Jump to content Jump to content

Well done Codemasters

There are a lot of things to like, and some to dislike. To keep the positive vibe of the opening post, here are some I like after the early access period like 10-12 hours into the game (and I skip my dislikes for somewhere else):

• handling in general seems improved / interesting if you like simulation / a challenge
  • other than in beta handling does not seem too arcade any more
  • finding a setup is really hard at the moment, old setups cant be used, i like that challenge
  • AI noticeably improved
  • (high level setting) sound in tunnel in Monaco is awesome (a slight bit overdone maybe)
  • dampened sound to simulate sound in a drivers helmet the like
  • victory yell a nice idea
  • engine / car sounds a bit better now
  • CGI renders look totally awesome (wish we had that in the game in general)
  • difficulty setting in breaking point really has something for everyone (tried them all)
  • calls from mom are just as annoying as IRL 😛 
  • damage model a (first) step into the right direction
  • grand prix mode allows for individual calendar, including double headers and China / Australia (what a shame that myteam does not)
  • more circuits to come

Now keep going, fix the bugs quickly, give myteam mode some love (=individual calendar) and we are on the road for another "best" F1 game, at least it seems we could get there.

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, devJS said:

Agree. Whoever did the handling for F12021 is a legend!

I could not agree more - while it is degenitely more challenging this year - I do have the feeling of driving a car this year 

My first ride through Eau Rouge this year have me such s smile on the Face / That it was worth to pay the money of the game ….

However - still missing the new tracks and layouts 

However still guess that it is too hard without TC vs a real car ….

- still annoying is that you achieve with Mario cart TV Cam better lap times vs cockpit view ….. Right now for me 2/100 and without TV -cam a lot of track limits in TT …

14 hours ago, TRJoey said:

I thought I create a positive post and say well done to the team in the middle of a pandemic , they have created a more realistic handling model and a very good driving game. Updates will come and so what if blah blah doesn't like this or that , you can't please everybody . Take it for what it is.... a game . Good job guys .  

very good handling model that you cant feel because they cant fix FFB in 3 months

15 minutes ago, WojtekTygrys77 said:

very good handling model that you cant feel because they cant fix FFB in 3 months

While the game is out for 2 days lol and we already at version 1.04. If we are talking Thrustmaster wheels here, a driver update is insufficient, you have to find the latest firmware and update that as well. FFB works then as long as you resist to tab out of the game, if you still have to and loose FFB, disconnecting and reconnecting your wheel helps for now. Lets hope the remaining issue can be solved between codies and thrustmaster asap.

Also see here:

Apart from this be advised that to receive better solutions, a full bug report will be required, otherwise noone knows if you are coming from PC / PS5 / logitech / thrustmaster or whereever 😄 

bonsoir , je rencontre  un problème  au niveau de la manette  au niveau de l'utilisation  de l'ers qui est la touche LB sur xbox , je suis obliger d'appuyer plusieurs  fois  pour que l'ers s'active  et le désactiver 

I'm really enjoying it. As mentioned above, the handling is *chef's kiss*. So, so good with the new tyre model, more bite, more traction when launching off the line or out of a corner, and yet still able to lose it on a kerb. Saw someone complaining about the kerbs the same day that several drivers nearly lost it on a kerb in practice at the British GP. Vibration feedback in my controller is so much finer than last year, you feel everything.

The AI are terrific too, more fight, more mistakes. Had Marcus Armstrong get a puncture after lap 4 at Spain in F2, seen several spins too, albeit from overrevving when coming out of a corner, but it's a good progression. Everything feels like a step in the right direction and a definite step up from F1 2020.

Edit: Also mentioned earlier in the thread: dampened sound in helmet cam. Fantastic addition, although it would be even better if there was a proper helmet cam included where you see the helmet and visor, like in MotoGP and Ride.

Edited by s00zster
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Schneehase said:

There are a lot of things to like, and some to dislike. To keep the positive vibe of the opening post, here are some I like after the early access period like 10-12 hours into the game (and I skip my dislikes for somewhere else):

• handling in general seems improved / interesting if you like simulation / a challenge
  • other than in beta handling does not seem too arcade any more
  • finding a setup is really hard at the moment, old setups cant be used, i like that challenge
  • AI noticeably improved
  • (high level setting) sound in tunnel in Monaco is awesome (a slight bit overdone maybe)
  • dampened sound to simulate sound in a drivers helmet the like
  • victory yell a nice idea
  • engine / car sounds a bit better now
  • CGI renders look totally awesome (wish we had that in the game in general)
  • difficulty setting in breaking point really has something for everyone (tried them all)
  • calls from mom are just as annoying as IRL 😛 
  • damage model a (first) step into the right direction
  • grand prix mode allows for individual calendar, including double headers and China / Australia (what a shame that myteam does not)
  • more circuits to come

Now keep going, fix the bugs quickly, give myteam mode some love (=individual calendar) and we are on the road for another "best" F1 game, at least it seems we could get there.

I worked on a super duper setup for 2 hours around Spain and it's a "golden setup" for most of the the other tracks!

7-9 wings. 85 diff On, 65 diff off. 5 clicks right on front and rear camber, full left front toe, 5 clicks right rear toe (for super stable rear end)

1-5 springs, 1-2 roll bar, 5-6 ride height. 98% break pressure, 57 BB and middle-ish FR tyre pressure, full left FL. And very high rear pressures

I tried it out on all cars and it felt so good

5 hours ago, s00zster said:

I'm really enjoying it. As mentioned above, the handling is *chef's kiss*. So, so good with the new tyre model, more bite, more traction when launching off the line or out of a corner, and yet still able to lose it on a kerb. Saw someone complaining about the kerbs the same day that several drivers nearly lost it on a kerb in practice at the British GP. Vibration feedback in my controller is so much finer than last year, you feel everything.

Seconded for the handling I'm pretty much addicted to doing laps on this thing and getting as close to the edge as possible. 

Hopefully we can try and keep this thread about the positives, there's plenty of space for people to complain elsewhere and they certainly will do. We all have this magic idea of where the game should be in our heads we often forget just how good the game is now and how far we have come in the history of F1 games. 

I played this all day yesterday pretty much outside of some park time for the young'n and I'll no doubt do that many times over this game cycle, meaning anything I paid is insignificant for the hours I get back from it. 

• Agree 1

There are much better liveries, suits and helmets as well. I wanted to note this as I've seen much negative comments about them but F1 2020 didn't have as much cool liveries and items at the start? You just need to fiddle around with the color options to get nice results.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I also want to say thank you for the Two Player Career, It’s been nice to finally race along side friends in career mode! Been hour’s of fun thus far discussing car improvements strategy before and during the race.  

• Agree 2
  • Social Media & Community Team
7 hours ago, DerpTheThird said:

I worked on a super duper setup for 2 hours around Spain and it's a "golden setup" for most of the the other tracks!

7-9 wings. 85 diff On, 65 diff off. 5 clicks right on front and rear camber, full left front toe, 5 clicks right rear toe (for super stable rear end)

1-5 springs, 1-2 roll bar, 5-6 ride height. 98% break pressure, 57 BB and middle-ish FR tyre pressure, full left FL. And very high rear pressures

Is that for race or Time Trial? I should try it out.

20 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Is that for race or Time Trial? I should try it out.

I screenshot it to try it out also 🙂 as I'm finding it a little more difficult to get a good set up for many tracks this year 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:23 AM, DerpTheThird said:

Thanks for sharing will give that a try.

Finally a positive thread. The game is well received in general I think. People tend to post more likely if they have to make a complaint.

For me F1 2021 is the best F1 title from Codemasters yet. Handling feels great, not too arcadey and not too much sim as it would take away the fun for most of the gamers. AI is finally fun to race against. In 2020 they "raced me so hard". 😉 Too unaware where you as the player are and rammed into you.

Another great addition are the mechanical failures in the coop career and full race replay saves. We are getting closer and closer to the all time legend Grand Prix 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

Another great addition are the mechanical failures in the coop career and full race replay saves. We are getting closer and closer to the all time legend Grand Prix 2.

Seriously, just yesterday I saw a video of someone having gearbox issues and not being able to slot in 6th and 7th gear. It went straight from 5th to 8th.

And it even had commentary from Jeff and all.

That's ridiculously fun!

And the AI spinning alone on the curbs?And puncture from debris?

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, marioho said:

Seriously, just yesterday I saw a video of someone having gearbox issues and not being able to slot in 6th and 7th gear. It went straight from 5th to 8th.

And it even had commentary from Jeff and all.

That's ridiculously fun!

And the AI spinning alone on the curbs?And puncture from debris?

MAZE🅱️IN 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Yeah I love that starting MyTeam career that the car really is poor, I've played multiple modes so to compare its great that it adds to the challenge, my first race with no R&D parts yet was so challenging, really enjoyed feeling like a real new team with heavy teething issues, the parts are degrading faster too, noticed when some parts get poorer that the performance is very noticeable! Also had my first floor damage and that feeling is unreal! Though they could do with adding more visual damage, it takes a lot to even show any rear wing cracks but the feeling is very good! DUALSHOCK on my controller is improved too. Much more sensitive and accurate. And as you say, during a pandemic, its all very impressive. Another very good step forward.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, CarystusGaming said:

Yeah I love that starting MyTeam career that the car really is poor, I've played multiple modes so to compare its great that it adds to the challenge, my first race with no R&D parts yet was so challenging, really enjoyed feeling like a real new team with heavy teething issues, the parts are degrading faster too, noticed when some parts get poorer that the performance is very noticeable! Also had my first floor damage and that feeling is unreal! Though they could do with adding more visual damage, it takes a lot to even show any rear wing cracks but the feeling is very good! DUALSHOCK on my controller is improved too. Much more sensitive and accurate. And as you say, during a pandemic, its all very impressive. Another very good step forward.

The faster/harsher PU degradation is a nice change! Makes the durability upgrades actually worth it for once (they never have been) Stock MyTeam car is utter 💩 aha

• Agree 1