Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Feedback

Britpoint said:

I have just started GRID Autosport and found that it doesnt recognise my Fanatec CSR, just shows as a Microsoft Racing wheel same as everyone else. The problem being, if i select manual sequential, the assigned buttons are wrong for the shifters. i cant shift up or down. When i try to edit the controls, ive found using left/right shifters only bring up "A" as selected. There is NO MAPPING FOR LB/RB WHATSOEVER!! What is going on.? I cant use manual gears because of this which is ridiculous! There is NO button on the wheel mapped to LB or RB whatsoever. The shifters just show as "A"? What am i doing wrong here has anyone else found this problem. Im running a CSR with firmware 756..
Check out this post from another thread, this sounds like the same thing.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/21451/#Comment_21451
thankyou very much kind sir, that was exactly the problem. Had autoclutch on without realising it.. much appreciated!

I liked the game but I don't like the fact of being almost alone in multiplayer + blurred cockpits, grid 1 was better on certain aspects but in the overall review i will say this game is a 6.3/10 on ps3

dirt3joe said:
Thorinbur said:
Gearbox has no damage indicator, but if you ask your engineer it will tell you it is damaged. Maybe you just downshift to early (as i tend to do :) ). Or it is genuin bug, hard to tell.
Maybe this is the problem I have, the box is damaged and it isn't showing. But I use the auto box ... I will check.

You are right, could be a bug, my software guys would describe this as a "feature" !
@Loore

OK I understand this now. Basically the problem is as Thorinbur describes. The gearbox gets damaged, but because there is no damage indicator for the gearbox, you cannot tell it is damaged, except by asking on the pit radio. 

One more point is when the gearbox is damaged, it gets damaged towards the end of the practice run (20 mins) on an automatic gearbox. In other words on an automatic gearbox for 10 laps of Istanbul GP circuit on the Openwheelers, the gearbox will always be damaged by lap 10. This doesn't feel quite right to me. If the auto gearbox shifting cannot go more than 10 laps without damage, how can a manual shift be expected to ? It would be nice to have some clues on what actually damages the gearbox...is it just shifting or does overrevving do it ?

Re the damage indicators, I also find it a bit strange that when you burst a tyre this is not shown on the damage indicator section. I understand that the real point of this is to show tyre wear on endurance, but it seems a bit silly not to use it to show when you are running on wheel rims as well.

All this was on PS3.

AI in online sometimes goes buggy.
No one see AI at start and during race. 
And they appear after race ends. 
So ppl need wait for them or leave.

I don't think the force feedback is up to Codemasters usual standards, at least with my DFGT.  You (I) only have to try Dirt 3 or Grid 2 to see compared to those, Autosport feedback feels very lazy and unfocused, with much of the 'slip' effects completely absent or vague at best.  Main gripe at the minute.

I'll also put out another shout for the lack of lobby chat, and lap countdown for online races in progress.  Also you can start a race, retire, and are then given the option to spectate, so this must be technically possible in the lobby too?.

In online endurance events, my HUD shows up after the race starts. Hard to get a good, smooth start when I can't see my RPMs. Also the livery load times are super slow when scrolling through the list as you pick your car online.

So far I have been really let down by it. I swear if I hear the crew chief say my opponent will be playing that over and over I am gonna scream! I really expected more. The lack of setup options sucks. At first I thought the AI IN The game was pretty cool but that got old fast. Seriously! No driver is going to cut clear across a lane to throw you a block going into a turn. I spend more time fixing my car than I do racing. Buying cars? Forget about it. You can't earn enough in single player to buy any cars and the choices suck anyway. I refuse to play the multiplayer side of the game because all of the crash happy kiddies take the race out of racing. The lack of setup control, lack of ability to buy and set up cars and other half thought out options will have me taking this back to the store to trade in soon. I should have learned after Grid 2. Codie's you need to stick with Formula 1 games because it seems like that is the only thing you can get right.

Well, I have Thrustmaster T 500 RS wheel, and it feels like I am driving the boat on the lake. I tried all kinds of adjustments (on the wheel, and in the game) and nothing . . . .The wheel is on 720 degrees, and with the latest 4.1 firmware update, which is by the way PERFECT for Dirt 1 and 2, and for Need For Speed Shift 1 and 2, so I am very VERY disappointed with the handling, so I gave up playing, because of frustration . . .Any advice or words of wisdom

Ninoslav said:
Well, I have Thrustmaster T 500 RS wheel, and it feels like I am driving the boat on the lake. I tried all kinds of adjustments (on the wheel, and in the game) and nothing . . . .The wheel is on 720 degrees, and with the latest 4.1 firmware update, which is by the way PERFECT for Dirt 1 and 2, and for Need For Speed Shift 1 and 2, so I am very VERY disappointed with the handling, so I gave up playing, because of frustration . . .Any advice or words of wisdom
A lot of people who normally use larger degrees of rotation are saying it helps a lot if you dial it down to around 270.  This can possibly be explained by the fact the wheel support in this title feels like an after thought, and merely emulating a gamepad controller (compared to Codemasters usual standards).

Well, here are my thoughts....
What most of you guys seem to misunderstand is that Codemasters didn't create a full driving Sim. This game is a cross between arcade and sim. Give you a taste of different types of car. You expect the cars to handle like Assetto Corsa. If you want to be real, get a full sim game and drive there.
I run my own online Sim League, so I know what I'm talking about. The game is what it is and I think the makers have done a fairly good job that gives you some fun but won't push you to the limit like real Sim racing would.
Thumbs up Codies for a Arcade game that gives the driver a bit extra.
There will always be people that moan about everything. Wanna drive a full Sim? Then get one and stop moaning about everything. You don't know it all, even if you think you do.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game however I preferred the singleplayer style of Racedriver Grid where you could buy your own cars, run your own team etc. Regardless of that it's still a fantastic game imo

my feedback is...

WHERE IS THE FORCE FEEDBACK? Game is ruined, the fact the i got a corrupted save  that already made me lost 250 races of earning is just a plus.

REALLY? WHERE IS THE FORCE FEEDBACK? Grid2 Force feedback was GREAT can it be THAT HARD to press ctrl+C / Ctrl+V ???

• Now that i went deeper in the game i must admit that is a good game very well made, i now appreciate the car handling! 
  • 1. I dislike the fact that i can't have my own team with a custom livery and selection of sponsor, i know there is in multi but that's different! I would have more fictional liveries and real too!
  • 2.I don't understand why you have proposed again the street discipline, ok it's fun but i think in my opinion useless because what i want is a race car not a simple sport car! We should  have had instead more Touring cars;Endurance and SUPER modified cars to race simply in street tracks, much much better i'm sure everyone would agree with me!( In advance please no mistakes with dlc)
  • 3.About multiplayer i can't tolerate peolpe with aggressive behavior, i was first and a dude didn't brake and crashed hard in my rear, i went off track he won me second! In this case it's necessary a penalty immediately or for example at the end of the race a swap finish place at least!!! it also needs to be fix the fact that people who lost a tyre they can drive with only alloys on straights as fast as the others!!!
  • 4.I saw a general aliasing especially on the body of the cars and when you have a close camera view, looking at shadows and tyres alloys in replay you can see a blur effect like in DIRT 3.
  • 5. Is possible to have light/heavy rain on tracks and also 20/24 cars on track for touring car?? would be an awesome carnage! I really hope to receive an answer from codemasters please! 

@Loore

Please do something about track randomization in playlists. Almost only reverse or alternative versions of tracks pop-out. I want to choose from original layouts more. And within every class there are always limited number of same tracks.

Some improvements that I think should really be fixed to help the game! Playing on Xbox 360.
  • More diversity in tracks with the online playlists (and include Red Bull Ring!)
  • Better RaceNet functionality, instead of having to send potential recruits to the website, just send them an invite to your club in-game.
  • Ability to see what category is used for the circuits in the circuit voting screen.
  • Bug? Or huge amount of durability on cars you have owned needs reducing, I'm losing money just trying to keep my Formula B car in a decent spec because it loses 15% per race at the moment.
That's everything off the top of my head right now, if there's anything else I'll add it later haha :D

How do you get the [***] club letters to come up before my name online ?

I own 5 cars and they all have the club skin on . . .
~O)

~O)
They should appear in front of your name when you are driving a car you own. If it's a loaner, the club letters will not be there.

Ok so I have been helping @Dinamo38 with a corrupt save file issue. I tried to re-create this issue using his information that he sent (Windows OS and specs etc), what I found was that if the game closes or crashes unexpectedly during either a load or a save sequence, it WILL corrupt the save data on Windows 8 & 8.1. What was interesting was it did not do so on Windows 7!

So I investigated more, and upon examining the corrupted save file that I now had, it appeared that what had happened was that when the game closed unexpectedly, the save file was overwritten in places with 0 bytes! This was caused by the Windows SmartScreen technology within Windows 8 and 8.1. (I won't go into too much detail here as to how I know this, as it would make a rather lengthy post!)

So I then proceeded to disable this SmartScreen via the services panel within Windows. I then re-created the crash scenarios and exits etc, and to very little surprise, the save files were totally intact! So there is a minor fix.

@Loore maybe this needs to be worked on as many people have moved to this newer operating system, and many people will want to leave SmartScreen on. So whilst it is a small workaround, perhaps the Dev team can look into this rather annoying bug that is causing peoples careers to become corrupted. I of course can always forward my findings onto you upon request.

All the best guys,

BioShocker

Bob422 said:

~O)
They should appear in front of your name when you are driving a car you own. If it's a loaner, the club letters will not be there

Oh, I was in one of my cars . . .but no  club thingy, must be a, "now you see it, now you don't", kinda bug . . .cup of tea ?

~O)

Edit: just thought, I didn't have the club livery on when I was racing . .although it's a pity the club thingy isn't there all of the time, with loaners and cars owned . .

I think the only thing I would change is in the street discipline it would have been nice to have qualifying for round 1 of the championship even if the remaining races were sorted by championship order.

Bob422 said:

~O)
They should appear in front of your name when you are driving a car you own. If it's a loaner, the club letters will not be there

Oh, I was in one of my cars . . .but no  club thingy, must be a, "now you see it, now you don't", kinda bug . . .cup of tea ?

~O)

Edit: just thought, I didn't have the club livery on when I was racing . .although it's a pity the club thingy isn't there all of the time, with loaners and cars owned . .

Yup, you got it. The club letters only appear when you race a car you own and has the club livery on it.

@Loore‌ i think ive found a little glitch/bug, im in custom cup on the ps3 in the V8 supercars at bathurst, and i put my brake bias +20 to the rear and was locking up my fronts, so i thought hang on i might put the brakes all the way to the "rear" and then went back out on track and i had both fronts locked up big time into turn one, so i turned the bias to the "front" and yep you guessed it i locked the rears haha i was slamming on the brakes to actually test it but yeah could you tell the guess that they will have to re do the brake bias :) absolute ripper of a game by the way! :D

1. Colors.
    When i try to install the same color in different slots livery, i should determine to the eye as the colors match. What i want suggest: front of the color bar to set a certain number as on screens.
Now: 
What i want: 
2. Flashback.
    Why flashback does not look like the Race Driver: Grid or Dirt 2, 3, Showdown?
    And flashbaсk is not working quite right.Before using my car wasn't damaged after the use damage appeared.
3. Clubs livery.
    Why i cant to set my personal sponsors in my car with club livery?
4. Menu.
    Why car's engine work in menu, therefore car is shaking. And i want to turn off car light. And make a lighter around the car.
5. Spectators on the track.
    In graphic options i can disable spectatops, but i listen shouts from the tribunes on the track.
6. Remains car bumpers, spoilers, hoods and etc.
    They are lying, or what is more surprising to soar above the track. It would be nice, if they say disappeared after one lap of race.

7. Ingame cash.
    I think that too little money is paid for participation in the race.
8. No collision mode.
    When my friends want to find out who the best racer, we turn off the collision. But starting grid still works. ie my friend can come first, and I'm on the twelfth. Is not sports.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English and thanks for reading.

I wonder why i got the achievement to have completed a 5 event split screen competition but i didn't get the "sofa so good" cheevo??! Am i doing something wrong? (Xbox)