Jump to content Jump to content

Economy fuel mode?

Can I set any option to enable changing the fuel mode to economy during the race?

I really don't understand why they changed that, with some many things to improve or add. It is not real, when you have no fuel then you are put in ecominy mode reducing your pace, what is the point?

Thanks

• Haha 1

Codemasters only changed it because the FIA amended the rules in the 2021 F1 season to ban this.

Please read this for confirmation 

F1's 'Party mode' ban – What are the changes to engine modes and why do they matter? | Formula 1®

This is the main bit:

What’s the change that's being made?

Previously the qualifying and overtake modes would have a time limit per event imposed upon them by the engine manufacturer, so as to keep the power unit within its usage limit. The new Technical Directive will require the power unit to be run in the same single mode during qualifying and race.

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Scarla88 said:

Codemasters only changed it because the FIA amended the rules in the 2021 F1 season to ban this.

Please read this for confirmation 

F1's 'Party mode' ban – What are the changes to engine modes and why do they matter? | Formula 1®

This is the main bit:

What’s the change that's being made?

Previously the qualifying and overtake modes would have a time limit per event imposed upon them by the engine manufacturer, so as to keep the power unit within its usage limit. The new Technical Directive will require the power unit to be run in the same single mode during qualifying and race.

Thanks man, I understand that they want to  be as close as possible to real F1, but there are a lot other things to improve in that matter. For example, real F1 drivers have more tires available for qualy and race, they don't returns all the tires that we do in the game. It is a game, the users should choosse how close they want to be to real F1, ABS is also not allowed, but we have the option.

Cheers

1 hour ago, PauloRdo said:

Thanks man, I understand that they want to  be as close as possible to real F1, but there are a lot other things to improve in that matter. For example, real F1 drivers have more tires available for qualy and race, they don't returns all the tires that we do in the game. It is a game, the users should choosse how close they want to be to real F1, ABS is also not allowed, but we have the option.

Cheers

I miss the fuel mix Option as well dude - very easy overtaking …

However- looking to lap times in Grand Prix Mode- Info not see any disadvantage vs my lap times   In F1-2020 - 

Having said this not sure about MP ranked online ….

On 7/17/2021 at 10:03 PM, PauloRdo said:

For example, real F1 drivers have more tires available for qualy and race, they don't returns all the tires that we do in the game.

Of course they do - that's the only reason it's in the game in the first place.