Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPAM - The endless annoyance

It appears to have returned with a vengeance over the past day - I've now gone through and banned the naughty IPs/deleted the content associated with these banned users. 

It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.

MrDeap said:
It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.
It really has come back with a vengeamce. We're looking into ways we can solve it with our forum provider. 

at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image

fl0wf1r3 said:
at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image
It's working fine for me in the UK, maybe it's a side effect of Brexit?

hi everebody. I'm from Russia, live in St.-Petersburg. Play in all dirt series games. and don't understand why in DIRT 4 no uses flashback system, - because this is intresting element if play arcade mode. Please, answer me to pm or here, thanks for reading dr. Codemasters

fIsince08 said:
Ho3n3r said:
@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel

Spam please.
Gone :)
Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...

What about implementing a Stop Forum Spam blacklist? I've been using that on my own message boards and so far it has stopped dozens upon dozens of spam registration attempts, way before they even manage to register at all. Sure there are some that get past the cracks, but those are rare.

Ho3n3r said:
fIsince08 said:
Ho3n3r said:
@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel

Spam please.
Gone :)
Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...

North korea's answer too world domination

Ho3n3r said:
@fIsince08 it's happening again...      
I've cleared up some of it, but there's 29 pages of individual spam bots in General Discussion and I'm not sitting here till Santa comes cleaning it up by myself! @SkiddyMcCrash @MBKF1 @jennyannem little help please?

Yisc said:

Unbelievable the ammount of spam that comes on every time around the same period of the year.

Reporting all of it, is impossible at the moment as it's just too much.

Reporting isn't needed, we can see it, don't worry! The only problem is that the Codies staff aren't here (it is Christmas Eve) and us three moderators only have basic tools with which to deal with it.

"Recent Discussions" has become pretty useless with all the spam. First 8 pages just spam, before you get to the first non-spam post.

I'm afraid it's a bit beyond what we're capable of dealing with, we don't get any admin tools to use in situations like this so it depends when the staff get back as to when it's dealt with.

We were here for 4 hours after my last post, deleting and banning another 30 pages of accounts

Half an hour later and the site looked like we hadn't done anything, again.

If it was down to me I'd be messaging a few of the companies the spammer is working for, asking them how their adverts for their North American universities ended up being adverstised on an English gaming website, in Korean. Korean speaking gamers in the US must be a huge market...

Yisc said:
I don't know if anyone is in the position to arrange it, but I am willing to help cleaning the forum.
None of us can organise that and it's somewhat pointless anyway - we can delete all of the spam but until Codies get the prevention working it's a losing battle.

I'm back now, and sorry for inactive for ages due to real-life job.

That's unbelievable when I see a lot of spams in this forums. :( It also happened to the other forums where I was a moderator, and keep fighting against spammers. I hope Codies will do something to stop it asap. We will never give up until the spammers are defeated.