Sign in to follow this  

SPAM - The endless annoyance

Back again.
They have weird methodology: they first create a topic named "asdasdasd" with content "asdasfasfasdfa" and then after few minutes change it into asian crap.

It seems that the spam is back, now that F1 2016 has gone live.

Yisc said:
It seems that the spam is back, now that F1 2016 has gone live.
+1. So much fun reading the forums with all this flying around in between legit threads.

How about sending an email to confirm not a spammer - I wonder if spamrobots fix that.
Maybe even having the "I am not a robot" - much better than having to wait rediculous timespan to post.

I waited now 45 minutes to make second post, since I did not realize each attempt adds 10 minutes to post again.

It appears we have had a bit of a spam attack recently - I've deleted/banned as many as I can find, but if there's anything else, let me know!

It appears to have returned with a vengeance over the past day - I've now gone through and banned the naughty IPs/deleted the content associated with these banned users. 

It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.

MrDeap said:
It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.
It really has come back with a vengeamce. We're looking into ways we can solve it with our forum provider. 

at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image

fl0wf1r3 said:
at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image
It's working fine for me in the UK, maybe it's a side effect of Brexit?

hi everebody. I'm from Russia, live in St.-Petersburg. Play in all dirt series games. and don't understand why in DIRT 4 no uses flashback system, - because this is intresting element if play arcade mode. Please, answer me to pm or here, thanks for reading dr. Codemasters

fIsince08 said:
Ho3n3r said:
@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel

Spam please.
Gone :)
Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...

What about implementing a Stop Forum Spam blacklist? I've been using that on my own message boards and so far it has stopped dozens upon dozens of spam registration attempts, way before they even manage to register at all. Sure there are some that get past the cracks, but those are rare.

Ho3n3r said:
fIsince08 said:
Ho3n3r said:
@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel

Spam please.
Gone :)
Thanks! It was getting ridiculous. I wonder what these bots are supposed to achieve...

North korea's answer too world domination

Ho3n3r said:
@fIsince08 it's happening again...      
I've cleared up some of it, but there's 29 pages of individual spam bots in General Discussion and I'm not sitting here till Santa comes cleaning it up by myself! @SkiddyMcCrash @MBKF1 @jennyannem little help please?