Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

A simple solution what fanatec says about functions about f12021 game:

"If you want to know about the missing functionality, you need to contact Codemasters, as they are the ones responsible for implementing the SDK provided by Fanatec. All Fanatec can do is give developers the tools to implement new functionality. If Codemasters chooses not to use the SDK, then there's nothing Fanatec can do about that."

Thats all, all responsibility through any bug is related to codemasters.

2 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

Just seen a vid on YouTube by P-R-Oliver that is 1:15 long. It looks like he is messing with a part inside the clutch pedal.

I cant post vids. Maybe someone can explain what he is doing?

Might help

He opened the pedals an opened the clutch potenciometer and changed it's input to check if it can apply the clutch. 
So he's problem is the clutch has a little percentage on all the time and that was blocking everything else.

I am gonna check that in mine and see if I have that problem...

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Nefil33 said:

He opened the pedals an opened the clutch potenciometer and changed it's input to check if it can apply the clutch. 
So he's problem is the clutch has a little percentage on all the time and that was blocking everything else.

Yes and it can be done with codemasters software, for f1 2021,  tweak, so simple and we are waiting for 160 days, damn.

5 hours ago, Nefil33 said:

Thanks and please let us know what happens.

Day unknown, maybe 162 but what is real and what isn’t? We are lost in our sadness. We see the red planet in front of us but it’s still too far to be reached.

Fanatec released the new DD for PS and now the red planet seems even further away. We are investigated…that’all for today from my travel diary folks.

• Agree 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, existence-F1 said:

Hi guys again quick update

My clutch is still working perfectly fine since the video.

What video? 

Sorry about that I see this is the same vid I found.

Can you explain in detail how to do this?

The vid doesn't show how to put it back together so it works.   

Edited by Badmayhem
Clear up meaning

On 11/23/2021 at 10:43 AM, Nefil33 said:

@BarryBL This is important for you.

I cleaned my clutch potenciometer with a grease cleaner and now my game works perfectly fine.

I can't clame that this will fix all the issues but maybe if more ppl try it it can work for you.

search in google for: logitech g29 potentiometer cleaning

Follow the videos, it tooke me about 30 mins but was quite easy (please ONLY DO IT IF YOU ARE NO LONGER IN WARRANTY)

This tells me that my clutch was always being activated ever so slightly which tells me that there is a bug from Codemasters if we have recplaced the clutch why is it still looking to the original clutch and stopping the replaced clutch from engaging?
This is clearly a bug and should be fixed via software.

8 hours ago, Nefil33 said:

@BarryBL This is important for you.

I cleaned my clutch potenciometer with a grease cleaner and now my game works perfectly fine.

I can't clame that this will fix all the issues but maybe if more ppl try it it can work for you.

search in google for: logitech g29 potentiometer cleaning

Follow the videos, it tooke me about 30 mins but was quite easy (please ONLY DO IT IF YOU ARE NO LONGER IN WARRANTY)

This tells me that my clutch was always being activated ever so slightly which tells me that there is a bug from Codemasters if we have recplaced the clutch why is it still looking to the original clutch and stopping the replaced clutch from engaging?
This is clearly a bug and should be fixed via software.

Is there a certain position that piece has to be in for it to work?

My wheel had this problem straight out of the box and I don't want to open it up till Im sure the problem has been diagnosed correctly.

This is why I'm asking so many questions.

2 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

My wheel had this problem straight out of the box and I don't want to open it up till Im sure the problem has been diagnosed correctly.

Mine is same, do not open. Its codemasters bug. They live with bugs. No solution yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

In my cause it was just in need of a grease clean up, didn't need any position change.
Are you in warranty? if yes talk to logitech if not this is not hard to do.
With the right tools you can do it.
Take a look at all the videos.

I had done it before to the accelerator and brakes when they start being flakey, you need to clean them to stop that.

In this case is a pedal that I don't use at all I should not need to clean it.. but looks like something in the software is still looking at it and blocks the other replacement usage.

Edited by Nefil33
  • Thanks 1

How about the Mechanical Clutch for Xmas?

This is the only fix that makes sense to me with the info we have.

The reason I think this is because it seems random,Playstaton,Xbox,some g series, Fanatech, new and old equipment.

If ya patch it you could ruin it for those that it works for,so that wont work.

Since ya have the MC from 2020 ya cant copy and paste? You have to know how, right? 

Just want to see a fix like everyone else.

Thanks for your time.

Not sure if this has been brought on the topic but if you have the G29 and the mechanical clutch the fix for the clutch not working on the wheel is to put the mech. clutch on the neutral (N). 
I have been having the same issue as you guys since F1 2020 and it seems this issue comes from 2019 or even beyond. 
If you don't have the mechanical clutch you either could consider getting one (sells for around 29$ I think) or you could wait for Codemasters to fix it but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.  

11 hours ago, arcaniadante said:

Not sure if this has been brought on the topic but if you have the G29 and the mechanical clutch the fix for the clutch not working on the wheel is to put the mech. clutch on the neutral (N). 
I have been having the same issue as you guys since F1 2020 and it seems this issue comes from 2019 or even beyond. 
If you don't have the mechanical clutch you either could consider getting one (sells for around 29$ I think) or you could wait for Codemasters to fix it but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.  

How do ya do this there is no neutral?

32 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

What middle position?

Im missing something here. 

Where do I find this middle position in the menu?

I'm sorry. I probably screwed up the explanation/terms. 
When I said clutch above I meant the mechanical shifter. If you have a mechanical shifter like this one , you need to put it in the middle position, which is the neutral. It's nothing to do with in game menus. Apologies for the confusion.

• Thanks 1