Jump to content Jump to content

Making pit-stops more thrilling!

Hello dear codies team, racers, 

my suggestion is quite simple, and i think its a great one.

First things first, beginning with f1 2017, my first f1 after a long break, the pit-stops till now never really changed. it is the same procedure ever and ever again till now even in f1 2021.

Saying, in the pit-stops nothing really happens, no blocking tires, no mechanical failures, no mechanics making faults.. its all the time ever the same pit-stop.

So this is where my suggestion kicks in.

Basically, by entering the pit-lane, you have to type four buttons in the correct order without mistakes, to complete a succesful pit-stop without any loss of time.

For example, if i am driving with a controller, wheel or other, by entering the pit-lane i have to type X, Triangle, Circle, Square, (Xbox X, Y, A, B)(PC numbers 1-4 or other), random order, from left to right in the correct order given, to complete a succesful pit-stop without any loss of time, no mechanical failures oder mistakes by mechanics (or different causes).

If i am pressing the wrong button in the order given, i will have to try it again till i have done it right. Pressing the buttons wrong causes f.e. to block a tire from dismounting, mechanics making mistakes or losing time in the pit-stop in generell (differen causes).

So its all up to yourself how your pit-stop will be done. Things get spiced up!

With this innovative pit-stop system you can also practice pit-stops in training sessions. Just add a command in the MFD "pit-stop test" "yes" or "no". Switching to "yes" allows you, after entering the pit-lane, to practice a pit-stop and drive out the pit-lane like in a normal race. Switching to "no", you enter the pit-lane and stay in the garage like usual.

In the pictures below you see one simple example of the suggestion. On the left, after hitting the pit entry line, you get a random order of buttons to press in the correct order, picture on the right.

Please let me know what you guys think, you can also improve this suggestion, just let me know it!

Sincere

example1.jpg

@zTAR1

I sorry but I totally disagree with adding this unless it's something you can turn on & off. As I tend to guzzle beer during pit stops. Adding your plan would only take away from my beer drinking. However, it is a good idea for single player mode.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@zTAR1

I sorry but I totally disagree with adding this unless it's something you can turn on & off. As I tend to guzzle beer during pit stops. Adding your plan would only take away from my beer drinking. However, it is a good idea for single player mode.

I forgot to mention that this suggestion should be an option! I am totally with you. Turning it off and on in the options would be great.

14 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@zTAR1

Agreed. Bring back refueling as well for longer stops. 

24 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

F1 05/06/CE came up with this idea for pit stop and it was great

This is nice to see, i never knew the idea was already used 15 years ago!