Jump to content Jump to content

Is Tatiana Calderon available to be hired as a teammate still as my gf likes to have an all female team . ? Deal breaker for her still if she not I get to save 60 pound and get it in sale ....... 

Yes my gf got really in to the game and loved having Tatiana as her teammate . She actually beat few of my time trial times and I play on 103 ai so she got prettyyyyy fast . No ideal line as we both hate that . But yes she disappointed not to have the all female option . 

• Agree 1
On 7/17/2021 at 4:41 AM, FTBuzzard said:

I had an all female team in F1 2020, with me (yes I am a girl) and Calderon. 

I have a question, does it bug you to no end female player avatar still don't have hair? Because it bugs the hell out of me.

• Agree 1
On 7/17/2021 at 7:50 AM, Aef251 said:

I think they could have added the option for fictional rookies to become available after year 1 including women. 

This.  110% this.   If we're stuck using 2020's F2 drivers again for Career mode at least give us fictional drivers that come into the Career modes later on.  It makes no sense to be in year 7 of a career mode and still only having drivers from 2020 to pick from.  It's just another missed opportunity for this series to increase immersion and replay value in the core game modes.   It's been talked for a while now around here yet they continue to not pay attention to their fanbase.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

This.  110% this.   If we're stuck using 2020's F2 drivers again for Career mode at least give us fictional drivers that come into the Career modes later on.  It makes no sense to be in year 7 of a career mode and still only having drivers from 2020 to pick from.  It's just another missed opportunity for this series to increase immersion and replay value in the core game modes.   It's been talked for a while now around here yet they continue to not pay attention to their fanbase.

Funny thing is in the last month I was playing Motorsport Manager, first time I played it, and I was just baffled at the amount of detail they put into that game when it comes to stuff like that. Driver stats are insane, they all develop personalities and traits, like certain drivers, hate others, prefer cars handling a certain way, get buffs/debuffs from tons of little side stories the game has for every driver. Age plays a factor in how their stats increase or decrease. Pay drivers are a thing. Every year a bunch of new rookies appear as free agents, some suck, some are bad but have insane potential to be world champions one day, some are good but won't really get better. Pre-Season car development and testing is a thing. On the manager side, you get to really develop the car beyond just every tick in the development tree being "better", you can even develop parts that give you a massive edge over the rest but are "risky" and could be penalized by the FiA (or whatever its name is in the game) if it's judged illegal. Season to season the transition is so much more natural than in F1, with last year's parts becoming the new basic parts, and upgrading from there.

Then I start My Team career mode in F1 2021 and... it's just 2020 again. Same development tree, except it's not a tree anymore, they're side by side. Drivers are all static. The new "Focus" stat is just, meh, okay. It's there, it wasn't before, that's great but... okay. No new rookies, ever, and they didn't even leave the F2 2019/F1 2020 grid as free agents so you can still hire Albon/Kvyat/Grosjean/Magnussen/Hubert/Calderon, even though they're all in the game in Breaking Point. It's all so... lazy.

Edited by v12vanquish135
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, v12vanquish135 said:

I have a question, does it bug you to no end female player avatar still don't have hair? Because it bugs the hell out of me.

i don't care. most of the time the character wears a helmet anyway. 

3 hours ago, v12vanquish135 said:

Funny thing is in the last month I was playing Motorsport Manager, first time I played it, and I was just baffled at the amount of detail they put into that game when it comes to stuff like that. Driver stats are insane, they all develop personalities and traits, like certain drivers, hate others, prefer cars handling a certain way, get buffs/debuffs from tons of little side stories the game has for every driver. Age plays a factor in how their stats increase or decrease. Pay drivers are a thing. Every year a bunch of new rookies appear as free agents, some suck, some are bad but have insane potential to be world champions one day, some are good but won't really get better. Pre-Season car development and testing is a thing. On the manager side, you get to really develop the car beyond just every tick in the development tree being "better", you can even develop parts that give you a massive edge over the rest but are "risky" and could be penalized by the FiA (or whatever its name is in the game) if it's judged illegal. Season to season the transition is so much more natural than in F1, with last year's parts becoming the new basic parts, and upgrading from there.

Then I start My Team career mode in F1 2021 and... it's just 2020 again. Same development tree, except it's not a tree anymore, they're side by side. Drivers are all static. The new "Focus" stat is just, meh, okay. It's there, it wasn't before, that's great but... okay. No new rookies, ever, and they didn't even leave the F2 2019/F1 2020 grid as free agents so you can still hire Albon/Kvyat/Grosjean/Magnussen/Hubert/Calderon, even though they're all in the game in Breaking Point. It's all so... lazy.

But you can't compare a manager game with a racing simulation. myTeam is a nice feature, but it will never be as extensive as Motorsport manager, because the focus of the game is different.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This really annoys me actually. It would have been the simplest thing to have included art least a few female team mates. There are, for example, 20 to choose from in the W Series. Either Codemasters hasn’t thought of it (which is not really acceptable in 2021) or F1 Management has vetoed it, which is worse. If they can literally bring drivers back from the dead, then including a couple of drivers without a Y chromosome cannot be too much to ask. 

• Agree 2
30 minutes ago, TIHG said:

This really annoys me actually. It would have been the simplest thing to have included art least a few female team mates. There are, for example, 20 to choose from in the W Series. Either Codemasters hasn’t thought of it (which is not really acceptable in 2021) or F1 Management has vetoed it, which is worse. If they can literally bring drivers back from the dead, then including a couple of drivers without a Y chromosome cannot be too much to ask. 

W Series is a private series and has nothing to do with F1.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, FTBuzzard said:

I had an all female team in F1 2020, with me (yes I am a girl) and Calderon. It was fun, but it took Tatiana a long time to get good results.
I miss having a female teammate.

Me too, but she was soooo slow😞

On 7/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, v12vanquish135 said:

Yes it bugs me, although I always wore my hear down the back of my race suit, so you would never see it when I had my helmet on. Of more importance is the lack of shape to the female avatars... not sure how detailed I can get on this PG forum but, I do not look like a young boy in a race suit...! And yes a couple of W series drivers as recruitment options would have been greatly appreciated, and if W series is not under the licence then maybe some former F1 testers could've been used eg Susie Wolff. 

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

W Series is a private series and has nothing to do with F1.

I don’t think that’s relevant to the point I was making, which is that it wouldn’t be hard to identify female racing drivers for the game. 

1 hour ago, TIHG said:

I don’t think that’s relevant to the point I was making, which is that it wouldn’t be hard to identify female racing drivers for the game. 

I'd love that (I'm also a girl racer). For example, Football Manager have announced that women's football will be included in a future version. I know it's a bit different for them, they follow multiple leagues rather than be solely associated with one, but now that W Series has a slot on F1 weekends and therefore a step closer to being linked with F1, and drivers like Jamie Chadwick and Jessica Hawkins are associated with F1 teams now, I'd love to have them in the driver pool at least. If F1 is going to be banging on about inclusivity, then perhaps eventually stick the W Series in the game as an extra feeder league.

...get Imola, Portimao and Jeddah finished first though. 😁

• Agree 1
On 7/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, Naxlr said:

Is Tatiana Calderon available to be hired as a teammate still as my gf likes to have an all female team . ? Deal breaker for her still if she not I get to save 60 pound and get it in sale ....... 

well if you’re into mods…

zs9mtD.jpgQ46BT7.jpg

She didn't complete last season so understable that she not available. But still doesn't excuse no female options for teammates tho . Sure there is females who play the game and would like to have an all female team . Those who call it unrealistic and immersion breaking don't have to touch the option but the option should be there .......

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

She didn't complete last season so understable that she not available. 

Since F2 2019 season is part of Braking Point and therefore part of the game, i don't think it's undersatble why she's not available for myTeam.

Edited by FTBuzzard
12 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

She didn't complete last season so understable that she not available. But still doesn't excuse no female options for teammates tho . Sure there is females who play the game and would like to have an all female team . Those who call it unrealistic and immersion breaking don't have to touch the option but the option should be there .......

Absolutely. I mean, if someone’s complaining that it’s unrealistic to include certain female drivers in a game that lets an owner driver with no experience of F1 just buy up a team, launch it, and become world champion in 3-4 years, I don’t think their problem is genuinely realism...

• Agree 1

I would actually like to see the fictional drivers available to hire in My Team, like Sophie Levasseur and Harry Barnes or whatever his name is.

Yes, I know they exist as emergency pay drivers if you somehow sabotage your finances, but what I mean if that I wish they could be viable options to hire too.

I know I'd much rather see Levasseur racing in F1 in my career mode than Dan Ticktum...

25 minutes ago, Blent said:

I would actually like to see the fictional drivers available to hire in My Team, like Sophie Levasseur and Harry Barnes or whatever his name is.

Yes, I know they exist as emergency pay drivers if you somehow sabotage your finances, but what I mean if that I wish they could be viable options to hire too.

I know I'd much rather see Levasseur racing in F1 in my career mode than Dan Ticktum...

i once had one of the fictional characters as a teammate in f1 2020, they had a rating half as good as Mahaveer Raghunathan's

Ticktum is the better choice 😄

1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

i once had one of the fictional characters as a teammate in f1 2020, they had a rating half as good as Mahaveer Raghunathan's

Ticktum is the better choice 😄

Unfortunately for Ticktum, I don't care if he's rated 99 in everything, I'm never going to hire someone as obnoxious as him!