Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

On 7/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, MNZN90 said:

Again Nothing for the clutch problem and Now The G923 has a problem.  Guess which one will be fixed first ? or none at all 

On 8/31/2021 at 9:08 AM, MNZN90 said:

The answer is obvious…no! At least it’s not a codemaster priority.

They are selling a Game declared as G29 compatible but at the end it isn’t. This is a clear violation of sales terms. However seems not a priority for codemaster: no formal answer, no timeline etc etc

But my 80€ at day one were 100% compatible with codemaster…

On 11/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, asah650 said:

Tomorrow is the day 144 for the stupid clutch bug for logitech g29. Who will be the runner at P1 ?

On 11/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, MNZN90 said:

It's hammer time!!!

Can we organize something for the 16/11? 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, MNZN90 said:
  • It is not possible to star manually the race because the game does not recognize the clutch release. With automatic start, the race start properly. With manual start (both with PAD and Wheel) the car is blocked on the grid. This is an annoying issue that I have since the Beta 1 and now it is precluding the use of the game.
  • Platform: PS4
  • Game-mode: All
  • I tried the following troubleshooting:

1) Manual start with both pad and wheel connected. Not works with both pad and wheel.

2) Automatic start. Works with both pad and wheel

3) Wheel disconnected. Manual start works with pad.

4) Playstation switched on with pad OFF. Only wheel and manual start. Not works

5) Tried with F12020 with both pad and wheel connected. Works with both.

6) All personalized scheme removed. No change in the bug.

7) I tried to compare F12020 with F12021 settings and what I found is that a specific option called "manual clutch" is missing in F12021. THis was the option used by several driver when facing this issue in F12020. Can you investigate why this option is currently missing?

• Settings are in attachments (both in F2021 and F2020)

Thanks,

Marco

7E730DE7-BDB1-4615-8241-8D089D7DFBDC.jpeg

50296ECA-C9C9-4E75-8158-B134C6045F11.jpeg

D40FDA70-13FE-40E0-AAF1-B33D607F6B5F.jpeg

082256CC-6836-4901-A369-B81F78306B30.jpeg

95316E2E-F2EF-4BDA-9292-ACCF91A3B7C9.jpeg

90EE1C50-58B3-4CD3-BC82-DF89FF80862E.jpeg

On 8/31/2021 at 9:08 AM, MNZN90 said:

The answer is obvious…no! At least it’s not a codemaster priority.

They are selling a Game declared as G29 compatible but at the end it isn’t. This is a clear violation of sales terms. However seems not a priority for codemaster: no formal answer, no timeline etc etc

But my 80€ at day one were 100% compatible with codemaster…

On 11/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, asah650 said:

Tomorrow is the day 144 for the stupid clutch bug for logitech g29. Who will be the runner at P1 ?

On 11/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, MNZN90 said:

It's hammer time!!!

Can we organize something for the 16/11? 

Day unknown, we are lost in clutch bug. Also something draw my attention. Before the latest update we could assign clutch pedal to clutch drop but it was not working. With the update clutch pedal is completely removed. I mean you can not even assign for example brake pedal to clutch anymore. Things getting more worse. In other games everything is ok even on pc. What a stupid situation almost the season is over, we can not race. ....! Codesuckers is almost lost, no answer anymore. I played f1 2010 on ps3 for istanbulpark, for me its a much more fun game. Thanks codesuckers. You made me travel back in time to 11 years ago.

Edited by asah650

Guys, I investigated the issue because I solve and now I’m able to reproduce the issue.

the main issue is the fact that when the clutch pedal is not at the zero of the potentiometer, by default the Game recognize the pedal as the clutch. That’s because there is the Missing “manual clutch assignment” option.

why the zero pot issue happen? Two reasons:

1) Not original pot on the clutch

2) issue with the cable. There is one 9 pin connettore with 9 cable spliced. All cable are Twisted and scrathced and sometimes there is some crack resulting in a lost of isolation among the channels. I had 3 damaged cables insidie my pedals.

in my case I just solve by changing the cable. I didn’t touch the pedals and pot. Just changed the cable. I also reproduce the issue changing pedals and cable and in my case the root cause is the cable. However, changing pot the issue was present again. So there are 2 possibile root cause.

in any case the issue can be easly solved via software introducing manual clutch option.

@BarryBLcan you please send to me the data for the invoice? I’ll send my iban for the Payment.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, MNZN90 said:

Guys, I investigated the issue because I solve and now I’m able to reproduce the issue.

the main issue is the fact that when the clutch pedal is not at the zero of the potentiometer, by default the Game recognize the pedal as the clutch. That’s because there is the Missing “manual clutch assignment” option.

2) issue with the cable. There is one 9 pin connettore with 9 cable spliced. All cable are Twisted and scrathced and sometimes there is some crack resulting in a lost of isolation among the channels. I had 3 damaged cables insidie my pedals.

in my case I just solve by changing the cable. I didn’t touch the pedals and pot. Just changed the cable. I also reproduce the issue changing pedals and cable and in my case the root cause is the cable. However, changing pot the issue was present again. So there are 2 possibile root cause.

in any case the issue can be easly solved via software introducing manual clutch option.

@BarryBLcan you please send to me the data for the invoice? I’ll send my iban for the Payment.

Thanks for the feedback @MNZN90

I'll pass it over to the testing team and to Logitech for feedback. We are waiting for details from our partners about a preferred method of cleaning areas of the wheel, with a suspectedl fix for this is to clean the potentiometer in the pedals, which does mean taking them apart and using some switch cleaner in the pot. To confirm, you had 3 damaged cables inside your pedals, which have caused the issue.

A youtube search or two may help here and get the right answers, but we are working with Logitech to get an approved method

@BarryBL

i can confirm that cleaning the pot do not solve the issue. Is a non-zero offset of the pot and there are no original replace in the market, they are customized and not standard 10k linear.

the zero position in the pedal is not the zero resistance center.

in conclusion you need a software patch to Force the clutch on the wheel as preferred method 

Edited by MNZN90
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MNZN90 said:

Pessoal, investiguei o problema porque resolvi e agora consigo reproduzir o problema.

o principal problema é o fato de que quando o pedal da embreagem não está no zero do potenciômetro, por padrão o Game reconhece o pedal como a embreagem. Isso ocorre porque há a opção “Atribuição de embreagem manual” ausente.

por que o problema do pote zero acontece? Duas razões:

1) Pote não original na embreagem

2) problema com o cabo. Há um conector de 9 pinos com 9 cabos emendados. Todos os cabos são torcidos e riscados e às vezes há alguma rachadura resultando na perda de isolamento entre os canais. Eu tinha 3 cabos danificados dentro dos meus pedais.

no meu caso eu resolvo apenas trocando o cabo. Não toquei nos pedais e na maconha. Acabei de mudar o cabo. Também reproduzo o problema trocando pedais e cabos e, no meu caso, a causa raiz é o cabo. No entanto, mudando a maconha, o problema estava presente novamente. Portanto, há 2 causas possíveis.

em qualquer caso, o problema pode ser facilmente resolvido através do software que apresenta a opção de embreagem manual.

@BarryBLvocê pode me enviar os dados da fatura? Vou enviar meu iban para o pagamento.

thank you very much for the feedback!!  What if I leave the clutch pedal disconnected from the potentiometer?

On 11/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, MNZN90 said:

Great feedback, thank you! It's good to see that the codemaster customer service is able to detect quickly our prob... oh wait a second

On 11/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, F1WesleySantana said:

thank you very much for the feedback!!  What if I leave the clutch pedal disconnected from the potentiometer?

It does not work. 3 pot must be connected in order to properly detect channel 2 and 3

On 11/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, MNZN90 said:

@BarryBL

i can confirm that cleaning the pot do not solve the issue. Is a non-zero offset of the pot and there are no original replace in the market, they are customized and not standard 10k linear.

in conclusion you need a software patch to Force the clutch on the wheel as preferred method 

Mine is completely stock and new. cables are all connected and i checked the signal with avometer.

Dears

I bought the Logitech G29 as a Xmas present for my 12 years son who loves playing F1 2021 on his ps5 so we never tested it so far.

I’m trying to understand what is being discussed here but it’s too technical for me as I never played a racing game.

could someone make a quick recap for me: it won’t be possible to play F1 2021 at all with the G29? Or is there an acceptable workaround for a kid that never used a steering wheel so far?

thanks in advance!

16 hours ago, qqq72qqq said:

Dears

I bought the Logitech G29 as a Xmas present for my 12 years son who loves playing F1 2021 on his ps5 so we never tested it so far.

I’m trying to understand what is being discussed here but it’s too technical for me as I never played a racing game.

could someone make a quick recap for me: it won’t be possible to play F1 2021 at all with the G29? Or is there an acceptable workaround for a kid that never used a steering wheel so far?

thanks in advance!

Welcome to the jungle. its a matter of choice. The problem is when you start a race, in the race menu the grand prix selection, there is simulation settings. If you have g29 you have to change start asist, in gp menu in sim settings, to automatic rather than manual which the manual is default setting. Otherwise you can not race, or your son can not race. E racers generally prefer to race with manual clutch drop, to move the car at the start. You should read about how f1 cars mechanically works. But there is a conflict in codesuckers software that does not match the situation. Its probably not be a problem for 12 year old kid, but if you do not setup the options above, which i have mentioned, you will see a clutch drop action at the start of the race, and he will not be able to start a race. So don't panic go to main menu, select a gp race. You must be in standard mode, then in sim settings, choose start as assisted. You must do it everytime because of god damn bug for every different new gp selection.

Edited by asah650

On 11/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, MNZN90 said:

@BarryBL

You are dreaming mate, he can do nothing, he is the bug himself. He does not involve in the situation, he is still dreamin of cables or pot dirt. He has straightforward answer to what you have mentioned. He is not able to understand the situation at all. Just like a dolly clone sheep. It just needs a simple software editing, to limit and define the clutch range, thats all. Or simply remove the clutch pedal option, unless with the last update we can not see clutch anymore to assign smt., and assign a button option. A single button assignment can solve the problem, we do not want pot triggered clutch, because its not a f1 car and not use it with hand option or a trigger. Eveything is related to gas pot on the wheelset. Having two pedal set owners like t150, or fanatec csl elite easily race. So do not even trust a stranger, nothing else matters. 

Edited by asah650

I hooked up my new g920 on the xbox.....No Clutch!

Also tried to switch pedals through the menu to make the clutch the brake, cant be done.

Tried to map to different buttons....No Luck!

The Clutch is not being recognized AT ALL.

Or is my new wheel and pedals a 250 dollar brick?

This is disappointing to say the least.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

I hooked up my new g920 on the xbox.....No Clutch!

Also tried to switch pedals through the menu to make the clutch the brake, cant be done.

Tried to map to different buttons....No Luck!

The Clutch is not being recognized AT ALL.

Or is my new wheel and pedals a 250 dollar brick?

This is disappointing to say the least.

Welcome to the jungle. Problem is the game bug not wheelset.

Edited by asah650
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asah650 said:

Welcome to the jungle. Problem is the game bug not wheelset.

Can somebody explain to me why when the g series of wheels ALL have a clutch pedal you would double stack the clutch to the paddle as that makes no sense at all to me?

Please tell me ya cant plug the Thrust Master 2 pedals code into the G series pedals. Probably not possible but it acts like it or a step got skipped somewhere.

Can ya get around this with assisted starts?

Day 158, F1 season is nearly over. Thinking of max verstappen, in qatar, in a possibility of could not dropping the clutch at the start, like us. It would be really fun. 

Team Radio:

Ver: I can not drop the f...g clutch

Team eng: Copy max, we are trying to find a  solution with first party partners.

Ver: Its been 158 days i am still at the grid.

Team eng: Copy max just wait, just wait till f1 2022

Ver: You stupid idiot.

Horner: Good job max keep yelling.

🙂

Edited by asah650

17 hours ago, asah650 said:

Welcome to the jungle. its a matter of choice. The problem is when you start a race, in the race menu the grand prix selection, there is simulation settings. If you have g29 you have to change start asist, in gp menu in sim settings, to automatic rather than manual which the manual is default setting. Otherwise you can not race, or your son can not race. E racers generally prefer to race with manual clutch drop, to move the car at the start. You should read about how f1 cars mechanically works. But there is a conflict in codesuckers software that does not match the situation. Its probably not be a problem for 12 year old kid, but if you do not setup the options above, which i have mentioned, you will see a clutch drop action at the start of the race, and he will not be able to start a race. So don't panic go to main menu, select a gp race. You must be in standard mode, then in sim settings, choose start as assisted. You must do it everytime because of god damn bug for every different new gp selection.

Thanks!

you just saved me a huge headache and hours of search on the very Xmas day!

I will keep these info ready for allowing him to play and will monitor the situation here.

thanks again!

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, qqq72qqq said:

Thanks!

you just saved me a huge headache and hours of search on the very Xmas day!

I will keep these info ready for allowing him to play and will monitor the situation here.

thanks again!

There is no other solution, if you have a chance return your wheel back. Even its not faulty, its impossible to play a gp with manual start. On the other hand if he wants to play on online lobbies probably there is no solution. Codemasters will not probably find a solution because its been 158 days till the game launched and no solution.

If you have a chance, buy him a thrustmaster t150 much better a t300. Much more he can dive into simracing,  rather than a gamer.

Edited by asah650