Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

Hi Barry! Sorry to intruding.

I have the same issue and have tried many different settings. Customed, preset, i've even re-installed the game and deleted all the data, but it didn't work.

I don't think the problem is related to wheel settings.

I tried using the clutch in my controller with the wheel plugged into my Ps4, and it didn't work either. Only when I disconnected the wheel I was able tu use the clutch on my controller.

Hope this helps you find the issue!

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Olá a todos,

Desculpas pelo atraso, tinha muito que fazer.

Qual botão você está usando para as iniciações manuais? Você está usando um esquema de controle personalizado.@ JSP1299, você mapeou o remo de aumento de marcha para que agora seja tanto aumento de marcha quanto embreagem. Eu tenho um TMX e mapeei para o que seria 'RB', e funciona bem. 

I tested several buttons as a clutch, and it still didn't work.

2 horas atrás, BarryBL disse:

Olá a todos,

Desculpas pelo atraso, tinha muito que fazer.

Qual botão você está usando para as iniciações manuais? Você está usando um esquema de controle personalizado.@ JSP1299, você mapeou ou remo de aumento de marcha para que agora seja tanto aumento de marcha quanto embreagem. Eu tenho um TMX e mapeei para uma séria 'RB', e funciona bem. 

Testei botões como embreagem e ainda não funcionou.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Can you take some screenshots of your in-game controller settings so I can have a look. I suspect a possible clash here

No problem but this issue is no related to in-game setting. It is a game bug associated to the G29. Ad explained also during tue beta program, when the G29 is Connected Also the pad doesn’t work. Disconnetting the wheel with the pad it is possibile to start manually the race. I hope that this issue will be treated ad Game bug and not in-Game setting issue. Thanks 

• Agree 1

@BarryBLthanks for the reply.

You're correct I'm using a custom control scheme. You can see from the screenshot below what I have mapped. 

With the shifter pulled in on the grid the clutch and first gear refuse to engage, when the lights go out the car remains in neutral. As I said above it seems to be an intermittent fault that comes and goes, when present it'll stay for a few weeks then disappear.

Thanks for your time.

Screenshot_20210811_155526_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I had the same issue, PS5, G29. Restarting the game and unplugging and plugging in the wheel again worked. The issue arose when i change to manual starts in the braking point gameplay. Ive had league races and other races before with manual starts and has worked then. Just happened after i changed that setting for braking point and then i couldn't do starts in solo GP either

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, emys72 said:

I can not believe that we have arrived at update 1.07 and we are still with this bug of the clutch release both on the grid and during the pitstop using the G29 steering wheel

5 hours ago, BetikMetik98 said:

After Update 1.07 issue is STILL NOT solved.

Unbelievable, 70$ at day one, and after a month, i still can't play normally.

As you can see this is now with the developers so they are investigating. These things take time and continuing to complain won’t speed things up. 👍🏼

BF8ECCA0-F9CA-4E66-BC2A-4DF6C9EB0CC8.jpeg

• A detailed description of the issue:   When I want to start, the car doesn't want to go into 1st gear so I can't drive off the line, not even if I upshift immediately after the lights are out. I always have to press options so the car drives off itself
  • Report Code:                                                 PMSP-PCME-XTXG-BASC
  • Platform? PS5
  • Game-mode? Multiplayer 
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here:              9 players were in this session, but I didn't know any of them
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? No
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:  Changing the clutch button, using the quick menu to drive off the line, increasing the dead zone of the brake pedal
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:                I basically go into an online Lobby, it doesn't matter which one. I follow the normal procedure in a Lobby (joining, quali if the Lobby requires, race), but when I am at the start of the race, the 1st gear won't go in after I press clutch and take optimal rpm. Btw if it helps, I use a logitech G29 wheel, where I already used the upshift and the enter button on the red dial as my clutch

@steviejay69 Surely this is something you guys have to look at...
I can't participate in any ranked lobby and when I do, I have to start the race in pause so the AI takes over and normally just ends up everyone hitting me from behind...
Race is over for most of the field.
Doesn't seem to be a problem with all G29s just some, mine is an older version.
I am not sure what else I can do...

As you can see in the last patch there is nothing for OUR problem with the launching starts.  So I basicaly put it on pause until the cars moves on the grid then take back 

control of the car.  It's not as good as a real start but at least you leave the grid.   For the pit exit , well you have to wait 5 seconds until your release since it doesn't recognize

our clutch.  

Good luck buddy and hopefully ONE DAY will get a patch for us.

no manual clutch.png

Edited by Beneke
here is what it says on the forum for manual clutch. With developper in 2021
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nefil33 said:

@steviejay69 Surely this is something you guys have to look at...
I can't participate in any ranked lobby and when I do, I have to start the race in pause so the AI takes over and normally just ends up everyone hitting me from behind...
Race is over for most of the field.
Doesn't seem to be a problem with all G29s just some, mine is an older version.
I am not sure what else I can do...

The tag has been removed, it looks like the information requested has been provided.

@BarryBL

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Are all users seeing this on the Logitech G29 wheel? Just want to confirm.

I can confirm is a G29 issue, but I know it does not apply to all G29s.
I have an older version and it doesn't work on ps4 nor ps5.
My friend also has a G29 (newer version) and his is working fine.
I can't tell you the diferences on versions of the G29 (no idea about that), but the issue is def there.