Jump to content Jump to content

Well done Codemasters

Great handling model and more simulated, using fanatec dd wheel I can definitely feel the track surface better and get clear feeling of my acceleration, deceleration and braking. 

I don’t use assists and the difference between this years game to last year in that regard is Huge. Finally we are rewarded for driving realistic and tyre management pays off. 

the game need few tweaks regarding the physics but this is good step forward 

I would like to separate assist users and non assist players in ranked lobbies and provide the game with  same safety ratings system as to assetto Corsa. 

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Ams15 said:

Great handling model and more simulated, using fanatec dd wheel I can definitely feel the track surface better and get clear feeling of my acceleration, deceleration and braking. 

I don’t use assists and the difference between this years game to last year in that regard is Huge. Finally we are rewarded for driving realistic and tyre management pays off. 

the game need few tweaks regarding the physics but this is good step forward 

I would like to separate assist users and non assist players in ranked lobbies and provide the game with  same safety ratings system as to assetto Corsa. 

I just want voice control for Jeff lol 

2 hours ago, TRJoey said:

I just want voice control for Jeff lol 

Tbh I was too busy figuring out the game and completely forgot about Jeff, I do remember him telling me that my tyres were in good condition and in reality they were completely dead. “My tyres are dead Jeff” Hamilton’s voice

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Ams15 said:

Tbh I was too busy figuring out the game and completely forgot about Jeff, I do remember him telling me that my tyres were in good condition and in reality they were completely dead. “My tyres are dead Jeff” Hamilton’s voice

I had a transition race today wets to dry and it was brilliant.  DRS enabled and Go in a puddle and the cars unstable . It was brilliant compared to last years transition . More immersing 

I ran Silverstone with Lewis to set a baseline. Started 4th. Passed SP and VB late and held off VB by .7 sec. Lost to MV by 2 seconds. Pretty sweet. Probably would have won in real life since VB would have been ordered to let me pass. 

Started career with Ferrari (replaced CS). Bahrain qual 5th and within .3 of Charles. Qual in Spain 7th within .3 of Charles. Races have been too notch on triple screens. Had a race ending mechanical failure on lap 29 while running 4th right after being bumped by MV. Got to admit it hurt when it happened. Spain finished 8 with lots of wheel to wheel with LS EO and Charles. Very enjoyable. All races 100 percent length. 

I think the cars handle better than 2020 with no assists. I like the compressed practice programs. Weather predictability a plus.  As for the curbs… I like them. Some you can fly over some will send you flying like in real life.  Got to figure it out in practice which ones you need to stay off  and where you can push.  

overall I think the game is great so far. There is always room for improvement and patches will but right out of the box I think positive strides were made on the fantastic 2020 I put 600 hours on.

The one thing I would like to see if a total pit stop time comparison after the race.  The actual pit stop doesn’t mean much to me 2.7 vs 2.3  but the total time from when I enter pit lane until I exit pit lane would give some valuable insight into where time may be getting lost. I’m always frightened of that 5 sec penalty. 

Oh yeah almost forgot  I had the no FFB on my T300 upon install.  This is fixable. Update your firmware and TM driver. Restart. Navigate to game folder and start game with the “F1 2021 DX12” exe.  

20 hours ago, TRJoey said:

I had a transition race today wets to dry and it was brilliant.  DRS enabled and Go in a puddle and the cars unstable . It was brilliant compared to last years transition . More immersing 

I’ve not tried the wet/dry transition yet. Glad it seems all improved now tho