Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

On the whole a very good game...been at it for about 10 hours, I dislike having to  use the hub  so shift lights would help, I can't see the point in having aircraft or choppers flying overhead but that's just my point of view I've been roughed up  many times by the Ai  So sometimes it's better to use your head than dive bomb them down the inside of a corner...This more like TOCA 1&2 which where all time greats

lil bit more feedback.....not necessarily negative, but needs a tweak for sure i would say.

damage repair costs...they are far too high....they keep you skint and unable to repair your car fully.

well, thats the way ive seen it.....to the point, where im now using a loaner car to earn some more serious cash and build a wee buffer so i can fix my own car and go racing tip-top.

by the way, the repair charges remain astronomical even for a clean race....no wall hits, no trading paint....so maybe just an over-rev or two....and maybe some brake disc and suspension wear.

just now i ran a session with some buds, started with a 100% car [touring cruze] ran 1 race of 3 laps at somewhere like algarve....the car is now down to 78% on all three categories, yet i just had a clean race.

The earnings im making from the game and races does not cover a race worth of this minor [but over priced] repair work imo.

from memory i think the damage repairwork cost something like 50k, and race earnings were 28k ish

anyone else see this kinda thing?

Goonertez said:
lil bit more feedback.....not necessarily negative, but needs a tweak for sure i would say.

damage repair costs...they are far too high....they keep you skint and unable to repair your car fully.

well, thats the way ive seen it.....to the point, where im now using a loaner car to earn some more serious cash and build a wee buffer so i can fix my own car and go racing tip-top.

by the way, the repair charges remain astronomical even for a clean race....no wall hits, no trading paint....so maybe just an over-rev or two....and maybe some brake disc and suspension wear.

just now i ran a session with some buds, started with a 100% car [touring cruze] ran 1 race of 3 laps at somewhere like algarve....the car is now down to 78% on all three categories, yet i just had a clean race.

The earnings im making from the game and races does not cover a race worth of this minor [but over priced] repair work imo.

from memory i think the damage repairwork cost something like 50k, and race earnings were 28k ish

anyone else see this kinda thing?
Yeah Gooner i have posted about this also

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1149/online-car-upgrades#latest

with another problem, if you buy the exact same car new to keep cost down you loose all your upgrades and have to start again rank 1, its a little silly
:((

10,000-15,000 its costing me now even after a clean race to repair

thats the Cat C touring car..... am i right in saying the more expensive the car the crazier the damage repair is?

Overall a massive improvement on Grid 2 - but still noticed a few minor points that could be better:

Online playlist - touring car - nearly every track is "xxx (reversed)".  I remember a similar issue being raised about Grid 2 and a fix being put in to at least reduce the frequency of reversed layouts - please can the same be done again.

Race engineer - "your rival / team mate is in the middle of the pack" - completely useless in a 16 car race, as this seems to account for any position between 4 and 14.  Just tell me he is in 5th or 10th - I can work out if that is ahead or behind me based on the big number in the corner showing my position.

Changing voice settings on PS3 - if you go into the voice menu on ps3 in the lobby, when you exit, it leaves a ghost option "NONE" in the previous menu (regardless of what voice setting you actually choose)

Repair costs - almost no incentive to use own car as repair costs are frequently higher than race rewards, and drivers in loaners have no penalty for smashing and wrecking other drivers.

re the drivers in loaners having no penalty, thats not exactly true, well on pc anyway, as they still have to foot repair costs [you see it in the deductions / winnings screen.

but the repair costs are A LOT smaller...but i think the winnings are smaller too.

i guess their rating color thing would also be affected.

Wilkinson said:
Just a little problem my friends and i found, i have 2 mates that we race the formula c with and we bought have bought them and done liveries and tuning with and we were all up to level 26-30 when BOTH my mates levels went back down to 1, they noticed it when they went to change there livery, @Loore‌ is this a glitch? And has anyone else had this problem? Still an awsome game
Wow. This is a HUGE flaw if it's true @Loore. Especially considering how long it takes in MP to even get to the point you can even buy a car. 
Yeah im 100% serious with this, has it happened to anyone else? Cause it really does suck, and also @Loore‌ could you tell the guys to make the repair prices lower, or maybe have an option in custom cup to turn car conditioning off? Its a real pain having to spend so much money to repair a car expecially when your car goes to 70% each race or when you do half a lap and retire and it still goes as if you did a full race, and the repair price is say $3,000 each to repair and then if you win you only get around $5,000

So, I have only played career so far. I unlocked and completed the first Grid Series (Grand Slam).
Overall the game is miles better than Grid 2 because of the driving physics, but not quite the polished Grid 1 quality.

What I like
  • Driving physics are more realistic than Grid 2
  • Recently I turned off all HUD components and just rely on asking the race engineer what my position is, race status, etc. Everyone should try a race or two like this. It is really enjoyable to interact with the game in another way. I can focus on the track and my car, instead of staring at the clock, track map, etc.
    • Dislike: However when racing this way, using the in car view would be optimal. Without working mirrors, I am forced to use third person view so I can see around the car.
  • Camera shake level setting. I like mine at 30%.
  • Race length multiplier option.

What I dislike
  • Too many cars have hard to manage over-steer. When using a controller, it is easy to flick the joystick and produce over-steer. I had a tough time using the Aston Martin N24 V12 ZAGATO in the EBC brakes endurance championship. At the end of the standard 8 min race, the rear tires were down to 5% and was struggling to keep it on track. Awful to drive. I understand some cars should/have more than others, but I thought it was a little extreme.
  • AI is too aggressive and don't react to player collisions. Many occasions they have ran me off the road and crash into me in order to stick to the racing line. More importantly when I rear end a guy going fast, they should be launched forward, but instead I grind to a halt.
  • As mentioned above, non working in car view mirrors. I don't mind the blurred cockpit, but give us working mirrors.
  • Minor dislike: Menu system is boring and somewhat annoying to navigate.

Possible Bug / config issue:

Audio sound is played during qualifying without displaying the time. To replicate, set all of the HUD components OFF in the gameplay settings, but leave the "Entire HUD" option ON in the difficulty settings. What you get is the equivalent to entire HUD off but no XP bonus and the audio clip playing without a displayed time.

Loggy said:
Britpoint said:
If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)
I have tried bashing random keys on the kb to find # 6, # 17, etc but no luck so far, enter and back does enough to play the game but it would be good to see deeper through some menu's.
I'm at work atm so cant try but later Ill try every key on kb to see if there is some function.
Same here, cant find some button equivalents on the keyboard.

can someone from codemasters tell us what are all the keyboard equivalent keymappings are [even if theyre not re-mappable]

@Britpoint mebbbe?

Loore said:

Cannot believe the lack of testing on such simple things! They are easy to pick up just by navigating the menus etc. Did you not have that as part of your testing. If they have not tested these things out correctly, god help the stuff we cannot see!

A bit disappointed in codemasters that a lot of these bugs have been missed!
http://blog.codemasters.com/careers/01/qa-technicians-southam/ :)

Regarding the difficulty carrying over from RaceNet Challenge, I'll relay what you've said back to the team :)
Will you please relay all the other points back to the team for inclusion in a forthcoming patch?
Will the bugs mentioned on this thread actually be fixed? I hope so!
I noticed that the pc and xbox have already had a day 1 patch.
Is that patch due for the ps3 soon?
Also are time trials in the pipeline? And what format will they take? Every car on every track has a leaderboard?
It would be nice to get the leaderboards fully working, at the moment in racenet, you can only see the 20 above and the 20 above you!

Probably been mentions but the earned vs repair bill should be tweaked. 
Its possible to drive perfectly clean and still end up in minus.

Add options to play list that can prevent new racers to be put in hypercar races(which again lead sot huge money loss). IE make a low tier, high tier and all setting in play list.

Separate the assist option in create match to make it possible to enable abs/tc while disabling steering/breaking/line assist

Tweak region lock when searching for matches to improve hit rate for matches. Regions should be europe, north america, south america, central asia, east asia etc.

Theres a bug when the host leaves before race ends the game stops on the finished screen.

Add a possibility to copy liveries from one class to another and even between friends. I know you can use the racing club option but sometimes you actually want different liveries for different cars/classes.
And racing club livery isnt editable for other than the creator. 

Separate sponsors from liveries. Today racing club/saved livery enforces sponsors as well. Seeing that many sponsors are class/race spesific using racing club livery becomes a bad option.
Also since sponsors are unlocked players in the same racing club may or may not have access to sponsors put on the racing club livery.
Make a show unlocked sponsors only options.
Make a sponsor template for each racetype/car class

Racing club tag doesnt always show in-game.

Racenet feedback:
Add possibility to edit tag and name(can still enforce unique names) of racing club.
Allow lower case letters in tag and name.
Add possibility to upload custom crests

Goonertez said:
Loggy said:
Britpoint said:
If you have a keyboard plugged in along with your wheel, the keyboard should still function for all the GUI stuff. So ESC to pause/go back, ENTER to select, arrow keys for navigation, F1/F2 correspond to what would be the 'X' and 'Y' buttons on a 360 controller.

Definitely hear what you're saying, that you'd like to be able to see these and remap them on keyboard while your wheels are plugged in. But hopefully if you're struggling with functionality that will help you out a bit! :)
I have tried bashing random keys on the kb to find # 6, # 17, etc but no luck so far, enter and back does enough to play the game but it would be good to see deeper through some menu's.
I'm at work atm so cant try but later Ill try every key on kb to see if there is some function.
Same here, cant find some button equivalents on the keyboard.

can someone from codemasters tell us what are all the keyboard equivalent keymappings are [even if theyre not re-mappable]

@Britpoint mebbbe?
I did find that f1 and f2 do somethings,  (choose livery) sometimes :), and Gooner i found an Ai sound setting thingy in the audio settings menu, I set it to 50% but have only been online since so didnt check the difference.

MarkVenom said:
RTA said:
Too much negativity towards Autosport so far from what I've seen. I personally think this game is great. Absolutely loving the Touring side of it. Having a blast on my PS3 with my G27 wheel. 
yeah I've not played the game yet so can't speak from first hand experience but I think some of it's been a little unnecessary given the short turnaround CM have had to create this game.
Is that so? Grid2 was a blunder of a game. Drove nice enough but the game around it was almost non-existent. Not what was expected. Now they "fix" it and charge owners of Grid2 again AAA dollars? I find this ludicrous and wrong. I maybe buy F1 2014 but only if I get a PROPER 14-day trial demo that is unlocked. If not - no cash from me. And Grid-Autosport I will give a miss because of the above reasons. I find CM really unethical. Only topped by EA tbh.
Come on guys, seriously, yes the game has flaws, but can you honestly tell me one single game that doesn't have flaws that can't be picked on release? Also, steam offered GRID 2 users who pre-ordered a discount, dirt showdown for free, and the 'new' GA for a pretty reasonable price. EA charge nearly double with no discount and no free game! I personally think CM have done an amazing job, yes there is flaws, and every feature is not to everyone's, but the game is superbly fun to play. And isn't that the point of a game in the first place.

BTW I am in no way a CM fan-boy, as I personally though GRID 2 was an absolute disgrace. But to be fair, most releases are top notch in the fun category, F1, TOCA and GRID all have strong offerings. Perhaps people should stop finding flaws and dislikes, and enjoy what is already here, and maybe provide real feedback like bugs and features to be added etc.

Just my ten pence worth...

MarkVenom said:
RTA said:
Too much negativity towards Autosport so far from what I've seen. I personally think this game is great. Absolutely loving the Touring side of it. Having a blast on my PS3 with my G27 wheel. 
yeah I've not played the game yet so can't speak from first hand experience but I think some of it's been a little unnecessary given the short turnaround CM have had to create this game.
Is that so? Grid2 was a blunder of a game. Drove nice enough but the game around it was almost non-existent. Not what was expected. Now they "fix" it and charge owners of Grid2 again AAA dollars? I find this ludicrous and wrong. I maybe buy F1 2014 but only if I get a PROPER 14-day trial demo that is unlocked. If not - no cash from me. And Grid-Autosport I will give a miss because of the above reasons. I find CM really unethical. Only topped by EA tbh.
The "Drove nice enough" comment says it all, Sorry but Grid 2 was utter pants, so was Dirt Showdown. CM tried a change of direction and it failed to take off..

We TOCA/GRID/CMR fans gave them such a had time over this that they actually listened to us and GAS is the response. When you ever heard of EA answering a question let alone fixing one? they leave that entirely to the community at large.....

Sorry but I give credit to the people who ARE willing to say "Sorry people we screwed the pooch on this, here's what you say you actually wanted". unlike EA's typical attitude of "How sad, to bad, we got your money and we're in the pub!".

As for AAA prices? GAS @ £26.99 if you own Grid 2 (£29.99 if not) plus £22.99 for all 8 DLC's a total of around £50. Now compare that to BF4 Premium £90+ (when I bought it now £69,98) with 5 DLC's? THAT'S ludicrous pricing.

So you think that the CM Staff shouldn't get paid for their efforts to create a new game? If it upsets you so badly vote with your wallet dude...
Yeah Grid 2 was nothing more than a glorified NFS game without the police chases really.
Grid 2's handling model apart from the 'faster to drift through corners mechanics' was still in a different league to any NFS game I've ever played. Dirt Showdown would be a better comparison.
I agree. Grid 2's system was a nice 'easy to learn, hard to master'. I enjoyed every second of Grid 2, it was nice to play a game that didn't take itself too seriously..

Octoboss said:
P308R said:

7. The cars in the club garage are not shown in the design for that club.

8. Online I struggle a bit to see through. I never know if I am racing for the club or not when changing a discipline or car. I can't seem to figure out where I can see this. HELP :-c
7 . The Club Garage on RaceNet shows the best car from each member of that Club.

8. You race for your RaceNet Club whenever you wear your Club livery in a multiplayer race. You can only apply that livery to cars you own - so you will only be racing for your club in your own vehicles. If you're struggling to afford cars, I'd reccommend starting with open wheel (surprisingly cheap) or Cat A touring cars (cheaper than Cat B or C)

Your cars are very expensive. Considering the cash you get per race (sometimes is takes some away  if someone rams you, which happens all the time in public lobbies) the cars are basically unaffordable. I highly recommend that you drastically lower the prices or allow people to actually buy cars with MS cash (at a low price and in groups). I know you are trying to get people to play, but it's really having the opposite effect. And people can't take advantage of the full game features otherwise.

I have a little problem that I would like an answer to.  I have looked everywhere since I installed the game to my Xbox 360 for my Career Total of In Game Credits so that I can Buy Cars but cannot find it showing up anywhere.  What have I ben doing wrong or is it when you can buy the car in the garage?

Chat!!!1111oneone and spectator mode.
The only 1 trully need option coz with 3 online session we need waiting for end of race, and voting, and loading, and setting up and only after all this 10 min of waiting without communication i race 5 minutes with bots, coz ppl without communication = bots.
Search filter useless, coz nothing to search, I cant find touring without flashbacks. Its stupid.
Its region separated or not? Steamdb says 800-1000 ingame, i do not believe only 3 session online.

ps My message at 12:00 appear 2 days after pressing button "Post Comment" lol. Buggy forum.

online playlist sucks. every race someone is crashing into your loan car and you are loosing money.
on indiduell cups you must drive only one car so long to level it up, no place in garage and if you sell this car your level is gone !

i dont like the multiplayer yet.
codies pls do something like "all cars in garage" DLC

Thanks for the game Loore, BigLee, Britpoint and everyone involved :)

Racing is back!

Bye bye GT6 :p

Anyways, my multiplayer feedback (based on couple of hours):

- Option to vote against kick vote. I feel very bad if i see a fast & fair player being kicked out, and i can do nothing about it.

- Playlists consisting of more than 1 race at a time. Loore you said once it works like that - no more: race/lobby/race/lobby. We were supposed to have more races at once. 

- less reverse layouts and more classic versions of given location.

AHAHHAA FLOW I SAW YOU TODAY  to play some hours GAS ..i am glad you like it.... 
i have no problem with reverse layouts intead of it i played in batheust , branch hatch , hockenhaim and i find them very good..  dint you forget GAS is not a full simulator... so i am happy with reverse layouts...what i would like is night option in city tracks...

I have noting vs reverse too, but so far i done only SPA or Bathurst i've done has been reverse. Just once i played full BH circuit right way.

i played SPA night reverse and was like an other track...the game has so much content and many combination about cars - tracks in online that i love it !  :x

I have just started GRID Autosport and found that it doesnt recognise my Fanatec CSR, just shows as a Microsoft Racing wheel same as everyone else. The problem being, if i select manual sequential, the assigned buttons are wrong for the shifters. i cant shift up or down. When i try to edit the controls, ive found using left/right shifters only bring up "A" as selected. There is NO MAPPING FOR LB/RB WHATSOEVER!! What is going on.? I cant use manual gears because of this which is ridiculous! There is NO button on the wheel mapped to LB or RB whatsoever. The shifters just show as "A"? What am i doing wrong here has anyone else found this problem. Im running a CSR with firmware 756..

I have just started GRID Autosport and found that it doesnt recognise my Fanatec CSR, just shows as a Microsoft Racing wheel same as everyone else. The problem being, if i select manual sequential, the assigned buttons are wrong for the shifters. i cant shift up or down. When i try to edit the controls, ive found using left/right shifters only bring up "A" as selected. There is NO MAPPING FOR LB/RB WHATSOEVER!! What is going on.? I cant use manual gears because of this which is ridiculous! There is NO button on the wheel mapped to LB or RB whatsoever. The shifters just show as "A"? What am i doing wrong here has anyone else found this problem. Im running a CSR with firmware 756..
Check out this post from another thread, this sounds like the same thing.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/21451/#Comment_21451

Ok so I'm finding the AI to be a tad too easy on Very Hard. It also apprears that drifting scores are scaled to what you get if you get above their default score for the difficulty. In the Oakley car I won scoring 2.8mil at most. In the Razor car I could score 3.5 mil and the AI jumped to 3.0mil~ however in the semi finals I messed up both runs and scored 2.8mil again. I thought I was done but no the AI were all down to 2.6-2.8mil then back up to 3.0mil when I won the finals with 3.5mil. It took me the ten minute practice session to tune and win on very hard. The time attacks I placed 9th in muscle and 5 in tuner in the Oakley cars. I only got to do the muscle in the Razor car and won that event. So that's about 20min of practice and tune and 8 race laps to win on very hard. Can you guys add an extreme difficulty or something. I'm playing with all assists off locked to interior full damage no flashbacks and no HUD. It should be harder than that. Also could you get the split difference command to work in time attack to tell you your lap time differences to the next car? I'll post more when I get a chance to run with my MS wheel see how that goes. I do like the handleing and physics it feels like I can put the car where I want it and run all the way out to the grassline without going over.