Jump to content Jump to content

Player mechanical failure

A feature this series has desperately needed is finally included but a few question as I'm on the fence about ATM.

. What kind of failure can the player get is it just drs stuck/ broke 

Engine blowout . Is there any others ie suspension damage , punctures, brake issues.etc.

. Are failure only in my team/ driver career so you can r/d them . Or are they in grand prix mode/ custom championship mode to . Thnx

I love this feature. Be nice if there were more but even having engine failure is great.

I just had an engine failure at silverstone. Not had feelings on an F1 game like this since Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix on the Amiga. (For those who remember)

1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

A feature this series has desperately needed is finally included but a few question as I'm on the fence about ATM.

. What kind of failure can the player get is it just drs stuck/ broke 

Engine blowout . Is there any others ie suspension damage , punctures, brake issues.etc.

. Are failure only in my team/ driver career so you can r/d them . Or are they in grand prix mode/ custom championship mode to . Thnx

I’m really enjoying the faults so far. It can be frustrating, but its fair as the AI has the same faults.

So far I’ve experienced:

Gearbox failure- retirement (unable to flashback or restart race)

engine failure- as above

loss of engine power for a few laps - recovered power

DRS offline

Unable to deploy any ERS - problem was fixed

Overtake button stuck on- depleted all ERS before it got fixed.

Durability department is going to be big this year 😁

• Like 1

I was leading the F2 feature race in Austria, when I had an engine failure. Not only did it cost me the victory, but i had to start last for the sprint race.

It means i’ve lost the lead of the F2 championship, but in a way, it’s exciting and realistic and I don’t have an issue with it! Was refreshing to try and race up the grid to try and rescue a point. 

i’m hoping they may add more issues in the future, like a brake by wire issue that means you have to brake a lot earlier into corners, or even gravel getting stuck in the sidepods if you run wide, that needs a pitstop to clear?

Ah cool seems pretty varied but were all these in career mode / my team tho . Say I just do a custom season in grand prix mode can I still turn on player failures ? . 

4 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Ah cool seems pretty varied but were all these in career mode / my team tho . Say I just do a custom season in grand prix mode can I still turn on player failures ? . 

All mine were in myteam

Yes wonder if it's just a setting specifically for career . I like custom season so can add double header etc and be a shame if failures ain't a option there . Next time you in the menu if you remember set up a quick race and just see if the option for player failure is there . Be much appreciated ....

In 3 my team races I just had drs failure and while I wanted this in for long time, it’s the fact I only found out when I tried to use it, Jeff couldn’t be bothered to tell me, in real life engineer be telling driver soon as it’s seen.

on slightly related note that drs failure showed up on damage screen fine yet when I pitted first time that race my front wing was changed yet no damage was shown on damage screen or front wing and Jeff had said nothing about it.

33 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

when I pitted first time that race my front wing was changed yet no damage was shown on damage screen or front wing and Jeff had said nothing about it.

I think this might be a bug. As ive had floor, side pot and wing damage and everything appears to look fine on the MFD