Jump to content Jump to content

New Austria bump in turn 2?

• A detailed description of the issue.

In Austria (time trial, dry) I discovered a new bump in turn 2 which was not in place in F1 2020. It's a bit annoying and feels hard, is it by design? Didn't discover the bump on hotlaps of this year Austrian GPs. 

• Report Code

SHHE-AXMK-VDTG-BASC

• Platform?

PS5

• Game-mode?

Time Trial, dry

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Completed several laps, it's always in place

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

0:05:

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Time Trial, Austria, dry. Reach turn 2. 

Edited by steviejay69
title - it's cross platform and not PS5 specific
  • Agree 2

Have this same issue on xbox too.

Is this by design?

I hope not as it wasn’t there last year and doesn’t seem like there is this big of a bump in real life too.

it really upsets the car as seems to go all along the track (I went wide on purpose to see if it was stilll there)

• Agree 2

It’s definately there, i think some mole rat dug under it and pushed it up. It caught me completely off guard the first time. Thought I got launched to the moon or something, but it was just sideways in the barrier unfortunately😑

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Will see if this is present on PC as I raced that track today and did not notice. What is your setup ride height?

Yes, it's definitely there on PC as well, Preset 3 standard ride height.

Its most certainly there on Xbox, thought my wheel had broke when I hit it and that was soft setup too. When alongsidwe another car I got bumped by it into the other car. Needs fixed.

It's not there like that in real life.  Source: I've driven the real track on a track day

Edited by TomAAA
2 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Its most certainly there on Xbox, thought my wheel had broke when I hit it and that was soft setup too. When alongsidwe another car I got bumped by it into the other car. Needs fixed.

It's not there like that in real life.  Source: I've driven the real track on a track day

Another “suzuka bump” story in the making? Will take like… 15 years to take it out?😂 

In the meantime:

LOOK MOMMY, I CAN FLYYYYYYY!😆

26 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I did see somebody else with a similar bump issue on the 1st corner Spain.

You can see it here:

https://youtu.be/RU1F9uhX2T0

That’s called JUSTICE for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Sorry, but if you go that far next to the track, it’s Karma that you’ll get launched into oblivion. The track is the black part between the lines, not over it with almost your whole car just to increase the radius and get higher corner speeds. They don’t use it IRL, so neither should we. 

First designflaw which I agree with. Same goes for bahrain and all other tracks where people “cheat” the actual corner radius. 

they should make this on every track. So extreme it even launches your playstation, xbox or pc with it, so you’ll never do it again. Then watch all the times drop in TT.

and yes I’m deadserious about this. Most tracks you get tracklimits for nothing, but THIS **** is allowed? How’s that not gaining an advantage? Plus next to the track should not even give the same amount of grip as on track. 

Actions like this gain people .2 to .5 or more in seconds gain depending on the track, just think if you can do this in 4 to 5 corners in 1 lap. 

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, AlexTT said:

That’s called JUSTICE for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Sorry, but if you go that far next to the track, it’s Karma that you’ll get launched into oblivion. The track is the black part between the lines, not over it with almost your whole car just to increase the radius and get higher corner speeds. They don’t use it IRL, so neither should we. 

First designflaw which I agree with. Same goes for bahrain and all other tracks where people “cheat” the actual corner radius. 

they should make this on every track. So extreme it even launches your playstation, xbox or pc with it, so you’ll never do it again. Then watch all the times drop in TT.

and yes I’m deadserious about this. Most tracks you get tracklimits for nothing, but THIS **** is allowed? How’s that not gaining an advantage? Plus next to the track should not even give the same amount of grip as on track. 

Actions like this gain people .2 to .5 or more in seconds gain depending on the track, just think if you can do this in 4 to 5 corners in 1 lap. 

The problem is the inconsistency, not the actual launching itself. You can take that exact same line and get no issues 9 times out of 10, but then have it launch you into hyperspace randomly on one lap. If it consistently launches, people won't drive there, but if it's only happening 10% of the time, people may not even know until a crucial lap, like a last quali lap chance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, AlexTT said:

3 hours ago, NinjaElmo said:

The problem is the inconsistency, not the actual launching itself. You can take that exact same line and get no issues 9 times out of 10, but then have it launch you into hyperspace randomly on one lap. If it consistently launches, people won't drive there, but if it's only happening 10% of the time, people may not even know until a crucial lap, like a last quali lap chance.

Yeah it should really happen 10 of 10 because, yes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I don’t care if they build a ramp on those parts, but it simply has to stop beeing able to go this extreme off track without losing grip when braking, getting a massive gain in cornering speed on turn in which also results in a bigger/wider radius which gives so much more advantage through the whole corner and exit speeds. If you go a hair next to another curb it’s insta track limits, but on these essential points where much more advantage can be gained you can go with almost all the car off track. 

it’s these corners which desperately need limits, or a ramp which launches you into hyperspace. These parts must be made so punishing that everybody won’t ever touch them again, and start driving the right way. It’s F1, not WRC or Offroading.

Edited by AlexTT
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I'd be surprised if the 1/10 when there was a different result it wasn't because the car was doing something very slightly different... 

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd be surprised if the 1/10 when there was a different result it wasn't because the car was doing something very slightly different... 

well there’s enough inconsistency in the camera views before you make your own mods so replays don’t always tally with your view at the time

Was in a league race here that bump across the tarmac is an issue, bumps your FFB crazy. Its not there in real life. Was not there last year in game seems to be an issue with that piece of tarmac in game. Maybe when they updated the track in game a 'tear' was created at this piece?

It's a critical point to as you head to the tight corner. In the league race we were side by side and both hit the 'invisible bump' and ended up hitting each other because of it

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
  • steviejay69 changed the title to New Austria bump in turn 2?

It's not just Austria

Jarno Opmeer the top e-sports driver is talking about it at loads of tracks, he thinks its because the car basically falls through the track slightly. here's a link to him in Abu Dhabi 

Edited by TomAAA
3 hours ago, TomAAA said:

It's not just Austria

Jarno Opmeer the top e-sports driver is talking about it at loads of tracks, he thinks its because the car basically falls through the track slightly. here's a link to him in Abu Dhabi 

And basically he's Carlos Sainz too. 0:29-0:30 

See the threads in the discussion area about more info on this, it seems to affect several tracks (Austria, Spain, Monaco, YasMarina Circuit, maybe more), probably all the curbs in question have been reworked for 2021. To quote from the discussion area:

It seems that between track and curb there is a very thin notch, which allows the wheel to "drop into a hole" when perfectly aligned with the center of the wheel. Something is wrong there with the collision calculation between wheel, track and curb. This thread should be moved to the "report issues" section and examined by the devs @BarryBL thank you!

test.jpg

Edited by Schneehase
  • 2 weeks later...