Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@QmanXV @MNZN90 @F1WesleySantana

Some feedback from the devs if possible. Can you test (maybe adding a short video) showing the 'test buttons' function and the button your clutch is assigned to? Just to recognise this and rule it out. Should be in controller settings and look like this:

20211008114340_1.jpg

Yes! Happy to support the discussion. Here my contirbution:

succesfull test

1213EC50-BB6C-45D3-956F-5CB6905452AD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@QmanXV @ MNZN90 @ F1WesleySantana

Algum feedback dos desenvolvedores, se possível. Você pode testar (talvez adicionando um vídeo curto) mostrando a função de 'botões de teste' e o botão ao qual sua embreagem está atribuída? Apenas para reconhecer isso e descartá-lo. Deve estar nas configurações do controlador e ter a seguinte aparência:

20211008114340_1.jpg

20211008_152617.jpg

29 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Não. Ainda estamos trabalhando com parceiros primários nisso. Não tenho nenhuma atualização mais recente e, atm, nenhuma data agendada para o próximo patch, independentemente do conteúdo. 

add the "manual clutch" option please... this bug already existed in 2020, so we do the test.

So after weeks of driving with assisted starts and pit release assist enabled I tried a manual start yesterday.... Happy to report that for me at least the issue has been miraculously resolved!! 
I am able to use my clutch again! 

I can't say exactly which of these things changed it but from my side at least:

I changed settings to assisted starts and also enabled pit release, played like that a few times and then of course changed them back yesterday. 

I changed my configuration profile for my wheel. You can take a screenshot of your custom configuration settings for your wheel - Delete the profile or reset all to default, then set it up again.

Maybe you guys that have this issue can try that and see if it resolves?  

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, MNZN90 said:

@BarryBL some udpates ?

At the moment, no. From our testing on the wheel, we are still struggling to replicate. From our tests (and we've done a lot of them), clutch performs as expected. Still working with first party partners to find a  accurate and reliable replication method. 

• Administrator

I've been searching online for more troubleshooting, as other users on other games have been reporting this. Some to try:

Please try the following to isolate the issue:

• Allow the wheel to cool down by using the following steps:
  • Disconnect the wheel unit’s power adapter from the power source.
  • Disconnect the wheel unit’s USB connection from the game console or PC.
  • Check if the wheel unit is properly connected to power.
  • Make sure that the pedal unit is connected to the wheel unit.
  • Make sure that the Platform is selected properly from the mode switch. The switch is located on the top of the inner frame of the wheel, just behind the RPM indicator lights.
  • PC: Set the mode switch to PS4. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Another solution from Steam Community:

"But anyways; open up the windows game controllers UI and see if the clutch behaves "digital" as you describe there as well. If it does:

In that case, I'd urge you to once more reinstall the LGS (first make sure it's the right one for that wheel, there's several versions of it. so get it from the logitech support page for that wheel)

But before you do, uninstall ALL previous versions of it, meaning open the device manager and tick "show hidden devices" and uninstall anything Logitech related (provided you don't have mice or other devices that might have such software, but they should't be hidden. if you've installed the driver multiple time with different usb-ports, they'll probably show up there).

After you've uninstalled all traces of the previous drivers, unplug the wheel and plug it back in ONLY when the LGS installation asks for the device. (i can't say for sure with the G29 but this was the "proper" procedure with G27 and others.

See if that helps." You may need a PC here to update and uninstall driver.

Uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software.

• Go to device manager ? Sound videos and game controllers and look for the wheel drivers and uninstall it.
  • Unplug the wheel.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Once the computer is fully boot up install LGS ? http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs
  • If software has been installed plug back the wheel and wait for the drivers to install.
  • Once drivers are installed test it.

• Administrator

Have you updated the firmware for the wheel

35 minutes ago, MNZN90 said:

Thanks but Are all solutions for PC. It’s interestinf the fact that the G29 should gas the clutch connected. Is ti confirmed?

why you removed the clucth manual setting from the Game? And why you cannot simply restore it?

The comment is from Logitech staff there. Remember, updating firmware may need to happen on a PC so you can play it on PS4/5

On 10/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, BarryBL said:

Have you updated the firmware for the wheel

The comment is from Logitech staff there. Remember, updating firmware may need to happen on a PC so you can play it on PS4/5

Ok, could you please dal logitech staff which is te last formware for G29? Thanks