Jump to content Jump to content

Horrible micro stutters/freezes

• A detailed description of the issue.

Every single time I race, I experience stutters. It usually happens about every five to ten laps, basically once every online ranked race. When playing longer races, it also happens in the same exact way. What happens is that I'll notice the game freezing up for less than a second and almost always loosing the car. After the first freeze, it takes a second or so for it to freeze again and then for a third time a short time after the second time. So, three small freezes in about two seconds every single race. They always happen three at a time except when starting a One-shot qualifying session where it will freeze when the lights disappear and I can take over. 

This problem also happened for me on F1 2020, but it does not happen when playing any other game, IRacing, CS:GO etc.

• Report Code

KPXS-CHHA-JXPD-AVHE

• Platform?

PC, Windows

• Game-mode?

All game-modes

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Changed graphic settings, audio settings, plug in wireless mouse, validate game files, turn on and off V-Sync, revert Nvidia control panel settings, changed resolution to windowed instead of full-screen.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

The stutter at the start of the One-shot qualifying:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OOtw5GuxU_ykoKTGJ0EX6apK4ejDv9uK/view?usp=sharing

The three stutters followed by each other (sorry for the quality. don't know what happened but you can still see the issue that I'm dealing with:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GACxvi1cQ9ViPooc5m_ZipsbrEtXcLUZ/view?usp=sharing

DxDiag file:

DxDiag.txt

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Just by racing.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, PlumpCheeks said:

I can try to record the stutters again and make a video with better quality if needed.

Hi @PlumpCheeks,

Can you provide your in-game graphical settings as screenshots too. You may need to lower a fair few settings to balance performance vs smoothness on-track

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @PlumpCheeks,

Can you provide your in-game graphical settings as screenshots too. You may need to lower a fair few settings to balance performance vs smoothness on-track

Sure, however I've already tried different settings ranging from Ultra High to Ultra Low without any success.

20210716153647_1.thumb.jpg.f11bfa0a9eef05aa92a631a10af5954e.jpg20210716153636_1.thumb.jpg.a32f17ff6c05b2e991601245fc2fa307.jpg20210716153628_1.thumb.jpg.7a5a660577b47381715af8578e663849.jpg

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, PlumpCheeks said:

I can try to record the stutters again and make a video with better quality if needed.

Hi @PlumpCheeks,

Could be a issue with the refresh rate. Turn Vsync off and change your refresh rate to 'Auto'. Also consider moving down to 1 monitor for testing purposes. 

31 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @PlumpCheeks,

Could be a issue with the refresh rate. Turn Vsync off and change your refresh rate to 'Auto'. Also consider moving down to 1 monitor for testing purposes. 

I tried playing with Ultra Low settings once more and turning off V-Sync, but the stutters still remained. If you watch the second link that I posted in the start of the thread you can see the other car gaining and me loosing time, does that have anything with my WI-FI to do? Or can that be caused by me stuttering and therefore going of the throttle?

Here is a link to the stutters in Ultra Low settings, exactly the same as before:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oypx0sUqeLVvuhHqePCppULpuAkTtjK/view?usp=sharing

Edited by PlumpCheeks
  • Administrator
Just now, PlumpCheeks said:

I'll try changing it to Auto now, but if my screen is 144hz shouldn't the refresh rate be that high?

In theory yes, but worth a troubleshooting shout. I have it on Auto and works well, so worth a shot.

22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

In theory yes, but worth a troubleshooting shout. I have it on Auto and works well, so worth a shot.

I gave it a try, unfortunately it did not solve the stutters.

Here is the stutter crossing the start line again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hiiMLd66ETPxRUWF6l7Dyk1i6BYp-HYo/view?usp=sharing

And here are the three stutters in a row (Notice how I'm losing time as it's happening. I guess it is the game that does not detect the throttle and therefore slows down):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IGUjhVFazgX0PQkKQPogLOGurPstQWmO/view?usp=sharing

The three freezes that follow each other seem to come at the same intervals every single time. Two followed quickly by each other and then one more after. It even happened in the menus and when I was standing still on track. Seems like this problem isn't about my graphic settings, but something else (possibly the game itself?).

Freeze in menus when spectating teammate (sorry for the bad quality...):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fZjpxk6yYEWPsIkcZnR-tLW9akG-5YxC/view?usp=sharing

Freeze when standing still on track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hXxa-_O6M1GyGB9oGR3l7apBrwSS39_t/view?usp=sharing

I am having the exact same issue, this is making the game unbearable to play, because at any moment my race can be ruined.

This is happening both online and offline too, so I don't believe it has anything to do with Internet connection.

I do not use bluetooth controllers (seen in some forum that this causes stuttering)

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X
RX 570
8 GB RAM

Please at least give some light that this is being looked into.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:16 AM, jorgekorke said:

I am having the exact same issue, this is making the game unbearable to play, because at any moment my race can be ruined.

This is happening both online and offline too, so I don't believe it has anything to do with Internet connection.

I do not use bluetooth controllers (seen in some forum that this causes stuttering)

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X
RX 570
8 GB RAM

Please at least give some light that this is being looked into.

Yeah, I also saw that bluetooth controllers caused the game to stutter but I'm using a wheel and pedals that are connected through USB. Hopefully there is a fix in the future, however I had this problem in F1 2020 as well which never disappeared... Maybe we'll get a respond next week. @BarryBL

This unfortunately has to be a game issue. Way to many reports of freeze / stutters. My freeze/ stutters are so bad sometimes it’s a full 2 second freeze. 
I literally have to hold the brake because after the freeze I end up meters ahead of where I was prior to the freeze. 
It does it so much that I know that when I’m around another car or group of cars it’s like the game can’t handle it and bogs down. 

I also notice in your video when another car is near or a structure like the bridge you went under the game stuttered 

Its made the game unplayable it’s race ruining I have tons of videos of racing and they all have freeze and stutter issues. I follow every thread every trouble shooting method and nothing works. 
Everything that could possibly be set to low or ultra low is enabled. 
This is sadder than sad I paid top dollar for this game. 

• Agree 2
On 7/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, blackbillymayes said:

I have the same problem on Xbox One i have a recording here, ignore the audio, thats another bug

This is exactly what is happening to me on Series X, only my capturingvideo made it half-unnoticeable. I will link the bug report too I made. I dont think my report is quite the same issue as OPs, and I think your example perfectly fits in my report. Maybe you can copy-paste your comment there as well? 

And also a very good one:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/82001-video-and-audio-micro-stuttering-repost/?tab=comments#comment-632645

@blackbillymayes and @RhysWon1specifically because of it being the console version stutters. I think your reports are especially usefull here. @BarryBL I hope this is enough info/indication the devs really should get to the bottom of this, even before the new tracks. 

Edited by TasmanianTiger
Expanded upon
  • Agree 1