Jump to content Jump to content

AI overpowered at high speed

joshhmcgill

Anyone else struggling with the AI in high speed corners this year? Struggled massively at Silverstone in sector 2, and sector 3 in Austria and now on driver career at Spa I lose about 3 tenths to everyone in Pouhon alone. 

I play on 105 AI on the pad, and on time trial I seemed to find it OK so not sure if it’s just because I’m in an Alpine and the car is poor in that area? But it doesn’t really make sense as watching Alonso on board he can take the corner relatively flat compared to me. Just seems like I get no turn in. Everywhere else on the track I’m fine. 

any suggestions on how to help?

I’ve noticed that too. The best examples I can think of off the top of my head are the final turns in Austria, Copse and the corners after at Silverstone, and Pouhon at Spa. No matter how much downforce I put on and no matter how I played with the Diff I couldn’t go as fast as the AI. I was losing 0.150-0.300 a lap at those corners. I’m in the Mercedes and I still had a hard time.

Edited by MPHGP817

Agreed. On previous games I played on 104 but I’ve had to drop it down to 99 just to be able to compete. Sector 2 at Silverstone is joke. Same goes for sector 2 at Barcelona. They’re the only 2 tracks I’ve tried against the AI so far. Please address this codies. 

Codies have already stated that they increase the difficulty with every release, so if you played the previous games on 104 but have had to drop to 99 for this year’s game, I wouldn’t say that’s too bad.

I was playing on 100 on F1 2020 but have had to drop to 92 on F1 2021. 

It’s nothing that needs addressing, it’s entirely by design.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, MPHGP817 said:

I’ve noticed that too. The best examples I can think of off the top of my head are the final turns in Austria, Copse and the corners after at Silverstone, and Pouhon at Spa. No matter how much downforce I put on and no matter how I played with the Diff I couldn’t go as fast as the AI. I was losing 0.150-0.300 a lap at those corners. I’m in the Mercedes and I still had a hard time.

33 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

Agreed. On previous games I played on 104 but I’ve had to drop it down to 99 just to be able to compete. Sector 2 at Silverstone is joke. Same goes for sector 2 at Barcelona. They’re the only 2 tracks I’ve tried against the AI so far. Please address this codies. 

Nothing is wrong here, to be blunt, setup doesn't suddenly make everyone drives like Senna.

Ask some of the driving gods around the leaderboard and they'll be very happy to proof you can do just the same as the hardest AI or even way more than the AI could ever hope for. Those high difficulty settings are designed for them, so for us regular mortals, just tune it down, there's nothing to be ashamed of to do so.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, DJNicks87 said:

Codies have already stated that they increase the difficulty with every release, so if you played the previous games on 104 but have had to drop to 99 for this year’s game, I wouldn’t say that’s too bad.

I was playing on 100 on F1 2020 but have had to drop to 92 on F1 2021. 

It’s nothing that needs addressing, it’s entirely by design.

I get what you’re saying but if I was to tone down the difficulty I’d be way further up the grid than I should be in an Alpine because I’d be faster at most other corners on a track. Happy for them to improve the AI all round and make them faster but this feels like a limitation with the player cars where you literally cannot get the same amount of turn in as them. 

I’m certainly no where near pro level and I know the game is new so I’ll drop down a lot over the next few weeks but my TT’s on these tracks all sit in the top 500 so it appears to be an over strength of the AI to me

I wanna know why codemasters have made the AI move in the braking zones , u cant overtake them cos they just move into you causing damage, I don’t mind more aggressive AI but this is just getting stupid now 

Edited by Firestone25
Spelling
  • Agree 1