Jump to content Jump to content

Bottas Still OP in F1 2021?

Just now, azombie1223 said:

First season of My Team and he is dominant. I guess Botta is still our Overlord for F1

20210717_124240.png

Not entirely sure yet since I haven't reach far enough into the season, but I felt Hamilton is slightly stronger now compare with last year, he out qualified win races over Bottas in about a 50:50 ratio....which indicated Bottas is still a bit too strong that's for sure 😬

Please do distinguish your Bottas OP reports by game modes and / or settings used, or we will end up with Supermottas like last year and he will not get fixed.

As for the first few races in myteam mode, he is a lot more on top than Hamilton, who comes in after the Redbulls and / or Ferraris, times. If I had to judge from the very first few races, I would have the impression that at least in myteam mode, they are still swapped, at least if you drive with 90+ AI difficulty settings and simlulation damage. Maybe someone from Codies was willing to look into, or confirm thats correct, so we have a chance for a hotfix other than in last years game - back then they urged us to write bug reports, which some of us did, only to see those merged with the general discussion thread later. Hoping for the better this year!

Yes he is still generally too quick compared to Hamilton. It's not quite as bad as last year but it's still definitely there. I think it probably confirms it's the 99 awareness that's causing it. It's not quite as bad this year as they've given Hamilton 89 instead of 84 this year but it still needs updating...

Put Lewis at 93-95 awareness like he should be and Bottas at about 90-92 and that's probably all it would take. Surely itll drop from 99 after spinning in the pit lane and his crash with Russell at Imola (another 99...), right? ...Right?

• Agree 1
  • azombie1223 changed the title to Bottas Still OP in F1 2021?

How long is Hamilton outperforming Bottas now? He is very often faster in Qualifying and in the race in F1 2021. It's so unrealistic and annoying.

How does he deserve 92 as rating? He had so many bad races in the last 2 years in the best car of the grid...

20 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

How long is Hamilton outperforming Bottas now? He is very often faster in Qualifying and in the race in F1 2021. It's so unrealistic and annoying.

How does he deserve 92 as rating? He had so many bad races in the last 2 years in the best car of the grid...

Bottas was overpowered before the ratings. I think he was overpowered in F1 18 and 19.

• Agree 1
On 7/18/2021 at 1:19 AM, Wynterdust said:

Yes he is still generally too quick compared to Hamilton. It's not quite as bad as last year but it's still definitely there. I think it probably confirms it's the 99 awareness that's causing it. It's not quite as bad this year as they've given Hamilton 89 instead of 84 this year but it still needs updating...

Put Lewis at 93-95 awareness like he should be and Bottas at about 90-92 and that's probably all it would take. Surely itll drop from 99 after spinning in the pit lane and his crash with Russell at Imola (another 99...), right? ...Right?

I guess, it is not his awareness skill which makes im so fast. There must be something else. We have more 4-5 Drivers with this awareness skill this year. If it is the skill, than they would be overpowered compared to their teammate, too. 

29 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I guess, it is not his awareness skill which makes im so fast. There must be something else. We have more 4-5 Drivers with this awareness skill this year. If it is the skill, than they would be overpowered compared to their teammate, too. 

There have been a lot of speculations what would be causing this - maybe its hidden stats coming from the cars. It seems though that only in "myteam mode" and especially so during season 1-2 Supermottas is most evident. We had some comments from the devs about it, but only that nothing would need a fix in 2020, so we are unaware if this is counted as a bug, and if it persists in 2021 as well. I would love to see it fixed as it is pretty immersion braking if Bottas dominates and teammate Hamilton cant keep up. For a few races in a row ok, but not overall.

• Agree 3

I had a sim-through the first year of MyTeam and Bottas was absolute pony with only 3 podiums and finished down in 5th. Hamilton won the season at a canter with Max getting podiums most races, Leclerc came on strong at the end but Perez was the real MVP of the season.   No idea what happened race by race as I simmed every session I could. 

If I jump into a Grand Prix race without qualifying, Perez is more-often-than-not on pole and the few times he's not, he's generally always on the podium no matter where he starts or even if you ensure he loses a few places from the start, he always makes them up.  

Norris, however. In Grand Prix mode, he's basically unstoppable. He's always finishing in third place on my version. 

I thought it could have been awareness stat but Gasly isn't overly impressive and Russell is regularly beaten by Latifi. 

So, i've had less problems with Bottas this year.  He's one of the few that is actually behaving remotely similar to real life! 

• 2 weeks later...

The ratings should be reflecting the under the hood coded ability of the driver, they're a cosmetic layer to what's really happening. He's needed to be nerfed for a while. Either way, it's hilarious that he has 99 awareness, hopefully this incident should give him the downgrade he needs to be closer to his real life ability.

• Agree 1
On 7/22/2021 at 2:58 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I had a sim-through the first year of MyTeam and Bottas was absolute pony with only 3 podiums and finished down in 5th. Hamilton won the season at a canter with Max getting podiums most races, Leclerc came on strong at the end but Perez was the real MVP of the season.   No idea what happened race by race as I simmed every session I could. 

If I jump into a Grand Prix race without qualifying, Perez is more-often-than-not on pole and the few times he's not, he's generally always on the podium no matter where he starts or even if you ensure he loses a few places from the start, he always makes them up.  

Norris, however. In Grand Prix mode, he's basically unstoppable. He's always finishing in third place on my version. 

I thought it could have been awareness stat but Gasly isn't overly impressive and Russell is regularly beaten by Latifi. 

So, i've had less problems with Bottas this year.  He's one of the few that is actually behaving remotely similar to real life! 

More and more I felt those ratings are probably just for show, what underneath those game files are what truly matters and doesn't reflect what we saw on screen.

• Agree 1

it is an absolute joke. Bottas is a good man and maybe not a horrible driver but certainly not a good one. He for sure belongs to the the five/six slowest drivers on the grid. Especially his racecraft is absolutely bad. He loses literally every race start, if he is in traffic he is completety lost and if he is lucky he has 3-4 good qualis a year and maybe 1-2 wins. he deserves maybe a 80-82, russell and literally any red bull, ferrari,mclaren driver should be above him. from my experience, it is almost as bad as in 2020. In f1 2020 i had 7 or 8 races in a row with bottas on pole

• Agree 2
3 minutes ago, DizzyG3015 said:

it is an absolute joke. Bottas is a good man and maybe not a horrible driver but certainly not a good one. He for sure belongs to the the five/six slowest drivers on the grid. Especially his racecraft is absolutely bad. He loses literally every race start, if he is in traffic he is completety lost and if he is lucky he has 3-4 good qualis a year and maybe 1-2 wins. he deserves maybe a 80-82, russell and literally any red bull, ferrari,mclaren driver should be above him. from my experience, it is almost as bad as in 2020. In f1 2020 i had 7 or 8 races in a row with bottas on pole

Nah I think that's way too harsh, Bottas still could qualified right behind Lewis & Max and way ahead of Sergio most of the time in real life, so his pace should still be consider as explosive and definitely up there with the best just not as consistent. 

35 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Nah I think that's way too harsh, Bottas still could qualified right behind Lewis & Max and way ahead of Sergio most of the time in real life, so his pace should still be consider as explosive and definitely up there with the best just not as consistent. 

It might be harsh but he's certainly heading towards that kind of opinion rather than the other way. I suspect a break from Merc will do him the world of good mentally and I would like to see him at Le Mans tbh. 

I knew this thread would pop back to life now that Bottas collected a couple of KO's in his Demolition Derby simulator.  I do feel kinda sorry for the guy usually but it's not his fault as he's got 99 awareness so it's definitely not his fault if he's involved in an incident... or three a season. 

He's still not overpowered at all in my game and, if i'm honest, he's actually worse off in my game than in real life lurking around 5th and 6th while Lewis tends to win. Despite his new-found real-life desire to be a pinball, Bottas is actually still a good driver. Lewis, like him or not, is one of the top 5 drivers of all time (There's a claim to be number one, obviously) and the most statistically successful and it's not exactly a crime to not be as good as him. Before this season, he challenged him in qualifying and while he's never been as good in the race as Hammy, he could usually cling onto the coattails.   This year, that's not showing as I think his confidence is shot, probably due to the fact that George is pretty much going to take his seat in the near future as, with every race that goes by, Bottas' seat becomes more and more untenable.  Mercedes haven't needed a second top class driver since 2016 as their car was clear of the field so even when Lewis dropped points, Valtteri would always be around to pick up the pieces. Now that the other teams are catching up, they need another 'top 5 on the grid' level driver. Bottas was that.. but is he anymore? He's not going to get better.

I think he'd be great at a lower team he can lead forwards away from the pressure cooker of the front of the grid.  Depends if he wants to actually win anything in his career as I can guarantee he'd be amongst the frontrunners wherever else he went.

I think the perks need a total overhaul. 

For example should be a difference between race pace and quali pace. Bottas is a good reason for that. In Qualifying he is not that bad, mostly just near Hamilton and stronger than Perez. But race pace is way worser. He has so much less aggressiveness. On top here would be f.e. Verstappen, Leclerc is also on of the tops, alonso, earlier magnussen, Hamilton. Aggressiveness is an indicator how much energy a driver uses to defend and Overtake hard. Yesterday we saw masterclass from alonso just because of aggressiveness and will to hold the position. Unimaginable in case of bottas. But aggressiveness also could be a indicator how often someone risk a crash in case of hard racing. But that's a difference to awareness, which is indicator of often a driver makes mistakes. 

Edited by DonBlanko
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

He's still not overpowered at all in my game and, if i'm honest, he's actually worse off in my game than in real life lurking around 5th and 6th while Lewis tends to win

Sorry, I have to disagree on this one - which game mode are you refering to?

In all the myteam playthroughs that I have had, both in 2020 and 2021 games, Bottas either came out on top, or it was very very close between him and Lewis. The point is not anyone dislikes Bottas. The point is neither, that a game can reflect reality in a perfect way. But the point is, if you look at any official F1 results table, both #2 drivers of Mercedes and of RedBull only score slightly more than half of the points that Lewis and Max collect. The game does not reflect this at all, at least not in myteam mode. Look into official stats how many (few) poles and wins Bottas achieved during his career. Run (mayb its different in simulating, dunno) a few seasons and count his wins and poles. Its not nearly close to his IRL performance, and thats the immersion breaking point.

Maybe Bottas will be out of F1 in 2022 IRL and *that* will finally solve it. Because as it looks (see last years discussions on the forums) Codemasters will not fix it. Bummer.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1