, but I know I shouldn't. Whoever designed this should be given a good talking to. Some basic points, unnecessary button clicks. Options that are central (ie choosing track) not being at level one in the hierachy - it's like the guy/girl who desgined the UI never played the game. Unused space on the screen that could have been used to simplify the selection process but instead is left blank. I could go on. Fortunately the UI is a minor annoyance rather than something that wrecks the game.

The car graphics. These look a bit poor on the openwheelers. Guess it is a consequence of needing to render so many cars on the track at once (Dirt 3 cars are fine on PS3). Car engine detailing is quite poor (sometimes better not to bother) and the tyres looked very poor when dislodged from the tyre wall. Maybe time to move to PC methinks.

The ugly. :

I play the game probably in a bit of a weird way. I like to do lap after lap on the openwheelers. This is great until you come to lap 10 (PS3, controller, automatic gears) at which point gear 5 dissappears and sometimes the car becomes impossible to handle, even if you have no damage. It's like the game can't conceive that anyone would want to do more than 10 laps and decides to trash your chances at that point.

I don't know whether it is a bug, or me using the UI in a poor way, but I find it difficult to select the right track, and when I finish a custom cup and go back into the UI it seems like the track is scrambled. NO ! It should keep the previous settings I used for the last race. There is something weird going on here.

Didn't see the helicam. @Loore and @justbiglee mentioned the helicam, so where is it, did it not make the final build or do you have to go into a certain mode in order to get it ?

OK, So overall :

This is a good game, there are some annoyances, but generally it is solid. I have only briefly tried the MP, but it was fun. I think the handling is good enough to allow good racing. The graphics are good, but there are some bugs/minor annoyances. The UI being the primary one for me.

To rate, I thing 3/5 is too stingy and 4/5 too good. Then 7/10 again feels too stingy and maybe 8 too good. So I will go for 7.5/10. Bear in mind that this is only after 2 days and I have barely touched many of the disciplines/tracks. I think I would have to race for at least a week before I would be happy that I had seen enough of the game to rate it properly. My guess is that my score is likely to go up rather than down. Paid full price on game for the black edition. And the crunch point, would I buy it again knowing what I know now .....  yes.