Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] G29 Clutch release bug precluding the use of the game

MNZN90

damn s... situation. customer service rob is a complete disaster. he insists on g29 software from logitech. they are all nuts. they dont know g29 does not use, and can not use anything else then ps written game software and inputs. also still eveybody still insist on giving pc solutions, i am going really mad.

Edited by asah650
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL

here below some IMPORTANT information. Please read carefully:

- I changed the Game from digital to CD : NOT WORKING

- I used a completely new account: NOT WORKING

- I installed the Game in a different PS4 and I connected my G29: NOT WORKING

- Since if you disconnet the pedals the clutch works, i tried to open the pedals removing ALL electrical connections to potentiometer. Connecting the cable without any pedals connected on the other side the clutch does not work!!!

this is the end of the story! It is clearly a G29 software issue in how the base recognize the manual clutch. The issue was present also last year but there was the “manual clutch option” in the setting menu.  You have 2 solutions and you must converge in a reasonable time because our patient is Over!

1) G29 software update

2) Manual clutch option in the game

since the 16/06 you are saying: We are Working! The results is that no one will refound us for a Game which is rubbish! Because sorry but We have to call the things with their name and this Game this year is rubbish. And if I’m too honest for you, proceed with the ban. Better to ban the people instead of solving the issue.

The other option is to buy a T300. And if it will not works? Who will refound me? You? I think that more than 80€ spent for this Game should be enough.

it seems codemaster is joking with us so please We need a date in which the problem will be solved or a formal statement about G29 compatibility issue that We can use to ask the refound.

if this will not happen, I will proceed with different channels, claims etc. But believe me, I’ll do all the things to get something.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

they are not codemasters just codesuckers. thats my idea. neither they do accept the situation nor listen to us.  i will take the situation to customer rights courts if any solution is not found with upcoming update. i am not a child to be played with. i am into gaming since 1982, whom the codesuckers do not know, and even unborn, at that time. started simlife with geoff crammond's microprose f1 on amiga500 with our converted dıy wheels made from quickshot2 joysticks, with real car  steering wheels.

Edited by asah650
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, MNZN90 said:

@BarryBL

aqui abaixo algumas informações IMPORTANTES. Por favor, leia atentamente:

- Mudei o jogo de digital para CD: NÃO FUNCIONA

- Usei uma conta completamente nova: NÃO FUNCIONA

- Instalei o jogo em um PS4 diferente e conectei meu G29: NÃO FUNCIONA

- Como se você desconectar os pedais a embreagem funciona, tentei abrir os pedais retirando TODAS as conexões elétricas do potenciômetro. Conectando o cabo sem pedais conectados do outro lado a embreagem não funciona !!!

este é o fim da história! É claramente um problema de software G29 em como a base reconhece a embreagem manual. O problema estava presente também no ano passado, mas havia a “opção de embreagem manual” no menu de configuração. Você tem 2 soluções e deve convergir em um tempo razoável porque nosso paciente acabou!

1) Atualização de software G29

2) Opção de embreagem manual no jogo

desde o dia 16/06 você está dizendo: Estamos trabalhando! O resultado é que ninguém vai nos refundar para um Jogo que é uma porcaria! Porque desculpe, mas temos que chamar as coisas com seus nomes e este Jogo deste ano é uma porcaria. E se eu for muito honesto para você, prossiga com a proibição. Melhor banir as pessoas em vez de resolver o problema.

A outra opção é comprar um T300. E se não funcionar? Quem vai me refundar? Vocês? Acho que mais de 80 € gastos neste Jogo devem ser suficientes.

Parece que o codemaster está brincando conosco, por favor. Precisamos de uma data em que o problema será resolvido ou de uma declaração formal sobre o problema de compatibilidade do G29 que possamos usar para solicitar o reencontro.

se isso não acontecer, vou prosseguir com diferentes canais, reivindicações etc. Mas, acredite, farei tudo para conseguir algo.

I agree with everything you've written, I'm also going to look for my consumer rights.

• Agree 1

I have just had the clutch release glitch happen to me today again but this time in a Parabolical esports league race where i had to retire in the pits after weeks of it working ok. Before it happened i cleaned out the hairs and bits of rubbish this morning that somehow gets stuck inside the pedals but then when i put it back together before the race i could not pull away at the start. I use the right shifter to go into first.

I managed to get it working again after playing with the clutch pedal potentiometer by tapping it and turning it left and right. 

Hope this might help you guys out

2 hours ago, existence-F1 said:

I have just had the clutch release glitch happen to me today again but this time in a Parabolical esports league race where i had to retire in the pits after weeks of it working ok. Before it happened i cleaned out the hairs and bits of rubbish this morning that somehow gets stuck inside the pedals but then when i put it back together before the race i could not pull away at the start. I use the right shifter to go into first.

I managed to get it working again after playing with the clutch pedal potentiometer by tapping it and turning it left and right. 

Hope this might help you guys out

I just disconnected the pedal but nothing changed. The Game is not always able to identify the input of the manual clutch! What wheel do you have?

• Agree 1

Existence-F1, our problem is not that simple, none of the assigned inputs, neither the pedals nor buttons work for clutch release. this is on ps5 or ps4 situation with logitech g29 and not PC. cleared all cache, build up the database on ps5. cleared all data in game.  reinstalling the game.  removing all cable inputs, and relocate them. disabling duelsense or dualshock while using wheel, or with wheel option. all  efforts and trials are uselesss. it only works on dualsense, not the wheel, and it does not work, did not work once. there is no option of updating the firmware for g29 with ps series. it gets all the data from console, its a dull interface only, and written software in the game. its not a pc running a software, to emulate the settings from programme. whom has written the game software has to correct it, but they do not care and understand the situation. we have to race without drink like kimi. drink, drink, i dont have drink. sorry kimi. do i have drink, no kimi no copy. do you copy drink button. no kimi, copy, sorry no drink. this seems to be the communication with codemasters.

Also they have cleared my entry about the situation. because of their dull registration system for forums, after writing my first entry, i had to confirm next approval page for three times, and three entries formed. but they cleared all of them. at least they could have left one of them. thats their away of sweeping the dust under the carpet. also the customer service completely sucks. they do even not involved in situation. they are like parrots, memorized some sentences, and give always the same answer. contact to your gaming wheel manufacturer to latest updates or software.

Edited by asah650

I think the manual clutch setting option that is not in the settings anymore could help the problem and is needed again or i think the clutch pedal potentiometer's on are g29 get stuck on a little by something like 0.01% causing it not to engage maybe because i never use it and it kind of failed by non usage.

If you notice in the video when i was messing with the clutch up and down with my hand it gave a few throttle input's.

I did try disconnecting the wires from the clutch potentiometer but that stopped the throttle and brake from working and i also tried unpluging the pedals from the wheel base and using the throttle on the control pad and the clutch shifter then does work and engage's into first gear .

You may not even need to open the case to the pedals like i did and just try pushing down and up on the clutch pedal making sure you hit the bottom and top and keep an eye on the rev counter to see if anything strange happens like a bit of throttle flickering on the rev counter. Test in GP mode so you can keep restarting the restart over and over.

I also did spray some 3 in 1 oil around the clutch potentiometer which you should be able to do by spraying down the side gap. One thing i wish i tried was to keep the clutch pedal in at different stages like 2% or 10% 15-25% 50% ect and hold it there whilst trying to pull away using the gear shifter to see if there was a position that it needed to be in, like in the video before i took it all apart

DSC_0080.JPG

Guys, as said by @asah650 all tentatives are waste of time! The bug is random and could happen/disappeared at any moment.

the problem is that for some reason, randomly, the Game is not able to distinguish between clutch pedal and manual clutch on the wheel. And in fact, if you disconnect the pedal, the wheel clutch works! 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, existence-F1 said:

I think the manual clutch setting option that is not in the settings anymore could help the problem and is needed again or i think the clutch pedal potentiometer's on are g29 get stuck on a little by something like 0.01% causing it not to engage maybe because i never use it and it kind of failed by non usage.

If you notice in the video when i was messing with the clutch up and down with my hand it gave a few throttle input's.

I did try disconnecting the wires from the clutch potentiometer but that stopped the throttle and brake from working and i also tried unpluging the pedals from the wheel base and using the throttle on the control pad and the clutch shifter then does work and engage's into first gear .

You may not even need to open the case to the pedals like i did and just try pushing down and up on the clutch pedal making sure you hit the bottom and top and keep an eye on the rev counter to see if anything strange happens like a bit of throttle flickering on the rev counter. Test in GP mode so you can keep restarting the restart over and over.

I also did spray some 3 in 1 oil around the clutch potentiometer which you should be able to do by spraying down the side gap. One thing i wish i tried was to keep the clutch pedal in at different stages like 2% or 10% 15-25% 50% ect and hold it there whilst trying to pull away using the gear shifter to see if there was a position that it needed to be in, like in the video before i took it all apart

DSC_0080.JPG

I will remove the clutch spring tonight. will not remove the cables going to pot. and will tell you the result. in the button menu clutch glitches so often. you say that it may be still be pressed at a rate of 0.0001%. lets try and see, but on the otherhand, any assigned button for the clutch drop, does not work too. you are telling if there is a conflict. will try.

Edited by asah650

no solution just removed the clutch spring and no response, as i guess. i have checked if the clutch is pressed on 0.000001 % for any conflict. and release it free. pot.meter is still active, no mechanical issue. problem is codesuckers software. nothing to blame on logitech staff.  where is codesuckers. answer is making money, with fools, like us buying this game. also its not my consideration to check hardware nor the software on the otherhand. do not make fool of us codesuckers. if i would have any chance to contact  barry white rip songwriter, he might have return us from heaven rather than codesuckers @barrybl. its also funny to assign one person for all problems.

Edited by asah650
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

We are still working with first party partners for a reliable method of internal replication. So, is still under investigation.

I think that it will be under investigation till F12022. I already opened the discussion with Italian customer rights and Ps Store.

• Agree 1