Jump to content Jump to content

39 minutes ago, JeremyKrueger said:

u give us an option for every aspect of the game yet i still cannot turn rain off i hate playing in the rain i skip those days and sim those races which sucks so why cant u just give us this option already please

It will brake the real sim F1 experience (abs, traction control, break assist, turn assist.... those alll will not)!!!!! kkkkkk

Edited by LocoVarrido
18 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Has it ever been an option? I've never seen an option.

Such a weird forum, everyone complainf about how unrealistic it is then complaing they can't turn off rain. Bizarre. 

“Has it ever been an option?” - You can set the weather in Grand Prix mode but never had the option in career, that’s why we’re asking.

23 hours ago, JeremyKrueger said:

come on @BarryBLgive us an answer why wont u let us play our way please pass it up the wire we want a no rain option

I don't know exactly when it happened, but every year since is the same!!!! A lot of unhappy players who have to swallow in the game without a simple option (and I am paying for It)!!!!

Edited by LocoVarrido
1 hour ago, Jam95XO said:

Why would you not want to race in the rain every so often? If its because you struggle then you'll never get better at it without practicing 

I just don't want to get better in the rain, I want to play dry races (It's a game and I want to have fun playing it the way I LIKE)!!!!

Edited by LocoVarrido
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jam95XO said:

Why would you not want to race in the rain every so often? If its because you struggle then you'll never get better at it without practicing 

I have limited time to play and in a previous version after a patch the AI became OP in the wet. They never fixed it back. Broke the game for me (I race with full assists) and have no interest in doing more than that. If I know the race is full rain I can dial down the AI but mixed weather creates a dilemma as to where to go with the AI. If I can shut off rain (or make it cosmetic or mean that wet tyres need to be fitted or something) I am not at the mercy of future changes.

I have not tried the wet yet in 2021 so I don’t know how the game is yet but it is a simple option that should have always been there for solo play.

Unfortunately you may be waiting a while for that one in career mode/my team as they are supposed to simulate a career of a f1 driver . They probably real f1 driver's who hate / struggle in rain but can't just magically turn it off for them . I get the point of maybe should be a option but seems with the new floor damage etc they heading towards slightly more sim so your option wouldn't really fit in to that direction. Full traction maybe part of your problem the acceleration is effected pretty badly using that . 

14 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Unfortunately you may be waiting a while for that one in career mode/my team as they are supposed to simulate a career of a f1 driver . They probably real f1 driver's who hate / struggle in rain but can't just magically turn it off for them . I get the point of maybe should be a option but seems with the new floor damage etc they heading towards slightly more sim so your option wouldn't really fit in to that direction. Full traction maybe part of your problem the acceleration is effected pretty badly using that . 

That'd be fine if the devs could make it work, but they never do. The AI is either overpowered or inept in the wet and they've refused to fix that for years.

It's also a video game.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, JeremyKrueger said:

its my game let me play it the way i want

Technially it's not your game.  You just have a license for it 😄    All jokes aside though; while I'd never play with the option to have rain off completely I can understand why some may want that and I'm fully on board with all sports game developers adding in as many OPTIONS as possible to customize our experience as players.   I see they added forecast options of perfect and approximate so I'm surprised they didn't also include one that eliminates rain all together, but in a way I can understand why they wouldn't.

Personally though I love the challenge of race strategy changing.  I love racing on approximate and having that unexpected surprise possibly.  When I look at the weather reports before qualifying I actually get somewhat excited to see rain in the forecast.  I don't enjoy driving in it as much as the dry of course, but I love that it makes me think differently about what setup I'll run etc.   For example I had a race yesterday where qualy was dry, race was forecasted for rain about past half way through, 75% chance.  So I figured it will rain.  I sacrificed my qualy run to run a bit more downforce to give me more grip if/when the rain comes and I went out on the medium tyre.  Again, sacrificing my qualifying run speed for more downforce and a longer tire choice in the first stint.   It worked in my favor.  Sure I qualified lower than I'd like to, but when those drivers on the softs pitted I cruised up towards the front.  Then the rain came and I took my stop for the inters; so did the rest of the field.   Myself and a small handful of others made the race a 1 stopper, while others did 2 stops because their softs couldn't make it to the rain where my mediums could.  That was a satisfying win for me in an underperforming car all because of my race strategy selections.   Of course I've had it backfire on me too though which is frustrating, but hey... that's the chances you take.

I've had other sessions where Qualy is rain but race is clear, so I'll again sacrifice my qualy run and suffer in the rain with a lower downforce setup because I want that speedier setup for the race.  Of course on tracks I'm not as good at I wont take that chance as much though because I'd prefer the track position.  I'm looking at you Monaco, Singapore, Japan and Hungary.  😄

So yeah, I hope they take note and add this option for others who don't like the rain challenge because it is alot harder to drive, especially on a controller, but I just prefer the element of surprise and changing strategy that rain can bring.  I'd suggest maybe just cranking up the assists in a race where you may have rain if driving in it is your issue maybe the assists will help make it more manageable so you can still enjoy the strategy challenges it can bring.

Different experiences really.  I play on 103 ai medium traction and yes the ai on 19 were ridiculous for a while they did fix it as I could match my teammate and the ai after running a 6/ 8 wing in rain . So it not impossible to keep up . Didn't really play 20 as hated the train ai . Pick 21 up when new tracks are available.  But rain is tough yes but not impossible .But I agree it a game and options are always good but depends how many people push for it I guess as to whether it will be implemented.

i dont have a problem playing in the occasional rain but in f1 2021 almost every race weekend now has 1-3 days rain (in my game atleast) and with the new practice modes being even more important to complete now it just gets really old really quick if u cant give me a no rain option how about a reduced/ increased chance system or some kind of option because as it is right now i am getting WAY TO MUCH RAIN and it has taken all the fun out of playing to the point i have gone back to my modded f1 2020 just to avoid every weekend being rained out so come on @BarryBL please give us the option 

Sad to hear that the to much rain issues are still present . Was one of my 2 biggest issues with 20 rain and train like ai . Seems the ai have been made more racey but the to much rain thing is a big issue. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JeremyKrueger said:

and yes @BarryBL i will continue to tag u in every post till u decide to grace us with some kind of response as to why you refuse to give us any kind of weather options

Please add as a suggestion