Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

The problem is that I opened the report since the first day of the beta (mid-June) and from my point of view, the compatibility with the HW should be one of the main important issue! I bought the Game with the early access and after more than 1 week I cannot run a race in manual…

• Agree 1

• I got the same issue. I can't do a manual start anymore. Yesterday everything just worked fine for me.
  • Report Code: SCSH-JHTP-HKSC-SVSM
  • Platform: PS4
  • Steering wheel: Logitech G29
  • Game-mode: Grand Prix
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? --> I tried binding my clutch to multiple different keys on my wheel but nothing helped.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? --> 
  • How do you make the problem happen? I did a short quali followed by a 50% race. In quali went well and in the race I couldn't do a manual start on my warm-up lap. I skipped my warm-up lap and tried to do a manual start in the race which is shown in the video above.
  • Agree 1

Just some more info to add.

when I have my g29 plugged in I can't do manual starts with my wheel nor with the Control. But while it's not working if I unplug my g29 then the control starts working again with the clutch.

Hopefully it helps identify the issue...

It says Awaiting info 2021 for this Post. ???     I hope the person who is supposed to give info know it's him that gives the info cause there no place where they say that person needs to send more

info .   PLEASE WHAT INFO YOU NEED, WE WILL SEND IT.  

thank you

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Beneke said:

It says Awaiting info 2021 for this Post. ???     I hope the person who is supposed to give info know it's him that gives the info cause there no place where they say that person needs to send more

info .   PLEASE WHAT INFO YOU NEED, WE WILL SEND IT.  

thank you

It's not your post. The OP hasn't included a dxdiag. I will remove the tag.

But it equally could be gameplay as the PS5/PS4/PC reports seem to suggest.

@BarryBL @V1Rotate I have this same issue. I had it on both F1 2020 and F1 2021. Present on both PS4 and PS5.

Logitech G29 wheel, when using the upshift paddle as clutch for race starts the clutch is not recognised and the gear does not engage, starting the race in neutral. I am aware of other G29 users with the same issue.

Have encountered this both online (particularly frustrating for league racing) and in GP. The issue is also intermittent but, strangely, it will function normally for several weeks, then not work for several weeks.

As far as I can tell this is unrelated to game version/software updates.

• Administrator

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, had a lot to get to.

What button are you using for the manual starts? Are you using a custom control scheme. @JSP1299, have you mapped the upshift paddle so it is now both shift up & clutch. I have a TMX and have it mapped to what 'RB' would be, and works fine. 

• Agree 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MNZN90 said:

No customized control scheme. Clutch is mixed with the shift up. 

Can you create a custom control scheme and assign the clutch elsewhere. I suspect as both 'gear up' and 'clutch' are critical to race starts, there may be a mix up. Are you using auto or manual gears. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MNZN90 said:

I tried to assign the clutch to the X button but the situation didn’t change. I’m using manual gear.

Can you take some screenshots of your in-game controller settings so I can have a look. I suspect a possible clash here

• Agree 1