Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

500 hours of Dirt Rally

Yes, I actually hit 500 hours played. Would you believe it... ;) (I know some people with even more hours played!)

And the best part? I'm not bored with the game. Not one bit. It feels as fresh and exciting as when I first started out back in May. I keep finding ways to improve, although, granted, it gets harder and harder to squeeze that tiny bit extra speed out of the cars, and the extra seconds off the PB's. And it doesn't end there; there are guys (and girls, I believe) that are insanely quick, and extremely tough to get anywhere near on the leaderboards. Some of them I can't match for the life of me. So, there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

Anyway - thank you, Codemasters. I haven't had this much fun in a game since my Quake 3 days.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, I actually hit 500 hours played. Would you believe it... ;) (I know some people with even more hours played!)

And the best part? I'm not bored with the game. Not one bit. It feels as fresh and exciting as when I first started out back in May. I keep finding ways to improve, although, granted, it gets harder and harder to squeeze that tiny bit extra speed out of the cars, and the extra seconds off the PB's. And it doesn't end there; there are guys (and girls, I believe) that are insanely quick, and extremely tough to get anywhere near on the leaderboards. Some of them I can't match for the life of me. So, there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

Anyway - thank you, Codemasters. I haven't had this much fun in a game since my Quake 3 days.

Keep up the good work.
The 500 hours shows in your times. I use your and JC1's times to judge if a time is legit or not. :)

Many hours played. Quite impressive , as well as you guy's stage times.

just a quick question for my orientation:
I have now about 22 hours played (lol - I know) and I recently earned enough money to finally buy my so loved 205 T16 Grp B car.  So I entered the Monte Dirt weeky event and finished about 124th or so over all. (classifiaction for the moment - 4 days to go for the event i think)
Well is this an acceptable placement or do I suck greatly at this Sim??  playing with keyboard though for the moment till my racing wheel arrives...

I just clocked in 100+ hours, and I thought that I played this too much :blush: 

Oh well, the struggle to get a top 50 placement in the dailies continues :-)

I'm at 208 hours, not bored with it at all just like porkhammer, enjoying the game, thanks Codemasters!

Keep up the good work.
500 hours and you didn't upgrade the Fulvia?? (iirc) and if there are guys and girls who you can't match then I don't know what.

Aside from that, I agree. Best racing game ever, one of the best games ever. Codies, I hated you for the Dirt series, but thank you so much, this more than makes up for it.

I did get the Fulvia upgraded actually, Doc! Not that long ago though... My Manta is stuck on 2/4 upgrades however, and my Sierra is on 3/4. Every other car is upgraded!

I'm at 153 hours :) Almost twice as much as my second most played game (which happens to be GRID Autosport :D) 

dgeesi0 said:
fulvia will never be upgraded :p.........
  dito ! its a nice tiny car, but it felt sometimes like I had to get out of the car and push it on some uphill stages .
f.e: Waldaufstieg ...omg :D  

Only cars that need upgrades on my part are the new RX cars, only bought the DS3 so far, so still have to run a couple of RX championships in order to get them all upgraded, working on the rally championship in order to win with the Mini Cooper, I just can't get myself to continue, it's just too slow and painful, stages are long in the Mini Cooper S :pensive: 

I did get the Fulvia upgraded actually, Doc! Not that long ago though... My Manta is stuck on 2/4 upgrades however, and my Sierra is on 3/4. Every other car is upgraded!
500h and still not all cars upgraded? use perks!! use them, use the specific for car class, car, traction...

I have perks. I just cba driving through all those championship rallies. Sometimes it bores me so much that I take involuntary micronaps mid-stage.

234 hours and taking a break right now to pursue other interests and be fresh for finland and sweden... Great game.

Didzis said:
dgeesi0 said:
fulvia will never be upgraded :p.........
I got the final upgrade in the last daily :D

I thought it was something like santa claus or alien the 8th passenger.... it can be done! now I believe.

A little update... ;)                                                                     

you 1337 guy :D