Jump to content Jump to content

The AI are way too strong.

In my opinion the AI are too fast. In the previous game I could beat them on 110 difficulty with no assists on most tracks with the Mercedes. Now I am always atleast a second off the pace of the AI. The lap times they set are way faster than real life. I just did a qualifying session around Austria and Hamilton set a 1.01.470 while Max Verstappens pole time in real life was a 1.03.720. I rode onboard with Hamilton's AI and he is braking 20 or 30 meters later than I can and he is just lifting for a second and then straight back on the power through turn 7 and 9, which seems so crazy to me. 

22 hours ago, LJLiam8 said:

Had to add extra components on my team due to wear, I didn’t get a penalty even though I should have. Anyone else having this glitch?

8 minutes ago, littlelasso said:

In my opinion the AI are too fast. In the previous game I could beat them on 110 difficulty with no assists on most tracks with the Mercedes. Now I am always atleast a second off the pace of the AI. The lap times they set are way faster than real life. I just did a qualifying session around Austria and Hamilton set a 1.01.470 while Max Verstappens pole time in real life was a 1.03.720. I rode onboard with Hamilton's AI and he is braking 20 or 30 meters later than I can and he is just lifting for a second and then straight back on the power through turn 7 and 9, which seems so crazy to me. 

Obviously, the max difficulty settings are build for people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY7YrfdnI5g

Although I do agree the cars are a bit too fast this year compare to real life (which probably has something to do with engine power), if it's too hard for you then you should tune the difficulty lower, it's not a shameful thing to do. Not everyone here is a monster like the video above, but for those who are very good at this game they would be looking for more challenge which is exactly what this year's game did. 

3 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Obviously, the max difficulty settings are build for people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY7YrfdnI5g

Although I do agree the cars are a bit too fast this year compare to real life (which probably has something to do with engine power), if it's too hard for you then you should tune the difficulty lower, it's not a shameful thing to do. Not everyone here is a monster like the video above, but for those who are very good at this game they would be looking for more challenge which is exactly what this year's game did. 

Yeah but the current world record time around Austria is a 1.02.020, 6 tenths slower than the time Hamilton's AI set. I think that's kind of broken.

1 minute ago, littlelasso said:

Yeah but the current world record time around Austria is a 1.02.020, 6 tenths slower than the time Hamilton's AI set. I think that's kind of broken.

Was it done in Career/MyTeam mode though? The upgrades' effect are massive in this game. 

Edited by DRTApophis

It bothers me that the AI and the player for that matter are capable of setting times significantly faster than real life. And feeling that the AI sometimes seem on rails, just handicapped - like when racing in the wet in previous games.

Now having to lower the difficulty is really a no-issue, in my opinion. I would me concerned if I didn't have degrees of difficulty to raise or fall back to, like 1 being too hard and 110 a piece of cake.

Codemasters has confirmed though that it is intentional. The AI gets better overall on each installment. Then again, those parameters being satisfied I really see no problem.

Out of curiosity, after getting used to the new handling how many points did you guys need to decrease in the AI level?

3 minutes ago, marioho said:

It bothers me that the AI and the player for that matter are capable of setting times significantly faster than real life. And feeling that the AI sometimes seem on rails, just handicapped - like when racing in the wet in previous games.

Now having to lower the difficulty is really a no-issue, in my opinion. I would me concerned if I didn't have degrees of difficulty to raise or fall back to, like 1 being too hard and 110 a piece of cake.

Codemasters has confirmed though that it is intentional. The AI gets better overall on each installment. Then again, those parameters being satisfied I really see no problem.

Out of curiosity, after getting used to the new handling how many points did you guys need to decrease in the AI level?

I lowered the difficulty by about 5% on average so far (used to be 105-110 depends on track), though that might have something to do with not having optimized setups yet, I'm just focusing on making the car easier to drive so I can do consistent lap times.

• Like 1