Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

NickBob said:
I completely understand why the interior view is blurred out, but why are the mirrors and dials blurred out as well? To me that really does defeat the point of adding the interior view in the first place. Other than that though I am loving this game, I think the structure of career mode is excellent and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I hope Codemasters can bring a few decent updates/DLC before moving off to the world of 'next-gen'.

And I don't understand the blurring out of the cockpit. In this day and age of powerful PC's & consoles this kind of thing is totally unacceptable and there is absolutely no excuse or place for it, the visuals look like they come from 2010. No doubt about it, the games engine is in dire need of upgrading or replacing altogether

Even if this was mentioned in this thread and several others, this can't be stressed enough.
This game needs a proper rear view mirror!
The cockpit-deblurrer shows, that mirrors are implemented. I don't understand, what person comes to the decision, to do working mirrors and then blur them away. Mirrors are not for show, they have an actual use!
You did a pretty agressive AI and online racing got a lot more closer due to reducing the lag that was present in GRID1. I simply don't want to get surprised by someone hitting me and not being able to react soon enough.
BUT I don't want mirrors that only in cockpit can be seen, if you have the right monitor setup. A proper RV-Mirror, top-centered, like in every racing game and for every perspective. This can't be hard to do and performance shouldn't be a problem, as mirrors are obviously present in the game already.

@dirt3joe

Helicam should make an appearance during replays.

Regarding losing gears, are you saying you're losing the gears even when not running full damage? 

Loore said:
@dirt3joe

Helicam should make an appearance during replays.

Regarding losing gears, are you saying you're losing the gears even when not running full damage? 
No I was running damage, but the car did not have any damage indicated, last lap on a 10 lap race (custom cup). PS3, controller. Medium AI, 20 minute practice set beforehand. Openwheeler, can't remember the car, blue one I think. Instanbul, full GP track. As much detail as I remember. I tried it again to reconfirm and it did the same thing. Gear 5 disappears, Car switches from 4 to 6 gear. I think it happened at the end of practice as well. I repeated it again to make sure. Tonight I will try and confirm all details.

Loving it, so much better then the old grids, start to head back towards the Toca days which is awesome!

Having put around 30 hours into it already I have started noticing a few things.

The major one that got me is it feels like every single car in the game has toe out in the rear, ie: the minute you lose traction the car becomes very 'loose' in the back, this was especially noticeable in the drifting.

Thankfully I got the PC version, so I went digging and with a little help from google found out that there have been guys using a nifty little program to change there car setups in the F1 and Dirt series games.

It appears GAS uses the exact same engine (even found a whole heap of dirt related stuff when I was digging) and therefore is relatively easy to change the car settings :)

So far I have found just a touch of toe in on the rear (0.05) makes all the cars I have tried so far much more enjoyable to drive, especially the drift cars which are much more controllable now.

Big props to the games engine, there is so much more in there that nobody ever sees, and I hope for the next iteration you open it all up for everyone.

The game as it is is awesome, but if you give everybody options, it could be so much better aswell! 

The only other thing that really bugged me is the AI drivers are very loose, but I'm hoping these small changes to the cars I am doing will fix that too :)

more bugs:PS3:

Shadows flickering/disappearing on tracks. Especially in destruction derby track, bathurst.
Looks awful and this did not happen in Grid 2 on these tracks.

When in time attack, you are given a list of the competitors, all of them appear in custom cup, and you are given a position, however as soon as on the racetrack, you appear straight away in a different position. Also when you finish your 3 laps you are given your final position, but surely the other drivers need to finish their 3 laps.

Time attack mode on racnet challenges, the list before you enter the track, has drivers 1-7, then you as11 but the rest of the list is missing. This does not happen in off line modes.

Racenet challenges, it would be nice when finishing the race and after your awards to be able to be put back in the paddock menu, ready to try again, instead of being booted out to the overall challenge menu. Also if you restart after the results page, you don't get any awards, so you have to go through for your awards, then you are taken all the way out!

When awarding xp on the racenet challenges, why don't you when adding the total, add it to your overall xp, that way, the bar that progresses can match the xp being awarded.You do this when awarding money, the money is added up as it is added to your overall amount, it looks much better this way. At the moment, the xp bar increases but you don't know when it is going to stop. It works fine in career mode but not online.

more to follow as I play more.....!

audio settings, dynamic range, if you set this to low, the game appears to forget next time you play. You have to go into the audio settings,and even though it is correctly set to low, it is just the entering of this menu that causes the sound to correct itself.

when certain things have to be saved, the menu goes blank,with 2 white lines and a red line appears for a few seconds while things are saved.This makes the UI look poor, it would be better to stay on the menu you are in, then save, once the save is finished, return back to the higher menu. Try it in the paddock vehicle upgrades, apply the upgrades and then back out, the ui looks awful while the options are saved.

I finished that first race on Hockenheim with a big smile on my face, great job Codemasters!

The only thing I'm not too keen on is the massive amount of layouts for the tracks, it can get a bit confusing, and I find some don't really work that well in reverse, like Bathurst and Red Bull Ring. But I'm struggling to find something to complain about so far :)

Yeah I agreeas with the reverse tracks it's just a case of learning and getting practice on them I'm loving it as well at the moment.

Gearbox has no damage indicator, but if you ask your engineer it will tell you it is damaged. Maybe you just downshift to early (as i tend to do :) ). Or it is genuin bug, hard to tell.

I've found the AI pretty good (playing on very hard).

They are a bit chaotic at the start of the race, but once they find their rhythm they are good competition, I have been nudged off a couple of times by them trying to make an ambitious dive, but that does happen in real racing too lol.

If you follow normal racing rules they are pretty damn good, if you know they are trying to overtake, then block the inside line, if you don't chances are they are going to go for the overtake, and if you don't give them space, you are going to get hit.

My only issue with them is they are very slide happy lol.

Loore just a quaestion! How many custom cars can you have?? so guys told me about there is limitation about that.. :( i want to buy as many cars as i can ( why not all of them ) plus i did not find selection to get Jupiter and to make custom livery for that! is it impossible?? If it is not, pleaase add unlimited number of custom cars or the 80% of total cars of the game for example ( this will grow the life of the game in online mode as players will play more and more to get more money  to get more cars) and add the possibility we make our custom liveries for Jupiter with any upcoming patch or update...Dont you forget control settings option for gamepads L-) ... Thanks! 

Ive mentioned this elsewhere but want to mention it again now that im a little further in to playing this game.

My main two points of feedback that are negative are

1] The engine sound of the car you are driving is often drowned out by exhaust sounds of cars a wee way away. Plenty of times i loose sight of my engine revs and end up in the wrong gear, bogged down or over revving like hell

2] on about 5 occasions ive been in a server that has ai backfilling yet some of the ai never start the race, they just sit on the grid for the duration. Every time ive seen this the server cannot progress past the end of race results screen.
The results screen shows dashes in place of the non-starting ai for their laptime etc.
The only way out of this, is to quit.

On a more positive note, the grafix are cool. the touring cars are cool, the physics seems great and the online lobby system is.....ok well it aint that great but its passable.

Thorinbur said:
Gearbox has no damage indicator, but if you ask your engineer it will tell you it is damaged. Maybe you just downshift to early (as i tend to do :) ). Or it is genuin bug, hard to tell.
Maybe this is the problem I have, the box is damaged and it isn't showing. But I use the auto box ... I will check.

You are right, could be a bug, my software guys would describe this as a "feature" !

Played about 9 hours so far.

Generally like it but...

The AI is appalling.  It's like every other car is being driven by Pastor Maldonado.

Racing is a non-contact sport!  Touring cars I can understand a bit of barging and it works reasonably well there but in other categories it's a joke.  I've lost count of how many times other cars have just bashed me from behind or driven into me because I happen to be where they want to be.  Time and again cars have closed up behind me and then just smash into me repeatedly trying to get past rather than trying to make a clean move.  Often I'll end up bashed off the track through no fault of my own and have to use a replay - then I use them all up and get bashed off again and my race is over.

Total joke and needs fixing badly.

The game is fantastic. Your best driving game since TOCA 3. However, from the second day of release (i predownloaded for the 27th) I started getting disconnected from online games. In the waiting room and in the races, yet I had no issues on the release day. It's driving me insane.....HELP!

Wilkinson said:
Just a little problem my friends and i found, i have 2 mates that we race the formula c with and we bought have bought them and done liveries and tuning with and we were all up to level 26-30 when BOTH my mates levels went back down to 1, they noticed it when they went to change there livery, @Loore‌ is this a glitch? And has anyone else had this problem? Still an awsome game
Wow. This is a HUGE flaw if it's true @Loore. Especially considering how long it takes in MP to even get to the point you can even buy a car. 

Don't really need Team Engineer telling me every time someone (Teammate or Rival) hits the wall as crashing unless they crash out completely. 

Don't really need Team Engineer telling me every time someone (Teammate or Rival) hits the wall as crashing unless they crash out completely. 
Agreed. I also don't need to hear that I get a extra point for qualifying first, or that Nathan McKane will be replaying that race over and over again.
To be honest, the radio comms falls flat and is a real missed opportunity. 

Major bug on PS3, not sure on other platforms.

When doing the racenet challenges, the difficulty is automatically set to custom to ensure no flashbacks are used etc and certain options cannot be altered. Seems fair so that everyone has a level playing field for the leaderboards.

HOWEVER, these settings overwrite the difficulty settings in career mode and single player custom cup!!!!.

So if you do the demolition derby challenge and don't even set anything in the difficulty option, when you return back to your single player modes, the difficulty has been set to custom with no flashbacks etc and all of your other settings have been altered to match those ones forced on you in the racenet challenges!

I cannot believe all these annoying bugs have remained in the retail version!!!!
I have had the game only a couple of days and already I have a large list of bugs!!

Any chance of becoming a tester for codemasters. Just send me a disc, let me have a week with it or so and you will be able to  make your games with a few less tiresome bugs!!!!

Cannot believe the lack of testing on such simple things! They are easy to pick up just by navigating the menus etc. Did you not have that as part of your testing. If they have not tested these things out correctly, god help the stuff we cannot see!

A bit disappointed in codemasters that a lot of these bugs have been missed!

To add to the radio I don't need to hear "we really need great finish to get o good race on second lap out of 18. and than each subsequent one. Just give me a lap, and a split to guy in front/behind.

Cannot believe the lack of testing on such simple things! They are easy to pick up just by navigating the menus etc. Did you not have that as part of your testing. If they have not tested these things out correctly, god help the stuff we cannot see!

A bit disappointed in codemasters that a lot of these bugs have been missed!
http://blog.codemasters.com/careers/01/qa-technicians-southam/ :)

Regarding the difficulty carrying over from RaceNet Challenge, I'll relay what you've said back to the team :)

I'd like to work for Codies, but I'd get sick of people bi*ching about the quality of my work. Haha.