Jump to content Jump to content

Allow us to turn off driver transfers.

13 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

This would be the ideal scenario really. As an option obviously so you get to the end of the season and the game then asks you if you want to change the driver lineups. Press yes and you're free to change as you like including deciding which drivers retire but if you press no then it will work like it does now and the AI controls it.

Would love something similar where you can change drivers stats between races or seasons.. Ricciardo for example: end of 2020 season 1 at Renault with 92 pace but season 2 at McLaren you could change his pace to 85 and then back to 90 for season 3. Could decide for one race that a driver performs better than usual (going back a bit but Hill at Hungary 97 for example- say about 87 pace all season but knock it to 98 before the Hungary race so he performs better and then back to 87 after the race). 

Suggesting that since the Focus stat is a bit of a failure and not working properly. (Maybe it should reset every season so everyone's back to 75+ for Round 1)

What would be ideal is the game could be trusted to get it rightish.. As it’s not enabling the user to do it has to be a better option.

It’s not just this game it’s any sports game that has transfers... I get annoyed with fifa when a top club signs an over the hill player in his mid to late 30’s... like that would happen 😂

I don't like the idea to control everything what happens in the game. It is an immersive breaker for me. For sure, you could avoid immersive breaker transfers, I agree.

But nevertheless the system in the game is already there, which could cause realistic transfers. It just should get to work and should add some features. Some Examples:

• The teams are already split up in Ferrari Teams (Haas, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari), Red Bull Teams (Alfa Tauri, Red Bull), Mercedes Teams (Mercedes, Williams (maybe still Aston Martin? Note sure anymore)), Renault Team (Alpin) and McLaren. The Team classification can be seen when starting a F2 Driver Career. 

So there are drivers that drive for Alfa Tauri but have contract with the Red Bull Team overall. A Driver for Alfa Tauri shouldn't make a swap to a Ferrari Team for example, except he was sorted out by the Red Bull teams and become a free agent (like Albon in real life). Other things can happen to drivers who are not bonded to the team classificiation like Sainz' swap from McLaren to Ferrari. Next to it, there are the F2 drivers. Some of them are already bonded to some team classificiations and should only be able to replace a driver from the same team classificiation he is in. There are some drivers who don't belong to a Team classificiation and are more free to change the team than the others. Example: While Russell is a clear mercedes driver and should only be able to make a step to mercedes AMG and not to another team classificiation (except he becomes a free agent), Vettel is more free to drive for a team he wants.

Here should come another rule of the system, which is already implemented in the game:

• The Teams and drivers acclaim should be more divided , to have more difference between the drivers and teams acclaim.
    • There should be bigger steps, like an Acclaim of 50 is needed to drive for mercedes, while haas need an acclaim of 10 for example. (For sure you have to adjust the amount of acclaim points after good races). So you can differ more between the acclaim levels of the drivers then. Nevertheless the whole acclaim system should get to work. Like already mentioned, a haas driver with less then 40 acclaim (example) should not be able to make a step to Ferrari, if Ferraris Acclaim Level is set to 40 after beeing 3rd in the season EXCEPT the haas driver has a contract with the ferrari overall. (like Schumacher or Leclerc). 
  • Here we come to the bonuses a driver can have: like I mentioned a Ferrari academy driver like leclerc and Schumacher should need less acclaim to make a swap to Ferrari happen. So they could have a bonus of +10 of acclaim for a ferrari classifciation team, while Schumachers basic acclaim is 12 at the start of the game for example. Another bonus could be money. Example: Mazepin never won a championship in formula 2, surely his acclaim is not the level of the acclaim of Schumacher (maybe about 7). But because of his money in the background he has a bonus of +5 what makes him possible to drive for Haas, if a acclaim of 10 is needed for Haas. The same could work for Latifi or Perez. 
  • The Performance of the team and of the driver in a whole season should determine how high the team acclaim is.
    • Example: The Team who had won the title, should be the most attractive team with the highest acclaim. A bad season for McLaren should be make the acclaim which is needed to swap to this team more easy, because it's acclaim is less, than it was, when the team was in fight for the title for example. In addition to that there can be some more features implimented. For Example that Ferrari always has a high acclaim just because of its acclaim in Formula 1 overall. The same relates to the drivers. If Hamilton has a bad season and finished 3rd or 4th in a season, he should have less acclaim than the season before, but he should be still higher then a Norris. Just because of Hamiltons expierences and his succesful career (so his basic stats given by CM when starting the game should be high to manage this). But with more worse season he should loose more and more acclaim. (thats what happend to Vettel in real life for example. While he was in talk for the best teams on the grid, after he won his championships with Red Bull, he nowerdays has more problems to find a good team, while Ferrari and Red Bull weren't intersted anymore, after he had a bad season with ferrari).
  • For the one of you who say, that in this system a driver swap like bottas to Alfa Romeo never whould happen like in real life, there should CM be able to update the drivers bondages like they update the drivers skills for example. For example, when Gaslys contract with red bull gets quit (in real life), because he is very unhappy with his chances there, CM should be able to quit his bondage in the game too, to make a transfer to another team based on the acclaim system possible. 

Just some thoughts of me, but this should be possibile to impliment into the game, just because some parts of it are already there in the game. A good mechanic would be much more immersive than to control everything by our owns. I don't want to write the story of the other teams. I would like to be part of a story of the whole system which is totally comprehansible. 

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 4
7 hours ago, Aef251 said:

My first season of my team. Mercedes has dropped the championship leader, Bottas, in favour of Tsunoda. I resigned my driver Lungaard so it is not something I triggered. 

Could you tell me what gap there is on average between Hamilton and Tsunoda in qualifying? Im curious cause i wonder about the pace stat haha

Mid season, Mercedes dropped the championship leader. Bottas was up 25 points over Verstappen. Now Tsunoda is in the seat and Bottas has no seat. Hamilton is 31 points back.  Either the model needs to make sense or disable it for the AI teams.

I think the best option would be to let us manually transfer the drivers. Also swap with F2 and retire them. I don't see it a big problem you just have to add the option for the function that is already there. Just let players decide everything. I can imagine some great 'what if's?' if I can control it.

• Agree 2
On 9/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, BigRedMnstr said:

I think the best option would be to let us manually transfer the drivers. Also swap with F2 and retire them. I don't see it a big problem you just have to add the option for the function that is already there. Just let players decide everything. I can imagine some great 'what if's?' if I can control it.

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for.  People don’t tend to sabotage their own saves so there’s little drawback. 
I do think some option for people that don’t like the idea should be retained (such as transfers off or end of season only… or even if it’s just relaxed/realistic/off). I think providing more autonomy to choose whom is where is the option that will cause the least discontent. 
There’s no point them including just an option to turn driver transfers off as it just means there’ll be a new ‘call’ raised to include player control over transfers. Just changing the problem, not providing a solution. 
I guess we’ll see soon enough if it is with developers! 

• Agree 3

In our coop season (Start almost since release of the game) we already finsihed Monza now, and it was announced that Raikkönen and Alonso are going to retire.. damn.. I am really afraid of what will happen now on transfer market. Normally this could be a situation, which I should look forward to but I know that the game has no mechanics with driver transfers yet.. I really really hope the next update gives us a solution for this immersive problem. 

We have a great battle with McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes (we are 4th best car) and I really hope that no one of them make a swap to the alpin or alfa romeo (except for bottas naturally 😛, but then I am afraid of what happens do Mercedes...) 

Edited by DonBlanko
On 9/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, BarryBL said:

I've got some time to get through some of the more popular suggestions. Apologies for the delay. 

In, reported and added for the designers to consider. 

Do you have any news/updates for this please?

I would love the option to choose the drivers line up myself. Like other people on here said, just give us the option and still have the option to let the AI handle it for people that don’t want like the idea. It would make the game so much more fun to me. This is actually the reason I don’t enjoy it anymore and stopped playing. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/27/2021 at 11:07 AM, Bauer said:

Count Days

103 days
16 July 2021 - 27 October 2021

If it’s not here when the next track is release I doubt it will be here at all. 

All @BarryBL can do is pass it on to developers for consideration.  Ofcourse having him pass it on adds weight and increases the chance it will be put into a upcoming update. But it’s down to the developers to decide.  Nowhere in his post did he say it would happen.. but as I said he’s passed the suggestion on. 

I would assume all the developers still working on this game main focus and priority will be fixing the most serious off issues still in the game.  Although current driver transfers are seriously annoying they are not game breaking.

Youve made the suggestion and you got a reply. In all things in general when you Keep on asking makes those your asking less likely to engage in the future.  As my daughter only knows to well. 

Consider yourself honoured.  He ignores all my awesome suggestions 😂

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

All @BarryBL can do is pass it on to developers for consideration.  Ofcourse having him pass it on adds weight and increases the chance it will be put into a upcoming update. But it’s down to the developers to decide.  Nowhere in his post did he say it would happen.. but as I said he’s passed the suggestion on. 

I would assume all the developers still working on this game main focus and priority will be fixing the most serious off issues still in the game.  Although current driver transfers are seriously annoying they are not game breaking.

Youve made the suggestion and you got a reply. In all things in general when you Keep on asking makes those your asking less likely to engage in the future.  As my daughter only knows to well. 

Haha, apart from the last bit, all makes total sense.

Suggestion is passed on and under discussion with the team. Unfortunately, that is how Suggestions work and there is no guarantee. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yup, if anything people should complain about the devs themself making bad decisions/taking too long for a simple decision - "only out of season transfers" were in past games, adding that shouldnt even be a difficult decision when you see what stupid changes and season breaking transfers happen, but in the end the people making "big" decisions are often not the best at making reasonable decisions, just in general, as can be seen in politics, economy, medicine etc. All you can do is hope they make a decision on this before F1 2022, if it should be released😝

35 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Yup, if anything people should complain about the devs themself making bad decisions/taking too long for a simple decision - "

Or they should have got it right in the first place.

As I do find it strange.  We have more control over how we play career modes than we ever have.., but the two areas that we would really like some control.  Transfers and weather.  We don’t even get simple on/off option.  

14 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

As I do find it strange.  We have more control over how we play career modes than we ever have.., but the two areas that we would really like some control.  Transfers and weather.  We don’t even get simple on/off option.  

Well kinda, its just the areas we would like control now that we got control over all the other stuff in career😉 gotte give Codies that they gave they players more control! But i agree a simple on off shouldnt even be a huge debate

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I can only agree. How can you just ignore such important options for users? I bought the game only a few weeks ago, hoping that most of the shortcomings would now be fixed. But unfortunately that is not the case. Four months after its release, the game is obviously still a construction site.
It should be possible to offer an ON/OFF option for the driver transfers and an option for the frequency of rain for the weather. Or is that so difficult?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...