Jump to content Jump to content

What's with Technical Assistance From Your Fellow Players?

hobbsy777

Don't companies usually set up a Technical Assistance portal to offer assistance from their own technicians. Telling us to get technical assistance for their company's product from your fellow players is like the doctor telling his patients to ask their buddies at the local pub if they have a problem with their prescription.

What is wrong with them suggesting asking your fellow gamers for assistance especially for PC, there are way more combinations of PC processors, video cards, peripherals than any company can possibly test. So if one of your fellow gamers has found a solution to a problem that happens to be equipment related I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong with them suggesting asking your fellow gamers for assistance especially for PC, there are way more combinations of PC processors, video cards, peripherals than any company can possibly test. So if one of your fellow gamers has found a solution to a problem that happens to be equipment related I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am not saying neither did I imply that it is "Wrong" to ask your fellow gamer, but to leave technical assistance exclusively to that option is completely different to what I have been used to with other software, such as Flight Sim for an example.

Microsoft Flight sim? A company whose technical support staff is probably greater than total number of CM employees combined?

On the contrary, Microsoft does not even support FSX anymore, beside which, that is not what I am referring to. I am referring to all the developers that produce what is actually add-on software that only uses the very temperamental FSX and replaces the Microsoft default content in FSX. For instance, one company produces a line of aircraft that is actually sanctioned by Boeing for training real life pilots before moving on to the Multi million dollar airline company flight simulators. Their aircraft simulations are that good and the company is a fraction the size of Codemasters.

Archived