Jump to content Jump to content

Bring back classic cars

Not sure how much they were actually used or if the story has taken there place but the removal of classic car's is a mistake imo. As a official license game there hands are tied with track's unlike game's like pc2 , ride 4 which probably have the 2 best track lists available. So classic car's helped and brought variation to almost the same track's year in year out . Especially this year as first time since I think 2013 we getting a classic track imola which some of those classic car's will actually of raced around . Perfect place to use classic car's at a classic track .....

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

This will probably get moved to the suggestions section but regardless, i'll answer.

If they've taken the effort to actually remove something then putting it back in would be a very unlikely scenario.  I agree it provides variety but I don't think that's an argument that will convince them.

I get that some people liked them but I don't think they were utilised enough for them to justify its continued inclusion.

I would say they was also removed because the license to have them classic cars probably expired and they were to much to renew so they decided to just drop them. If anyone wants to use them they can play F1 2017 to F1 2020. What put me off is that they never used classic drivers instead they used made up names. Also I’d rather have a full season of classic cars instead of just random ones from different years 

• Agree 1

I usually found the experience of driving the classics varying from lame to "heh, that's nice" but there were a couple cars that were indeed a joy to ride. The Brawn one, a couple of Ferraris and McLarens and definitely a RBR, from the top of my head. Those engines were a blast.

It could only be nice if Codies were to disclose the reasons behind the removal as it surely wasn't for nothing. Be it licensing (thus, money) or they needing to give room for whatever addition that was made to this year's installment, I'm honestly ok with it as it is only a matter of booting my F1 2020 to play with that roster again.

It is only if they come back later in form of paid DLC that boy oh boy that would burn a hole in my mouth from the sourness of it all!

Don't bring back classic cars if it's just to put the same old cars in the same old section with the same old features. Like, just keep an older copy of the game on your console/PC if you want that same experience. What is the point now, we've seen it. 

DO bring classic cars back if it's going to be updated and additional to the game, I'd go for paid DLC even, with the ability to have a full grid from one or multiple seasons on tracks that have been designed to be historically accurate, and for good measure a TV broadcast representative of the time and now EA is here, let's dig out some of Murray's old recordings and go all out with it. Perhaps even as an overall tribute package to the man. 

Let me be Jean Alesi goddammit, otherwise don't waste the ******* time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bring classic cars back in a story in future editions. They were nice to look at and take them for a spin but they had no added value to me. Bring them back in a story and I might appreciate them more. 

• Agree 1

Yes I agree they probably weren't done very well . Just a complete mismatch of the top car's from different era's so very difficult to get a good balance of difficulty as the performance difference were second's a lap difference . Unless you ran spec which was just slightly weird looking. Maybe bring a version of them back with some classic tracks...... 

To be honest, I always thought the classic cars were badly made. No original numbers, no original helmets, no original driver suits, no original tyres.

If you could have edited the random named drivers, it would have been much better. and that you could do championships with 5 mclaren and 3 ferraris on the grid was stupid, at least for me.

• Like 1

Yes more you think to how they were maybe they ain't that much of a loss . Hopefully they will reintroduce them with a better balance , classic driver's, etc .

• Like 1

I liked looking at them, but never bothered driving them unless I had too. If I could choose between the cars and other features (like historic tracks) I would choose the later. Classic liveries in pitpass would be better than what they have in there now. 

The stupid thing is that last year we had the classic cars but without the original drivers, this year we have classic drivers but without the cars. It would have been great if at least the appropriate cars had been added to the icon drivers, i.e. Ferrari F2004 with Schumacher, Brawn BGP 001 with Button, Williams FW15C with Prost and so on.

The biggest problem with classic cars is that they could not license all classic cars of the same year/grid. Racing them never felt like racing a classic race. If they could manage to get an entire grid from the same year I would love to see them come back but for now I don't miss them at all.

• Agree 2