Sign in to follow this  

Impressions

Just got a quick go in before heading out to work...playing on PS3 anti aliasing is non existent as to be expecting on this format, but after a lap I did not notice anymore. Played Touring Cars using the Focus, the handling seems back on track more akin to Grid than Grid 2 - thank funk. No one in online lobby to race so will have to wait now until after England game. One last point, damage though full, had little effect. Can't wait to play more

I'm 60% into my download of the XBox 360 version... can't wait!  I was honestly surprised to see it offered on XBL Marketplace on day one.  I had read nothing about it being a day one XBL game, so I'd planned to buy the hardcopy version later this morning.  I'd rather have the digital version anyway and not be hassled with having to have the disk in the drive to verify my game which would be fully stored on the hard drive anyway.

I'm 60% into my download of the XBox 360 version... can't wait!  I was honestly surprised to see it offered on XBL Marketplace on day one.

It's really nothing new for Codemasters' games here in North America. This day one Xbox 360 digital game trail was blazed last year when Codemasters ran into a problem with the F1 2013 physical copies distribution to NA retailers. Warner Brothers Interactive was in charge of distribution and messed things up big time here in North America. No game discs to buy on day one.

I thank my lucky stars that the Xbox 360 Marketplace GoD channel had F1 2013 listed day one. Back to Gamestop, cancelled pre-order and got cash refund. Had to convert funds to cards in order to pay for the digital download but was pleasantly surprised to see digital game $10 cheaper on Games on Demand when I went for the purchase and download. F1 2013 runs like a champ from my Xbox 360's HDD so digital download is an excellent option compared to disc (if you can get past the point of no manual, box and ability to lend to a friend).

Today here in North America I was able to pick up a disc copy of GRID Autosport, played an hour of it, plays great and is a lot of fun. If you're like OnlookerDelay and like the convenience of an Xbox 360 digital download then go for it. My GRID Autosport Xbox 360 HDD install file was 7.0 GB so I expect that should be the storage amount for the Games on Demand channel download. 

force feedback is way better than grid 1. handling way better than grid 2. This is the racing game Ive expected from Codies. Awesome job Gents. All You FM5 fans and GT6 fans, this is what AI should be like. Hard but not retarded. Well done Codies.