Jump to content Jump to content

Allow us to turn off driver transfers.

I think i'd prefer more control over Driver Transfers rather than the removal of the option to have it.

For example, hypothetical scenario;

It's Austria and Verstappen has done his usual spectacular series of races, although Perez is having an absolute clanger of a season and is barely picking up points but Gasly is on a heater.  I'd like to manually be able to put Gasly in the Red Bull seat as it's a move that makes sense and then fill the Alpha Tauri seat with someone that makes sense.  For example, Alonso went to Alpha on my first mid-season transfers and I don't think he'd be their usual choice based on form.  I wouldn't see Perez going to Alpha if he was replaced by Gasly, therefore it can't be a straight swap so i'd promote Daruvala or something or have Ticktum re-enter the Red Bull program.  Something that would make sense in a normal narrative. Perez then becomes the hottest free agent on the grid and is ready to replace whomever has a lousy second half of the season. 

I think the whole system needs tweaking as there's no hype or excitement for any of the moves. For example, if Max was going to Mercedes then there'd be more than a one line entry saying Verstappen ---> Mercedes.  There are bigger issues than the showpiece of it though. I'd like if there were reports tied to the focus stat, for example, if Perez is having a few bad races and Gasly was doing well then there'd be a story like "Is Perez's Red Bull seat under threat?!" just to make it less of an afterthought.

Taking away an option because it's not working correctly seems like a ham-fisted option when giving more autonomy to users allows the function to work as it was intended.

• Like 1

No one is asking to take away driver transfers, just to have the option to reduce/remove it if we want, as an OPTION.

In other words just give is back the option that was patched in in 2019 after multiple topics of this very same nature.

Why on earth did someone decide to remove it?? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

No one is asking to take away driver transfers, just to have the option to reduce/remove it if we want, as an OPTION.

In other words just give is back the option that was patched in in 2019 after multiple topics of this very same nature.

Why on earth did someone decide to remove it?? 🤦‍♂️

I presume this is aimed towards my post?   I've not suggested that anyone is saying to take away driver transfers.  However, the OP (and every subsequent comment) is about the turning off of the option, which isn't much use for the majority of people who'd want the driver transfers, but a more realistic option. 

The last thing anyone wants is for it to go backwards back to 2018 where it's rigid and nobody has suggested that driver transfers should be removed....  I just mean that only including an option to turn them off isn't fixing the problem. It's just avoiding it in the laziest way.

Like, I want driver transfers, so the off function isn't any use to me. However, it's clearly not working as it is supposed to currently. I found last years to be too stagnant and this years to be too erratic so some control over what happens is desired as it's not overly fun if you're in a title battle with Hamilton's Mercedes and he bins them off to go to middle-of-the-road Ferrari because you have no control. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Then we back to 10 season of exactly same order which is not great. They just need to do some actual work and get them working on a realistic and sensible way. Just turning them off is not the answer and a cop out of a system they introduced and have miserably failed to make work in 3 years . 

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Then we back to 10 season of exactly same order which is not great. They just need to do some actual work and get them working on a realistic and sensible way. Just turning them off is not the answer and a cop out of a system they introduced and have miserably failed to make work in 3 years . 

Another option would be to let us choose individualy driver transfers or just turn they completely off.

• Agree 1

Or just make the system work right lol. 10 season of exactly same driver line up  is completely unrealistic so personally I don't want them to be turned off but yes put the option there for those that do. But I believe most if not all would rather a system that makes sense over no moves at all.....

• Agree 1

Thank you Barry but why was it taken out in the first place doesn't make sense to take something away that was there in F1 2020 ?

I don't want Stroll going to Mercedes and Verstappen impossible. I would like to change when I want, turn it on that is, prob Season 3 or 4.

Thanks for your answer any way.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any indication of their inclinations towards this?   I am 95% sure it'll be a brush-it-under-the-carpet approach of just having an on/off option which would be pretty pants.  I guess relaxed (where anything goes) / realistic (where they're sensible) / off (nothing happens except driver team and then just a switch between your F2 driver choice and the replacement if you chose a real driver) is probably where people would be hedging their bets.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they go the extra inch and make the transfers controllable, even if there are acclaim restrictions. (For example, Haas don't have the acclaim to sign Hamilton so you can't just bin the best drivers to the back of the grid). 

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Is there any indication of their inclinations towards this?   I am 95% sure it'll be a brush-it-under-the-carpet approach of just having an on/off option which would be pretty pants.  I guess relaxed (where anything goes) / realistic (where they're sensible) / off (nothing happens except driver team and then just a switch between your F2 driver choice and the replacement if you chose a real driver) is probably where people would be hedging their bets.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they go the extra inch and make the transfers controllable, even if there are acclaim restrictions. (For example, Haas don't have the acclaim to sign Hamilton so you can't just bin the best drivers to the back of the grid). 

Would be nice but in the current situation - a huge load of work still to be done to make this game more like what it should have been in the first place - i highly doubt it haha but we can hope for the best😀

On 9/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

This would be the ideal scenario really. As an option obviously so you get to the end of the season and the game then asks you if you want to change the driver lineups. Press yes and you're free to change as you like including deciding which drivers retire but if you press no then it will work like it does now and the AI controls it.

Would love something similar where you can change drivers stats between races or seasons.. Ricciardo for example: end of 2020 season 1 at Renault with 92 pace but season 2 at McLaren you could change his pace to 85 and then back to 90 for season 3. Could decide for one race that a driver performs better than usual (going back a bit but Hill at Hungary 97 for example- say about 87 pace all season but knock it to 98 before the Hungary race so he performs better and then back to 87 after the race). 

Suggesting that since the Focus stat is a bit of a failure and not working properly. (Maybe it should reset every season so everyone's back to 75+ for Round 1)

• Agree 1