Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster T500RS Steering Wheel PS5 not working

Hi there,

I have an issue with my Thrustmaster T500RS wheel. I can´t connect it with the game on the PS5.
I also tried it with the F1 Wheel add-on without success.

On the PS4 it is working.

Any idea how I can connect this wheel in the PS5 game?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Jose337 said:

Hi there,

I have an issue with my Thrustmaster T500RS wheel. I can´t connect it with the game on the PS5.
I also tried it with the F1 Wheel add-on without success.

On the PS4 it is working.

Any idea how I can connect this wheel in the PS5 game?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks

Codemasters Forum Team

F1® 2021 | Supported Wheels and Controllers - F1® 2021 Game Forum - Codemasters Community

Hi Steviejay69,

please find answered questions below:

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • It seems that the wheel Thrustmaster T500RS and also the T500 F1 Add-on is not supported on the PS5. Whenever I connect it to the PS5 and start the game the system did not recognize the wheel. T
  • Report Code
    • none
  • Platform?
    • PS5
  • Game-mode?
    • all modes
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • none
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • none
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • Connect and disconnect during the game; plug in and disconnect before starting the game. 
    • Played the game on PS4 - surprisingly wheel works from the beginning!!
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • no
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • As explained, no Thrustmaster T500RS wheel support at all on platform PS5!

Hi Jose337it's normal as the T500 base is not compatible with PS5 Games = you can use the T500 on PS5 but only with PS4 Games.

Only these Thrustmaster Bases are compatible with PS5 Games : T-GT / T300 / T150 / T80.

Only official PS4 wheels can works with PS5 games: https://www.bsimracing.com/thrustmaster-wheels-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-compatibility-confirmed/

T500 is very old and is a PS3 official wheel (not official PS4 and so not works on PS5 games).

Posted (edited)

Hi @JeffLais!

OK it is not the newest wheel, but i am wondering why it is working on ps4 and not on ps5 - it's the same game. I dont want to spend money for a wheel 'every' year. Ironically I am playing F1 2021 on my old PS4 instead of the new PS5 now.

Btw: What wheel would you suggest to be ready for existing and coming platforms then? It seems that there are not many wheels officially supported for PS5 yet...

Edited by Jose337
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally it’s becoming a rip off a perfectly good Thrustmaster T500 wheel won’t work not compatible with PlayStation 5. I’m ******* annoyed all it needs is an update/patch get it done 

• Agree 1

I've reported thus bug too a few weeks ago and had no response. A few people have said the wheel us not compatible but it is listed as a compatible wheel on PS5. An official answer either way would be great. 

On 7/19/2021 at 5:46 PM, Jose337 said:

OK it is not the newest wheel, but i am wondering why it is working on ps4 and not on ps5 - it's the same game.

F1 2020 was the same game on both consoles but F1 2021 is not. There is now a PS5-specific version rather than just a PS4 version that the PS5 is back compatible with.

6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

F1 2020 was the same game on both consoles but F1 2021 is not. There is now a PS5-specific version rather than just a PS4 version that the PS5 is back compatible with.

OK then it is not the same game, but at least the input programming should be the same. Anyway I would be happy if it will be applied with one of your next patches Codemasters!

7 hours ago, sbEdge said:

I've reported thus bug too a few weeks ago and had no response. A few people have said the wheel us not compatible but it is listed as a compatible wheel on PS5. An official answer either way would be great. 

good to know that somebody else has the same problem!

9 minutes ago, Jose337 said:

OK then it is not the same game, but at least the input programming should be the same. Anyway I would be happy if it will be applied with one of your next patches Codemasters!

I hope this can be sorted but be aware it may not be possible. For info. at present there is an issue that microphones work with the PS4 version of F1 2021 on PS5 but not with the PS5 version of the game. Based on what has been posted it appears this may be a limitation on Sony's side rather than Codemasters, and it's certainly conceivable that there may be a similar issue with your wheel. 

• 1 month later...