Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

23 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Are all users seeing this on the Logitech G29 wheel? Just want to confirm.

I am using Logitech G923 with clutch set to upshift paddle. I’m on PS5. I had this issue too during an online race.

Edited by Lewisf1702
More info
  • Thanks 1

The answer is obvious…no! At least it’s not a codemaster priority.

They are selling a Game declared as G29 compatible but at the end it isn’t. This is a clear violation of sales terms. However seems not a priority for codemaster: no formal answer, no timeline etc etc

But my 80€ at day one were 100% compatible with codemaster…

• Agree 4

I replugged my wheel and it worked once, but when I restarted the race the bug was back, why is this still not fixed after 2 months, my league starts next week and the gap between wheel and controller for me is 4 sec its impossible to fight for the win without my wheel 

I replugged my wheel and it worked once, but when I restarted the race the bug was back, why is this still not fixed after 2 months, my league starts next week and the gap between wheel and controller for me is 4 sec its impossible to fight for the win without my wheel 

2 hours ago, MNZN90 said:

The answer is obvious…no! At least it’s not a codemaster priority.

They are selling a Game declared as G29 compatible but at the end it isn’t. This is a clear violation of sales terms. However seems not a priority for codemaster: no formal answer, no timeline etc etc

But my 80€ at day one were 100% compatible with codemaster…

Totally agree

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BetikMetik98 said:

Concordo plenamente

3 hours ago, MNZN90 said:

A resposta é óbvia ... não! Pelo menos não é uma prioridade do codemaster.

Eles estão vendendo um jogo declarado compatível com o G29, mas no final não é. Esta é uma violação clara dos termos de venda. No entanto, não parece uma prioridade para o codemaster: nenhuma resposta formal, nenhum cronograma etc etc

Mas meus 80 € no primeiro dia eram 100% compatíveis com o codemaster ...

I agree with you

I really hope the codemasters staff understand the frustration in not being able to play with other friends due to this bug that has been around for a long time. Soon the online championships will start and I can't participate, come on let us play ...

I have had this issue intermittently on the G29 and I finally got to the bottom of it tonight.

If you have the shifter plugged in on the G29 (and I'd guess other Logitech variants) and in gear then the car remains in neutral at the start. 

If you make sure the shifter is in neutral then first gear is selected as normal and away you go. It's taken me 2 years and several children climbing on my rig to figure this out...

I don't have the Shifter on my G29, just using the regular pad behind the wheel to shift gear and even after the latest patch, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.  

Still can't do a manual start without pausing and then unpause to continue my start. I loose a bit on the start but at least i can race for now.

The worst part is when in the pits, i loose 5 seconds cause it doesn't recognize the clutch. so i have to wait until the car is release by itself.  

Bought this game this winter, downloaded July 14 and since then nothing new for our manual start with Logitech G29, the older version.

• Agree 1

I updated the firmware on the G29 for ps4 and it did not solve the problem, now I have deleted the game and the save data and I am trying for the umpteenth time to install up to the 1.09 update. Obviously I am not optimistic that everything works.in 1 or 2 weeks 1.10 will arrive, will it be the right one to play?

9 minutes ago, emys72 said:

jsp1299 can you explain in detail the sequence with the external gearbox for the g29 to get around the bug problem? Does it also solve the pitstop problem?

I'll tag @JSP1299 for you in case it helps them spot this.

By the way, I assume disabling manual starts means you can play the game OK, just not the way you want to?

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'll tag @JSP1299 for you in case it helps them spot this.

By the way, I assume disabling manual starts means you can play the game OK, just not the way you want to?

Sorry, I've only just seen this.

So the problem I had was only at the start, not in the pits. The car would remain in neutral with the right paddle pulled in. Both the clutch and gear up were correctly binded to the right paddle.

If I released the paddle before the lights went out the car would remain in neutral and I would get a jump start and 5 second penalty.

Like you I league race and start assist is manual. I was having to leave the car in neutral and upshift when the lights went out which would always lose me time.

The manual shifter that plugs into the wheelbase was causing my problem. The kids were putting it into gear and it was preventing the upshift paddle from engaging correctly at the start. I'd try unplugging it if connected and seeing if this solves the problem.

I did quite a lot of research on this issue trying to find out why. For most people it seems to be a binding conflict. My advice would be check what else you have plugged in/connected that could be using the same channel and interfering. If on a console turn the controller off. Unplug any USB or unnecessary peripherals.

With the in game menu go to settings/control vibration & force feedback/ you'll then need to pick either Logitech G29 or custom control scheme depending upon which you are using (guessing CCS if you league race).

Go to edit and then run through all the bindings and check that you have nothing conflicting.

For me Gear Up and Clutch are both binded to the upshift paddle and nothing else.

That's all I can suggest, if it doesn't solve you're problem then I can't be of more help.

To recap, best guess would be that either they aren't binded correctly in settings or that something else plugged in is interfering with the clutch function.

• Thanks 1