Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

3 hours ago, arcaniadante said:

I'm sorry. I probably screwed up the explanation/terms. 
When I said clutch above I meant the mechanical shifter. If you have a mechanical shifter like this one , you need to put it in the middle position, which is the neutral. It's nothing to do with in game menus. Apologies for the confusion.

Your fine. Now it makes more sense to me.

Was wondering if it was a translation issue😁

Thanks for clearing it up.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Badmayhem said:

What middle position?

Im missing something here. 

Where do I find this middle position in the menu?

There is no such option, he means probably change clutch assignment with brake. Also that does not work. After the last update, while the clutch was blinking in the menu, its completely lost. Even i did not understand what he means. Just a prediction. 

I have just read the upper post, we do not have shifter also. Useless.

Edited by asah650

9 minutes ago, asah650 said:

There is no such option, he means probably change clutch assignment with brake. Also that does not work. After the last update, while the clutch was blinking in the menu, its completely lost. Even i did not understand what he means. Just a prediction. 

I have just read the upper post, we do not have shifter also. Useless.

It's a possible solution but my problem with it is I dont need the shifter for anything else. This is the only driving game I have.

Why its taking this long to put the mechanical clutch back in is beyond me.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, steviejay69 said:

If you read the forums properly there is a banner explaining he will be on leave until January 5.

They have been leaving since the game launched, they are all ****. If I had been the codemasters ceo, i would kick them in the a..

Edited by asah650

23 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Merry Christmas. Now put your games down and find a human.

We can not play the game, we do not get what we paid for, for 6 months. No solution, we are scammed. All ********. Do they know its christmas time.

Edited by asah650
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 6:10 AM, BarryBL said:

Official comment from Logitech below:

F1 2021's clutch system depends on the clutch axis of your pedals to be at rest in order for the manual clutch/race launch functionality to operate correctly.  If any input is detected on the clutch pedal then it can prevent correct operation.  If you are experiencing this then it's possible that the potentiometers of your pedals are starting to show some signs of wear and sending unwanted input to F1 2021.  You can check whether your pedals are operating correctly by connecting the wheel to a PC running Windows and using one of the following methods:

1. Open Logitech's G HUB software, click on your wheel and then click the Pedals tab on the left.  
  2. Click in the search menu on the Windows taskbar, type cpl*and press the Enter key on your keyboard.  In the Game Controllers app that appears, select your wheel and then click *Properties.

Either of those options will present a screen that shows the response of the pedals.  Check to make sure that your pedals always return to zero when they are not pressed and that the response doesn't flicker.  If the pedals do not return to zero or show flickering then they may require cleaning.

If your wheel is within the 2 year warranty period with Logitech then you should get in touch with Logitech support.  If you are outside of warranty then you could consider opening the pedals to clean the potentiometers and restore their operation.  This post on GT Planet shows the process that you will need to follow in order to open the pedals and perform the cleaning operation.  This video also shows a little more detail of the process of gaining access to the potentiometer and cleaning it, as well as a good tip for how to ensure the pedals remain in good operational order.

How am I supposed to test it without a PC?