Jump to content Jump to content

G29 steering like its a keyboard

(PC) Basically, everything works fine (padles, shifter, buttons on wheel) except the steering of the wheel, if I steer the wheel even a small bit it registers as if im steering completely to the left/right (as if i press A or D on my keyboard). Forza Horizon 4 and CarX work perfectly fine but I can't seem to get DR2 to work. Calibrating gives the same problem.

I'm getting a bit desperate after trying to find a fix for the past 3 days, I have found a couple forums with the same problem but no response/fix.

Any tips/fixes?

Cheers

Try disabling "steam input" in the dirt rally properties under controller section, in your steam library. It seems that sometimes it can interfere with the recognition of your wheel/controller. 

I remember seeing people discussing about this problem but I don't remember where, hope someone can help you, I'll try to retrieve it on google. Keep this topic up, it seems that you're not alone having this issue.

I resolved the issue, I removed the G29 from my device list and reconnected it, checked the device settings and saw that the steering was not calibrated properly (?), so I recalibrated it and now it is working, which was the goal. I kinda wheel stupid for not trying this before asking for help.

• Like 1