Jump to content Jump to content

Overly strong force feedback when taking control of the car in one shot qualifying


Recommended Posts

I've started to just not apply the gas pedal until after I gain control of the car and there's only a VERY slight jerk. It's a very annoying issue and already injured me once with my DD2. If I play normally, when I gain control it does 20Nm of FFB on my wrist turning sharp to the right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adding that this happens also when you play with keyboard and no steering wheel connected (no the FFB effect of course, but the lag spike).

On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's only in one-shot quali, I could swear it happens in practices too.

Edited by rayloriga
Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally stopped playing online. It's just impossible to play a short race with one-shot qualifying lap. I noticed that it doesn't happen only in qualify, but in every first flying lap per track.

Instead of making this stupid braking point story, they should put more effort in making the game playable and less buggy.

I am using Fanatec DD1. I was using 80 FFB in game and I had to reduce to 40 because I got hurt once because of this bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dri_co said:

I literally stopped playing online. It's just impossible to play a short race with one-shot qualifying lap. I noticed that it doesn't happen only in qualify, but in every first flying lap per track.

Instead of making this stupid braking point story, they should put more effort in making the game playable and less buggy.

I am using Fanatec DD1. I was using 80 FFB in game and I had to reduce to 40 because I got hurt once because of this bug.

Right there with ya, my DD2 sprained my wrist and now I'm forced to play on super low FFB for 2 reasons now lol. I'd love to hear that they know this bug exists and are working on a resolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hendrycks said:

Right there with ya, my DD2 sprained my wrist and now I'm forced to play on super low FFB for 2 reasons now lol. I'd love to hear that they know this bug exists and are working on a resolution.

Well, this is the first time in the F1 series that there is a bug, which can really injure people. I hope there is swift solution to this before more wrist get sprained or worse.

@BarryBL I think you should put a note about this as sticky to limit the potential exposure.

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LonelyRacer said:

Well, this is the first time in the F1 series that there is a bug, which can really injure people. I hope there is swift solution to this before more wrist get sprained or worse.

@BarryBL I think you should put a note about this as sticky to limit the potential exposure.

Cheers.

Yeah like I 100% get that the wheel has a Torque warning but F1 2021 is doing 100% FFB at random times when I take control. It can be practice programmes, Qualy, etc. The game hitches, it does 100% to the right and now I'm white-knuckling as hard as I can at a 45deg angle to the left when I gain control and not using throttle to lessen the blow. It's really frustrating to deal with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like just a lagg spike, not really a force feedback problem. However, force feedback doesn't like lagg spikes, so it will turn you right in to the wall. (that will happen always when having any kind of lagg).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day

I've noticed that there may be a bug which nearly injured me 3-4 times. Platform [PC]

When doing online races and one-shot qualifying, the steering wheel gives a massive kick at full force feedback and turns to the right when handing over control to you fro the AI.

I have a Fanatec Podium F1 DD1 base which makes it very very dangerous. If you do not expect that hard kick from the steering wheel, it will definitely break a finger or cause serious injury. I basically have to grip the steering wheel very hard until control is fully handed over to me. In the past on F1 2020 there was a very light kick/twitch on the steering wheel, but this time it is like the gain is multiplied by 10+.

Please investigate this and fix this, as this is quite a serious bug in my opinion. I am willing to assist in giving information or testing a fix for it.

Kind Regards

Quintin

Edited by QtiN
Updated platform
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

Testing complete and is due in a upcoming patch. We appreciate your patience and we are working hard to get this to you as soon as possible. 

Many thanks,

Barry

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL Tested some One-Shot Qualifying in Grand Prix mode. Most of the snap to the right and stutter upon taking control is fixed.

There is still some small jolt to the right, but its only like 5-10% of what it was. Alot more playable, but would be awesome if it was possible to fix 100%. 😎

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Phoenix90 said:

@BarryBL Tested some One-Shot Qualifying in Grand Prix mode. Most of the snap to the right and stutter upon taking control is fixed.

There is still some small jolt to the right, but its only like 5-10% of what it was. Alot more playable, but would be awesome if it was possible to fix 100%. 😎

@BarryBL I can concur, the huge jolt has been fixed, but there is still the light jolt. But if you restart the session, there is none, so something iffy still going on on the first "run".

Cheers

Edited by LonelyRacer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, LonelyRacer said:

@BarryBL I can concur, the huge jolt has been fixed, but there is still the light jolt. But if you restart the session, there is none, so something iffy still going on on the first "run".

Cheers

We'll keep looking. However, we are confident this is fixed to a point where it is now more than easy enough for drivers to catch the wheel when taking control from AI

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cocchi1990 said:

@BarryBLThe same issue also in trial time after the 5 lights when start or restart the lap. (Patch 1.07)

We'll  need a new report from you as the example in the discussed is fixed.

Please raise a new report and complete the template @Cocchi1990

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...