Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox Series X Xbox Live Party Chat Lag F1 2021

9 minutes ago, AussieLancer02 said:

Hey, I had this problem, I updated my controller and it fixed it straight away Don’t think it’s a codemasters fault

Thanks for the suggestion aussie,  but I have 6 controllers (4 xbox one and 2 series X, both with an uptodate and some with older firmware versions). All 4 scenarios give the same outcome, and it is only with this game. 

So therefor I can say for certain that this game at least has an influence on an internal program, but most likely the game is entirely causing this issue on its own. 

Thanks again for the suggestion though. I really tried a lot in terms of changing settings on the xbox and the game. But no combination of settings creates a workaround for this issue. 

It literally is as simple as F1 21 plus xbox chat headset results in lots of problems

Edited by TasmanianTiger
On 7/27/2021 at 11:24 PM, TasmanianTiger said:

A detailed description of the issue.: When playing any game mode on any map on the Series X, the game runs perfectly smooth as long as I dont have a headset plugged in. As soon as I plug in a headset multiple things happen, all at the same roughly five sec interval:

- the framerate will drop well below 60 (micro stutter / stuttering)

- the main output sound will become twice as loud (maybe my master volume setting at 6 starts getting ignored?) 

- the audio of the game will cut out and back in

- the party chat (others their voice output) will start making a sound like removing your headset and plugging it back in

- for other party members (doesnt matter if theyre playing the game or not) my voice will also sound cutting to them

This occurs even in performance mode, where the game should be 120fps. As soon as I kill the game all the sounds and framerates go back to normal. Other friends with the series X tell to me the same problem. This framerate instability makes playing the game very uncomfortable. See video for an average example. 

Report Code: BEXD-BESM-BPCA-GTEG for example

Platform?: Xbox Series X, Series controller, default/basic cheap one eared xbox headset. 

Game-mode?: Every

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?: Cant play online because of the disconnection bug

[ONLINE] Were you the host?: Cant play online because of the disconnection bug

What troubleshooting have you tried?: Restarting console; restarting game; playing different game modes; switching between graphic modes; turning off motion blur, camera shake, camera motion etc; asking friends with Series X if they have the same problem, besides the Xbox party stuttering of course.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?: Video, apologies for the 720p 60fps capturing. The frame drop example occurs at eau rouge. This framedrop has nothing to do with eau rouge, as it happened every 4 secs thereafter as well. The audio amplification start immediately after plugging the headset. On a tv screen everything is even more noticeable than captured. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlHBq-6ZDv7v4w5TdyF4bzrYSXoK

How do you make the problem happen?: Play any game mode on any map, and see the difference after plugging a headset for the first time since the bootup of F1 21.

Hey @BarryBL,

Today I have updated all my earlier post to fix broken links and such.

Have you had the chance to test the problem with the same headset as I and many others use, and what do you think of the code-workaround? Better a fix then no fix at all right : )

I came up with another idea to proof the problem. As you know, one of the symptoms of this bug is the party chat, and that goes both ways as I mentioned in the above bug report.
What we can do @BarryBL, is that I invite you for a party, and then you can at least hear one of the bugs we all are experiencing. : ) What do you say?

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, TasmanianTiger said:

Hey @BarryBL,

Today I have updated all my earlier post to fix broken links and such.

Have you had the chance to test the problem with the same headset as I and many others use, and what do you think of the code-workaround? Better a fix then no fix at all right : )

I came up with another idea to proof the problem. As you know, one of the symptoms of this bug is the party chat, and that goes both ways as I mentioned in the above bug report.
What we can do @BarryBL, is that I invite you for a party, and then you can at least hear one of the bugs we all are experiencing. : ) What do you say?

I've passed this on to our testing teams. Once I have a update for you on this, ill at it on.

• Thanks 1

@BarryBL

With the audio cutting in and out it only seems to happen if your already in the game and then join a party. If you are in the party first and then load the game up from the start (not resuming game) the issue is a lot better. 

Edited by dansmotorsport
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
18 minutes ago, dansmotorsport said:

@BarryBL

With the audio cutting in and out it only seems to happen if your already in the game and then join a party. If you are in the party first and then load the game up from the start (not resuming game) the issue is a lot better. 

Very interesting, excellent feedback @dansmotorsport. I'll give this one a shot. (Xbox is my personal account)

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, dansmotorsport said:

@BarryBL

I did not experience any difference between these cases as I just tested it out. What I did notice however, is that on performance mode the problems are less severe. Still there, but less severe

• Disagree 1
  • A detailed description of the issue.
    • The Audio cuts in and out throughout the entire session making the game nearly impossible to play. It even seems to have an effect on my wheel (Logitech G923) and FFB when it cuts in and out. 
  • Report Code
    • None. This is a major bug.
  • Platform?
    • Xbox One
  • Game-mode?
    • Every single one of them. From offline time trials to full online lobbies. 
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    • Quit the game and restarted it from the home screen a countless number of times.
    • Returned to the garage in time trials.
    • Turned down all effects, music, other cars.
    • Bought a brand new Turtle Beach to see if it would help, it didn't.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Just simply playing the game.

That issue comes from the game! Our league has this issue on several devices, mostly on the old Xbox. It’s not a Headset of Party thing. On Xbox One X it’s better but on the normal Xbox One and the Xbox One S it’s nearly unplayable.

And that problem also comes without a party in the SP. 

Edited by Jaketa
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Very interesting, excellent feedback @dansmotorsport. I'll give this one a shot. (Xbox is my personal account)

No problem pal. Happy to help.

If you have the time to watch bits of it here is my stream from the other night. I have the glitch throughout the race in Canada as I joined a party whist in the game. I try leaving party and joining again as sometimes this helps think it’s around (about 15/16 mins in). After the race I leave the game (but stay in party) then we go to Monaco and although it was a short race as I crashed I didn’t experience the glitch at all. Monaco race starts at about 39 mins into stream. 

I am playing patch 1.06 right now, and can confirm, there are no framedrops anymore and the party is fixed! I think the ticket can be closed 😉

Thanks @BarryBLand the team, thanks for having this bug so high in the priority list 🙂

Time to alter my rating of the game on trueachievements.com 😉

Thanks again for all the work and feedback loops

• Like 1
  • Administrator
On 8/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, TasmanianTiger said:

I am playing patch 1.06 right now, and can confirm, there are no framedrops anymore and the party is fixed! I think the ticket can be closed 😉

Thanks @BarryBLand the team, thanks for having this bug so high in the priority list 🙂

Time to alter my rating of the game on trueachievements.com 😉

Thanks again for all the work and feedback loops

Anyone else have the same feedback on this since 1.06?