Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

10 hours ago, Beneke said:

Always try to pit when there is a SC, the 5 secondes lost in the pit because of the clutch problems is not as bad, 

But still what the hell

CODEMASTER, are you at least trying something ???????????????

there are many bugs.

Edited by asah650

Yesterday my 7th year son was hotlapping monza with all assists, then he went a small race of 5 laps which he likes. Before i was hotlapping with another team and sim settings clutch went to manual because of expert settings. The race started and he was screaming, 🙂 hey dad i can't start, which i was in another room, and saw the clutch ptoblem on screen 🙂 . I saw the situation and told him, hey, you don't have to worry, codemasters is involving in the situation and trying to find a solution with first party partners. He looked at me with strange a mimic in his face 🙂 . This is based on a true story.

Edited by asah650

5 hours ago, MNZN90 said:

It's hammer time!!!

Can we organize something for the 16/11? 

We can have an activity for all days. Live aid for clutchless people 🙂 We are the world, we are the clutchless, or do they know its clutchless day at all  🙂

Edited by asah650

Ahahahaha cinematic theme looks pretty funny!

”Clutchless” the new Marvel Superheroe

I’m sure that when codemaster will be back they will find a lot of funny things reading the forum! Ops I was supposing that they read the forum…sorry guys that’s my fault!

• Agree 1

I have had the same problem for a week. Since the game came out and in previous versions, it had never happened to me. I have not changed the rim or its settings.

I make a data screen (on Simhub) showing which key was assigned for clutch and upshifts, with an ON / OFF indicator, as well as telemetry data for the gear engaged and the percent of clutch (0 or 100)

It did not matter if I assigned the upshift on the same key as the clutch, as it had until now,  year after year, or if any of the values varied: the car would not start unless someone else pushed it from behind or, In multiplayer races, pushing the pause and AI take car control.

However, when I wanted to use this Simhub data screen: the game worked perfectly for a couple of days. But I knew that it was temporary. The game just failed tonight.

I have tried different combinations, always with the same result. My only intention was to collect data for Codemasters ... but by pure chance I have found a solution.

My equipment is a Simucube 1, with a Simulaje F1S ring, which through Gimx I can connect to the PS4 emulating a G29

In the Gimx configuración, inside the axes tab, I have assigned as clutch, two different Options: the clutch paddles of my ring (it has a double clutch) and the clutch pedal of my Fanatec CSL Elite LC

In the game setup, if I select as an input, both the clutch-pedal and the clutch-paddle are represented with the same icon (a pedal)

Well, selecting -as I have always done- clutch and upshift with the right gear paddle, I can't get the car to start ... but if I use the clutch paddle, it works!

The amazing thing is that I do not have it assigned to any function, except -through the pedal- with the vehicle temperature panel.

Magic? No idea, but I have finally found a remedy.

By the way, I was going to format the PS4, because I had already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the game and also erasing all settings. So I hope this solution works until they find an effective remedy.

Luckily, in the competitions in which I participate, there is formation lap, which will allow me to detect whether or not I should use this method.

The se are busy days for me, so I don't think I can edit the video that I have recorded, by now. 

I made another yesterday night, but with some errors  on my part when assigning keys within Simhub, but I still think it can help: 

If I find time, I will improve it later with another more accurate (and shorter) video.

@BarryBL

Edited by navarreitor

8 hours ago, MNZN90 said:

Day 147! Hammer time!

I’m a bit confused about above solution as well as used/simulated hardware…

yes it does not solve our issue, we do not have to use gimx and pc to re emulate the wheel.  I had gimx before to emulate g25 as g29. Also drive hub is not our solution which costs 89usd and re re emulate g29.

For the day 148 i have a surprise for all clutchless people. unite. no clutch, no drop, yes cry. 🙂

Edited by asah650

On 11/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, navarreitor said:

I have had the same problem for a week. Since the game came out and in previous versions, it had never happened to me. I have not changed the rim or its settings.

I make a data screen (on Simhub) showing which key was assigned for clutch and upshifts, with an ON / OFF indicator, as well as telemetry data for the gear engaged and the percent of clutch (0 or 100)

It did not matter if I assigned the upshift on the same key as the clutch, as it had until now,  year after year, or if any of the values varied: the car would not start unless someone else pushed it from behind or, In multiplayer races, pushing the pause and AI take car control.

However, when I wanted to use this Simhub data screen: the game worked perfectly for a couple of days. But I knew that it was temporary. The game just failed tonight.

I have tried different combinations, always with the same result. My only intention was to collect data for Codemasters ... but by pure chance I have found a solution.

My equipment is a Simucube 1, with a Simulaje F1S ring, which through Gimx I can connect to the PS4 emulating a G29

In the Gimx configuración, inside the axes tab, I have assigned as clutch, two different Options: the clutch paddles of my ring (it has a double clutch) and the clutch pedal of my Fanatec CSL Elite LC

In the game setup, if I select as an input, both the clutch-pedal and the clutch-paddle are represented with the same icon (a pedal)

Well, selecting -as I have always done- clutch and upshift with the right gear paddle, I can't get the car to start ... but if I use the clutch paddle, it works!

The amazing thing is that I do not have it assigned to any function, except -through the pedal- with the vehicle temperature panel.

Magic? No idea, but I have finally found a remedy.

By the way, I was going to format the PS4, because I had already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the game and also erasing all settings. So I hope this solution works until they find an effective remedy.

Luckily, in the competitions in which I participate, there is formation lap, which will allow me to detect whether or not I should use this method.

The se are busy days for me, so I don't think I can edit the video that I have recorded, by now. 

I made another yesterday night, but with some errors  on my part when assigning keys within Simhub, but I still think it can help: 

If I find time, I will improve it later with another more accurate (and shorter) video.

@BarryBL

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a clutch drop bug,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy using g29, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to
Me, to me

Just bohemian raphsody prelude, have fun 🙂 thats not our remedy. Thanks anyway.

Edited by asah650

On 11/9/2021 at 9:59 AM, MNZN90 said:

Ahahahaha cinematic theme looks pretty funny!

”Clutchless” the new Marvel Superheroe

I’m sure that when codemaster will be back they will find a lot of funny things reading the forum! Ops I was supposing that they read the forum…sorry guys that’s my fault!

Oh what about Clutchbusters. The original one. More epic and fun.

Clutchbusters!
If there's something strange
In your gaming wheel
Who you gonna call?
Clutchbusters!
If there's something weird
And it don't drop
Who you gonna call?
Clutchbusters!
I ain't 'fraid of no drop
I ain't 'fraid of no drop

Edited by asah650

7 minutes ago, foska133 said:

We should start a league of our own. "And it's light out and nowhere we go". Were we can just watch the lights go off and stand there on the grid.

The one who gets the last DSQ wins the race and the 25pts

ha ha ha great idea and lets call it unsim racing lets have our whatsapp connection numbers, and create a lobby and make a video. Name is Falseone 2021. No replay, no ingame footage, no podium, super simple. 🙂

Edited by asah650
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, asah650 said:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a clutch drop bug,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy using g29, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to
Me, to me

Just bohemian raphsody prelude, have fun 🙂 that's, not our remedy. Thanks anyway.

Love the song.

I understand that what 'solves' the problem for me is not available for G29 users but the issue is the same.

So, is not a hardware issue (I don't have the G29). Must be a software one. Sure this is relevant.

Also,  must be relevant, no matter if the clutch telemetry value is 0 or 100 and the upshift receives an action order... The car remains first gear and stopped

Hope this could be useful to the people that must find a solution...also for me because I found a workaround, not a fix to the problem 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, navarreitor said:

Love the song.

I understand that what 'solves' the problem for me is not available for G29 users but the issue is the same.

So, is not a hardware issue (I don't have the G29). Must be a software one. Sure this is relevant.

Also,  must be relevant, no matter if the clutch telemetry value is 0 or 100 and the upshift receives an action order... The car remains first gear and stopped

Hope this could be useful to the people that must find a solution...also for me because I found a workaround, not a fix to the problem 

There is such a conflict, in our issue. if you disable wheels clutch mechanically, the other throttle and brake also does not work. We tried it for testing. In the game menu while assigning any button on the wheel, to drop clutch, does not work also too. The only way is to remove the g29, and clutch works with dualsense. As there is no software or upgrade for g29 to work with ps4-5 there is no solution. It is completely F1 2021 or 2020 game software problem. We paid a lot but still no solution, and they are making fun of us, postponing the solution by the 'we are working with first party partners' statement. I will make fun of them till their solution, even if  they have an attempt to ban me. from the forum. I will use all my comsumer legal rights, internationally including codematers, ea, and sony ps store. I am recording all situation to take it to the uk courts. Also from the customer service, much more stupid answers coming. Please contact to your wheel manufacturer. They are all idiots.  Its not a simple bug, you can't race without all assists or expert online race. I am saying its a racing sim, i cannot start, thats the most funny and ironic thing. We paid for just hotlapping then, self ************. Codemaster just fail, their brain clutch is also not dropping for about 150 days. If they cannot find a solution, they must refund. On the other hand, its nonsense for me to try all options, and possibilities tested by me. We are not begging for help, we want to race, they are all ....

Edited by asah650