Jump to content Jump to content

Radio unavailable after technical fault (F1 2021 MyTeam)

A detailed description of the issue.
Whenever I have a technical fault, I obviously get told what it is, but the subtitles stay on screen and I cannot use the radio at all. The subtitles remain on screen and radio does not work until I return to the menus by either quitting, wrecking, or finishing.

Report Code
XXSJ-KBTP-AATP-AGVG

Platform?
PC - Steam

Game-mode?
My Team

Troubleshooting that I attempted:
-Restarting the game
-Verify game files

How to attempt to replicate:
1. Load up race
2. Get technical fault
3. Wait
4. You should get the bug once you are told what the issue is. The subtitle should not go away and the radio button will not work. It will work again if Jeff has an alternate strategy to ask you about.

More screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h8952dpdxv8576c/AAC8Oe-d7f7pbOkwUNnQEJA7a?dl=020210717154511_1.jpg

• Like 3

I have had this as well. Only one technical fault so far in my second MyTeam race in Spain. Got information about the issue and then subtitles stayed on screen and team radio was unavailable.

I was not able to get it back as I did not want to restart the session. Radio started to work again, when Jeff suggested a new strategy.

My platform is PS5.

• Like 1

I experienced same issue in MyTeam Spain circuit, A report of a mechanical issue and then radio doesn't work and no apparent mechanical issue as I can go on to complete race with no issue, Radio started working after I did a flashback later in the race.

I have the same issue PC 1.04. My Team. Have it on Canada, France, Austria. Expecting to retire and then nothing. Settings are Standard and High to have mechanical failures. Only one I had was an ERS with no overtake for like 10 laps in Spain. Since then nothing. 

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm assuming it's ok to put my report in here. If not, let me know and I'll make a new thread.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    I lose all radio during a race. This includes: hearing updates from Jeff, the radio icon disappears from the MFD, and pressing this key does nothing. I was assuming it was random, but after seeing this thread, I'm now thinking it's associated with a technical fault I've had during a race. I've had this twice and the report code is from last night where I has an ERS issue and then no radio afterwards. I was starting to assume it was a fault in itself (which would be a neat addition!), until I paused the game and went to an instant replay and heard the radio blip. When I went back to the race, all radio was restored.

• Report Code
    JATG-JTSP-TBER-DKMG

• Platform?
    PC

• Game-mode?
    Driver Career

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    I'm able to make radio functionality return by pausing the game and going to an instant replay. You can then hear the radio blip, as if the last message Jeff sent hadn't been completed. Then go back to the race and you can use the radio again.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    1. Have a technical fault during a race
    2. Jeff will tell you about this fault
    3. Once you start experiencing the fault, you lose all radio functions and feedback from Jeff

To fix:
    1. Pause the race and go to Instant Replay
    2. You should then hear a radio blip, presumably the closing blip from Jeff's original technical fault message
    3. Go back to the race and you should be able to get updates from Jeff again, and be able to access the radio (the icon should reappear)
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Same happened here today. Lap 7 of a 100% distance MyTeam race and I get the dreaded Engine issue message (at Bahrain). Car loses top speed (so the engine issue is there) but I just can't message anything back to Jeff. When the SC came (at lap 10), I couldn't change strats or say I wanted to box. Alt-F4'd and will do the race again at a different time.

For completeness sake, latest update and Steam.

Edited by Ricoow
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, U11rich said:

A detailed description of the issue.
Whenever I have a technical fault, I obviously get told what it is, but the subtitles stay on screen and I cannot use the radio at all. The subtitles remain on screen and radio does not work until I return to the menus by either quitting, wrecking, or finishing.

Report Code
XXSJ-KBTP-AATP-AGVG

Platform?
PC - Steam

Game-mode?
My Team

Troubleshooting that I attempted:
-Restarting the game
-Verify game files

How to attempt to replicate:
1. Load up race
2. Get technical fault
3. Wait
4. You should get the bug once you are told what the issue is. The subtitle should not go away and the radio button will not work. It will work again if Jeff has an alternate strategy to ask you about.

More screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h8952dpdxv8576c/AAC8Oe-d7f7pbOkwUNnQEJA7a?dl=020210717154511_1.jpg

I have the same problem on xbox one in my driver career season 2. Please fix it.

• 4 months later...